WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Sharedspirit, if its a private page we can't talk or post about anything from it. If its a public FB page and it pertains to the case we can link and discuss but not copy and paste.

Ima

Sorry Ima.. I was hoping. The lack of media coverage is driving me nuts!

We see this all the time - and let me tell you, once you've heard the pitiful cry of an addicted baby in withdrawal, you will NEVER forget it. (And yes, we do give methadone to the babies to help them - gradually weaning them off)

So, if you get busted selling your food stamps AND buying drugs while on public assistance...do you get the privilege revoked in WV? Please tell me yes. And please tell me these "people" are not so dense to be buying drugs while being watched like a hawk? If they are so arrogant to do this with people watching...WHAT ARE THEY DOING BEHIND CLOSED DOORS?! SMH!

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/111116_7408.shtml

Eyewitness News attempted to contact Lena and Ralph on Wednesday. We visited both their Dennison Street home, and the home of Lena's mother, JoAnn Evans, in Ireland.

No one was home at the Dennison Street home, and no one would come to the door at Evans' home.

We're told the Lunsford's frequently stay with Evans and are seen around town quite often.

So, if you get busted selling your food stamps AND buying drugs while on public assistance...do you get the privilege revoked in WV? Please tell me yes. And please tell me these "people" are not so dense to be buying drugs while being watched like a hawk? If they are so arrogant to do this with people watching...WHAT ARE THEY DOING BEHIND CLOSED DOORS?! SMH!

Yes, they will loose any chance at getting assistance again once they are found guilty.

She will for a while. I think it's 5 years for the first time and it gets more severe for each subsequent time. Not sure how much longer though.

I don't know who this "Vicki Smith" is releasing all these AP stories...but she is my new best friend.

and that makes me ---chopped liver?!?!! Hmmm....:banghead:

Thank you Ms. Vicki Smith--- im lovin it..

Yes, they will loose any chance at getting assistance again once they are found guilty.

Maybe with all the charges together but if I read the code right 1 count of traffickin SNAP results in temporary loss of eligibility.

OK---when I started school-I really REALLY wanted to help families of missing children-like Steve Groene, Mark Lunsford, (and adults) like Lara Gricar. The last few months have made me rethnk my career goals. Soooooooooooooooooooo I enrolled to get my Bachelors Degree in Social Work (with criminology) thinking maybe counseling would be the right choice.

After reading about LL's drug use-i just decided i hate people. NOW what am i gonna do--(i can hear my family **fainting** from here)

Maybe with all the charges together but if I read the code right 1 count of traffickin SNAP results in temporary loss of eligibility.

Won't a drug charge make her loose them forever? I'll have to go back and look.

It's going to depend on what she's convicted of based on this. And if she's been in trouble before for welfare fraud.

http://www.wvdhhr.org/bcf/policy/imm/new_manual/IMManual/Manual_PDF_Files/Chapter_01/DFA_RR_1.pdf

is found guilty in a federal, state or local court of trading SNAP benefits for firearms, ammunition, explosives or controlled substances; is a convicted felon for possession, use, or distribution of a controlled substance(s); or is found guilty of trafficking $500 or more in SNAP benefits, the guilty party will be permanently disqualified from participating in the SNAP Program.

understand if I am found (by court action or an administrative disqualification hearing) to have committed an act of intentional program violation, I will not receive SNAP benefits as follows: First Offense - one year; Second Offense - two years; Third Offense - permanently. In addition, I will have to repay any benefits received for which I was not eligible.

OK---when I started school-I really REALLY wanted to help families of missing children-like Steve Groene, Mark Lunsford, (and adults) like Lara Gricar. The last few months have made me rethnk my career goals. Soooooooooooooooooooo I enrolled to get my Bachelors Degree in Social Work (with criminology) thinking maybe counseling would be the right choice.

After reading about LL's drug use-i just decided i hate people. NOW what am i gonna do--(i can hear my family **fainting** from here)

You are gonna make a tremendous difference no matter which way you go, CJMajorgirl ((Hugs)).... I agree with you though, these cases lately are completely and absolutely devastating, and very very difficult to accept....even worse, they are happening so much lately - this has to stop..... :(

Won't a drug charge make her loose them forever? I'll have to go back and look.

I'm not sure. I know of a few people that have been to rehab for addiction but have kids and are on assistance. I think it may depend on what charge it is.

So if she sold over $500 in food stamps...she's not going to get them ever again if convicted.

It's going to depend on what she's convicted of based on this. And if she's been in trouble before for welfare fraud.

http://www.wvdhhr.org/bcf/policy/imm/new_manual/IMManual/Manual_PDF_Files/Chapter_01/DFA_RR_1.pdf

is found guilty in a federal, state or local court of trading SNAP benefits for firearms, ammunition, explosives or controlled substances; is a convicted felon for possession, use, or distribution of a controlled substance(s); or is found guilty of trafficking $500 or more in SNAP benefits, the guilty party will be permanently disqualified from participating in the SNAP Program.

understand if I am found (by court action or an administrative disqualification hearing) to have committed an act of intentional program violation, I will not receive SNAP benefits as follows: First Offense - one year; Second Offense - two years; Third Offense - permanently. In addition, I will have to repay any benefits received for which I was not eligible.

It's been a few years since I received them. Looks like it's changed. I'm glad. People weren't takin this kinda stuff seriously. The whole program has been taken advantage of to the point of abusin it. It's sad.

It's been a few years since I received them. Looks like it's changed. I'm glad. People weren't takin this kinda stuff seriously. The whole program has been taken advantage of to the point of abusin it. It's sad.

Lots of abuse of taxpayer money all over the place! Not just welfare but all the way up the corporate ladder!

You are gonna make a tremendous difference no matter which way you go, CJMajorgirl ((Hugs)).... I agree with you though, these cases lately are completely and absolutely devastating, and very very difficult to accept....even worse, they are happening so much lately - this has to stop..... :(

Thank you so much, Kimbreeley!! I really DO want to make a difference, and I am tired of people abusing the gifts God so graciously gave them.

My heart breaks for Aliayah, and I worry about her constantly!

understand if I am found (by court action or an administrative disqualification hearing) to have committed an act of intentional program violation, I will not receive SNAP benefits as follows: First Offense - one year; Second Offense - two years; Third Offense - permanently. In addition, I will have to repay any benefits received for which I was not eligible.[/QUOTE

True BUT if they have children they can get SNAP for the children, NOT themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3