Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.westondemocrat.com/news.html

snipped: "Lena had been advised of the terms of her bond by her Pre Trial Services Officer, said U.S. Probation Officer William Bechtel at the hearing. Two of the conditions of her bond was to refrain from use or possession of narcotics including bath salts and she must report any encounters with law enforcement."

She didn't obey the terms of her probation. She failed both of the above conditions. So why is she free?

snipped: "Trooper Cayton did not have the results of the analyses of the bath salts and did not know if they contained anything illegal."

Why didn't he have the results of the analyses? It's been a full 4 weeks?

Shoddy, absolutely shoddy.

Is it any wonder that people don't obey the law when the arm of discipline is so weak?

I think part of this is indicative of how desperate the locals are. They are running out of ideas for ways to help.

While i fully understand their desperation, with a missing child -wouldn't it make MORE sense to say...organize a search party, write the national news, the radio show was an awesome idea,.....

Collecting Toys for a missing child , with the disclaimer we will donate them next year, spells of a HUGE scam. And what did they plan to do with the money they collected?

I thought Aunt Vicky said the banners were paid for by the church, but they are still collecting for them? I am soooo confused!!

http://www.westondemocrat.com/news.html

snipped: "Lena had been advised of the terms of her bond by her Pre Trial Services Officer, said U.S. Probation Officer William Bechtel at the hearing. Two of the conditions of her bond was to refrain from use or possession of narcotics including bath salts and she must report any encounters with law enforcement."

She didn't obey the terms of her probation. She failed both of the above conditions. So why is she free?

snipped: "Trooper Cayton did not have the results of the analyses of the bath salts and did not know if they contained anything illegal."

Why didn't he have the results of the analyses? It's been a full 4 weeks?

Shoddy, absolutely shoddy.

Is it any wonder that people don't obey the law when the arm of discipline is so weak?

Great question, I am getting madder by the minute. THE only good that can come out of this is if by dividing them ----one cracks!!

Why don't the people wanting to give toys adopt a child off of the angel tree and say they're donating in Aliayah's name.

While i fully understand their desperation, with a missing child -wouldn't it make MORE sense to say...organize a search party, write the national news, the radio show was an awesome idea,.....

Collecting Toys for a missing child , with the disclaimer we will donate them next year, spells of a HUGE scam. And what did they plan to do with the money they collected?

I thought Aunt Vicky said the banners were paid for by the church, but they are still collecting for them? I am soooo confused!!

Where did you see that they are still collecting money for banners? Isn't the banner still at the church? Now I'm confused. lol

Now I really feel like we're in the Twilight Zone with this case.

Toys? What's that about? Why would someone collect toys for her?
Toys for little Aliayah were wanted 1) for when she is found and 2) to TRY to get some publicity about her case because NO ONE hardly is covering her story. It was thought that IF cards & letters & toys could be collected & it would be shown that ppl ALL over the USA are pulling for her, SOMEONE might just get around to covering her story. IF she is not found alive, the toys would then be donated to other needy kids

Personally I think if the family were to stop bashing each other all over facebook, the media might be a little more welcoming. Trust me, if we're all reading the bickering and name calling, the media is reading the bickering and name calling. At the rate they're going, Jerry Springer may be the only one who wants to deal with any of them.
I know that sounds mean....but it's just an outsiders observation. I don't know any of these people and I've been uncomfortable reading some stuff that was said.

Toys for little Aliayah were wanted 1) for when she is found and 2) to TRY to get some publicity about her case because NO ONE hardly is covering her story. It was thought that IF cards & letters & toys could be collected & it would be shown that ppl ALL over the USA are pulling for her, SOMEONE might just get around to covering her story. IF she is not found alive, the toys would then be donated to other needy kids

maybe you can answer some questions I have......because maybe I'm just not understanding the concept.
If Aliayah IS found......CPS will never disclose her location so what would they do with the gifts then?
If Aliayah is NEVER found.....will they hold on to the gifts in case she's found or will they get distributed next Christmas regardless?
If people collected toys for needy kids in Aliayah's name... don't they think the media would cover that? I would think a huge toy drive that would benefit numerous kids would draw a lot of media.
Don't get me wrong....I'm very much in favor of a toy drive. I just don't understand why the toys are being held for Aliayah.

Huh? So they can spend 10 hours a day roaming the hills & fishing the lake or whatever...but they must have different addresses. What good is that?

(Yeah, I thought roaming the hills was funny too! Exercise doesn't seem to be their forte, as evidenced by the video.)

I think it's so they can continue to keep them under surveillance. BUT, sounds like they've spent a lot of time interrogating Ralph, so it's not likely they'll lead them to Aliayah any time soon since he's "onto them" - if they really ARE the ones that know her whereabouts.

Then if that doesn't work, maybe separate them - NO CONTACT?

:dunno:

Personally I think if the family were to stop bashing each other all over facebook, the media might be a little more welcoming. Trust me, if we're all reading the bickering and name calling, the media is reading the bickering and name calling. At the rate they're going, Jerry Springer may be the only one who wants to deal with any of them.
I know that sounds mean....but it's just an outsiders observation. I don't know any of these people and I've been uncomfortable reading some stuff that was said.

Last time I brought this kind of behavior up, I got chastised for talking about WV in a negative way. But I'm going to do it again.

This behavior by the family that we are seeing online is typical of what I saw in the hundreds of families we worked with. There are years of hurt, anger, drug abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse....in some families that I'm not shocked at all at what we are seeing. And I would be willing to bet that we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. There are probably many more secrets that some family members don't want exposed.

When you have a family that is this estranged from each other, it's impossible for them to come together for a common cause, even what that cause is finding a missing child. I believe that Aliayah has some family members who do care and are doing the best they know how, but they need professional help. Since LL & RL won't ask for that, I don't see any chance of finding out what happened to Aliayah anytime soon.

I think it's so they can continue to keep them under surveillance. BUT, sounds like they've spent a lot of time interrogating Ralph, so it's not likely they'll lead them to Aliayah any time soon since he's "onto them" - if they really ARE the ones that know her whereabouts.

Then if that doesn't work, maybe separate them - NO CONTACT?

:dunno:

I remember thinking the same thing about Shawn Adkins and Billie Dunn.. but look at them now.. cozied up living together in Austin, forgetting Hailey ever existed :(

I hope for more for Aliayah

Last time I brought this kind of behavior up, I got chastised for talking about WV in a negative way. But I'm going to do it again.

This behavior by the family that we are seeing online is typical of what I saw in the hundreds of families we worked with. There are years of hurt, anger, drug abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse....in some families that I'm not shocked at all at what we are seeing. And I would be willing to bet that we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. There are probably many more secrets that some family members don't want exposed.

When you have a family that is this estranged from each other, it's impossible for them to come together for a common cause, even what that cause is finding a missing child. I believe that Aliayah has some family members who do care and are doing the best they know how, but they need professional help. Since LL & RL won't ask for that, I don't see any chance of finding out what happened to Aliayah anytime soon.

BBM

I agree, I think there's lots that have yet to surface, and may never.

It's sad, but so typical of our times, not just WV. (not chastising you)

It's hard, but I try not to second-guess LE - they know more than they share, and I hope with their working behind the scenes, and the unofficial "sleuths" along with family members and reporters on the other side that something will surface soon.

Aliayah, we're fighting for you. Praying you're warm tonight wherever you are. :praying:

Looks like Bring Them Home Now has a show tomorrow....but not with Vickie
BRING THEM HOME NOW: LIVE with JOE THE BLOODHOUND
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringt...ng-them-home-now-exclusive-joe-the-bloodhound
JOE'S BIO
for 26 years, Sgt. Joe Nicholas (Joe Nick, a decorated military vet) worked for the New Jersey Corrections Department, running the New Jersey State Canine Unit. Now that he’s no longer on active duty, Joe is devoting his life to working with Police agencies across the country, helping families find their missing loved ones. During his career, he's had over 250 cases, and found all but one -- a case that haunts him every day of his life.

I'm not the one in charge of the toy drive for Aliayah and it has been pointed out that the FBI has concerns about it. They have contacted a church to be the non-profit to be in charge of it & are awaiting an answer. IF Aliayah is found alive - the toys can still be donated to her; we don't need to know her location. Re: donating the toys to needy kids for this Christmas in Aliayah's name, I'm sure, simply was not thought of. People were simply trying to have a tangible way of showing love for Aliayah & to get her publicity. That is MY understanding of the situation.

I'm not the one in charge of the toy drive for Aliayah and it has been pointed out that the FBI has concerns about it. They have contacted a church to be the non-profit to be in charge of it & are awaiting an answer. IF Aliayah is found alive - the toys can still be donated to her; we don't need to know her location. Re: donating the toys to needy kids for this Christmas in Aliayah's name, I'm sure, simply was not thought of. People were simply trying to have a tangible way of showing love for Aliayah & to get her publicity. That is MY understanding of the situation.

So the church will break the law-? IF the FBI said --NO TOYS-why push them?? Why not donate the toys to a thousand non profits out there in HER name? While the effort is a wonderful idea -ONCE she is found, the first priority of EVERYONE who cares for her, should be to FIND her!! jmo of course.

BTW Its not that i don't believe she DESERVES toys, because she deserves so much more than that!!

I am a proud WV'an and I am not at all offended by the above. I will add however, historically West Virginia families have had to fend for themselves, from that, grew this very real "what happens in this house...stays in this house" mentality. On a lighter note...also grew a very strong work ethic, but that is OT

Where did you see that they are still collecting money for banners? Isn't the banner still at the church? Now I'm confused. lol

People are having indoor yards sales and taking donations. Its ALL over FB and I have received several messages about making donations. I feel like just sending them to the FBI :(

Thank you ! Thank you !! Thank you!!! ...In the eyes of the public, it is more about the families "reputation" and fund -raising than truth finding. And that is heartbreaking!! Not just for me, but for Aliayah!

I am a proud WV'an and I am not at all offended by the above. I will add however, historically West Virginia families have had to fend for themselves, from that, grew this very real "what happens in this house...stays in this house" mentality. On a lighter note...also grew a very strong work ethic, but that is OT

Hi pkz!!
I wasn't born or raised in WV, but I know many people who were! And I agree with everything you said! Most people do have a strong work ethic, those who don't, repeat the cycle they were raised in---like LL imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member