WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DFW Covid Vaccine Finder
If you are in the Dallas/FtWorth area, this is a good site to check for info. I registered over the weekend at the Tx Health, Hughely Drive location in Fort and was able to get appointment in Fort Worth today which I canceled. I have scheduled drive through appointment through Dallas county website for Friday. I had registered with them a couple of weeks ago and they notified me today.
If you have MyChart through UTSW, you might check there to see if you’re eligible. There will be an orange syringe on the page. I wasn’t notified but I would have been able to get an appointment at two of their locations for Thursday or Friday.
The Dallas/Fort Worth locations are only for 1A and 1B.

Well, as of this morning I joined the club after getting a positive Covid result. I was sicker than I’ve been in years over the weekend with cough, fever, aches, headache. I checked with my doctor and they sent me in for a test on Monday. He called me to discuss the results at noon today and told me that I meet the criteria for monoclonal antibody treatment (old, fat with a few underlying conditions :D). So after some research and consulting with a knowledgable friend I set up an appointment for an infusion tomorrow morning. It’s the unpronounceable bamlanivimab by Eli Lilly. It’s intended to reduce the need for hospitalization, so I’m all for that.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Monoclonal Antibody for Treatment of COVID-19

I live in one of the rural counties in southern Oregon just over the California line, although we are the medical hub for the entire region. The main health care system, Asante, is paying for it for everyone and it’s available at my small local hospital. It just became available in early January and the infusion nurse told me they are doing about four each day. Our county is one of the “extreme risk” counties in the state. So I’m very grateful it’s available.

I’m one of those people who “did everything right” and the virus found me. I haven’t left our apartment in months. We use Instacart and wipe everything with an alcohol solution. My husband does only necessary errands, double masked and goggled. So we figure it came in on mail, on a package or it hitchhiked home on him from an errand early last week or rode up the elevator with him. We will never know for sure unless the store he visited announces they had a case. At least we know we didn’t get it from being casual about restrictions. But I’m telling friends to redouble their precautions. They’re all in shock that I got it!

We aren’t able to isolate from each other and figure that horse has left the barn anyway. He’s starting to feel a little punky tonight so we’ll see how it goes. I will report on my infusion experience. I hope everyone here is doing OK. I didn’t have time to read everything. Hugs to all. :)

Well, as of this morning I joined the club after getting a positive Covid result. I was sicker than I’ve been in years over the weekend with cough, fever, aches, headache. I checked with my doctor and they sent me in for a test on Monday. He called me to discuss the results at noon today and told me that I meet the criteria for monoclonal antibody treatment (old, fat with a few underlying conditions :D). So after some research and consulting with a knowledgable friend I set up an appointment for an infusion tomorrow morning. It’s the unpronounceable bamlanivimab by Eli Lilly. It’s intended to reduce the need for hospitalization, so I’m all for that.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Monoclonal Antibody for Treatment of COVID-19

I live in one of the rural counties in southern Oregon just over the California line, although we are the medical hub for the entire region. The main health care system, Asante, is paying for it for everyone and it’s available at my small local hospital. It just became available in early January and the infusion nurse told me they are doing about four each day. Our county is one of the “extreme risk” counties in the state. So I’m very grateful it’s available.

I’m one of those people who “did everything right” and the virus found me. I haven’t left our apartment in months. We use Instacart and wipe everything with an alcohol solution. My husband does only necessary errands, double masked and goggled. So we figure it came in on mail, on a package or it hitchhiked home on him from an errand early last week or rode up the elevator with him. We will never know for sure unless the store he visited announces they had a case. At least we know we didn’t get it from being casual about restrictions. But I’m telling friends to redouble their precautions. They’re all in shock that I got it!

We aren’t able to isolate from each other and figure that horse has left the barn anyway. He’s starting to feel a little punky tonight so we’ll see how it goes. I will report on my infusion experience. I hope everyone here is doing OK. I didn’t have time to read everything. Hugs to all. :)

❤️

Well wishes to you and your husband, Lilibet. Hoping you have good results with the infusions - and that he will qualify as well if he tests positive and becomes more obviously symptomatic. Hang in there, and thank you for documenting your experience.

Ah my friend, I am so sorry to hear this after you have been so careful. Glad to hear you have a treatment plan underway. I'm thinking of you here. Lots of love xX

A cheer-u-up.
My mum, 97, and currently in rehab after breaking her hip, tested positive 3 days before Christmas - which made the holidays a bit fraught - came out of isolation unscathed 2 weeks later. " I had a bit of a cough," she told me.
Take THAT Covid-19!

Oh Lilibet .. I know how hard you have been trying. Unreal.

I am so glad to hear that you will be getting the unpronouncable antibody treatment.

Hopefully your hubby won't get hit with it too hard (or, even better, at all). Thinking of you.

So sorry you’re going through this esp with all the precautions and care you’ve taken to avoid
Please keep us posted
We’re all here cheering you on to a quick and full recovery
I’m feeling like it’s a race, as to whether we get the vaccine or the virus first
Prayers with you and hubby

You are on my mind, non-stop.... I am sooooo glad you are getting the advanced treatment. We are all thinking about, rooting for, and air-hugging you....

@Lilibet I am glad that you are getting excellent care. And I am very interested in how you were exposed, because your situation is so similar to many people I have spoken with...there must be another vector for this disease.

I’m wondering if it’s the B117 variant which is much more contagious, as we know.

We haven’t heard much about surface transmission (al though this is hard to track and isolate, as I’ve mentioned previously), but my guess would be the elevator.

Whatever the case, Dear Lilibet get better soon!! This is excellent you are received the antibodies today. Thinking about you always until this behind you, my special friend. Love you!

Last edited:

Hi: I am pretty shocked to hear you got Covid because you are the most careful person I know of! I am so glad your physician is going to treat you with monoclonal antibodies- that is a treatment that is massively underutilized- the medication just sits around unused for reasons unknown. Hoping you get better soon (and hubby too)
Take care

Lilibet, I totally missed seeing this earlier! I'm so sorry that you have Covid. Bam-luh-NIV-uh-mab (more or less), should fix you right up and keep it from getting worse. I'm SO happy you will be getting the infusion (or did you get it today?). I am praying for you and your husband... please keep us informed. ((Hugs!))

ETA: I see you already had it--great!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back