WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video above, I also noticed they said the dogs traced her scent from the home, down a road, and to the river bank. I had originally questioned in a previous thread if we knew where they had traced her to the river as some said there was a river not too far in the backyard. So it appears they did not track her through the backyard to the river but rather down a road to the river bank.

Anyone know if they would be able to trace this scent if she was taken in a car?

In the video above, I also noticed they said the dogs traced her scent from the home, down a road, and to the river bank. I had originally questioned in a previous thread if we knew where they had traced her to the river as some said there was a river not too far in the backyard. So it appears they did not track her through the backyard to the river but rather down a road to the river bank.

Anyone know if they would be able to trace this scent if she was taken in a car?

The dog would only be able to track her where her feet hit the ground or where she touched things, like a tree or bush. If she walked down the road to the river it could track her to the river. If she was carried and put on the ground it could pick up her scent at the river.

The dog could track her to a car if she walked to the car but if the car is gone it would only track to where she entered the car.

I hope that makes sense.

where is this area "homewood" that CERT leader said teams were searching yesterday in the WDTV interview yesterday (the 26th)?

ETA and the Broken Wheel Campground referenced by Chris (CERT leader) is certainly a distance from the home as well. Curious as to what caused them to search there.

http://g.co/maps/9cmpv

Homewood it north of the house on Hwy 19. Google on the map it by entering: homewood lewis county west virginia

I am very worried about this little one. I fear that Aliayah is not okay. The missing teeth worry me and I just have a bad feeling. Praying that I am proven wrong.

The dog would only be able to track her where her feet hit the ground or where she touched things, like a tree or bush. If she walked down the road to the river it could track her to the river. If she was carried and put on the ground it could pick up her scent at the river.

The dog could track her to a car if she walked to the car but if the car is gone it would only track to where she entered the car.

I hope that makes sense.

I've seen actual abduction investigation where a bloodhound followed the scent of a victim who was put in a car and taken away. They finally had to pull the dog off the trail because it was running itself to death. So it depends on the dog's tracking skills I would say.

I believe the dog(s) tracked her from her door to the road and down the road.

Info found elsewhere on the net. Can anyone confirm this?

Searchers are now working 24 hours

national search group is in charge now

I haven't read that but they did say the Command Center at the church would be open 24 hours.

I've seen actual abduction investigation where a bloodhound followed the scent of a victim who was put in a car and taken away. They finally had to pull the dog off the trail because it was running itself to death. So it depends on the dog's tracking skills I would say.

That makes sense. In that case it was no longer tracking the person but was tracking the vehicle.

Was this a case in CO?
I was just going to post the same thing- the dog in that case followed the sent up the freeway and finally had to be pulled off.

I would venture to guess probably milk or juice rot. :( She didn't seem to have the healthiest of eating habits since she is seen in one of the pics carrying around a bag of Doritos.

Ahh yes this is a possibility- I was querying the teeth thing on an earlier thread but hadn't thought of this! All too common unfortunately- I remember my best friend when I was younger had a 2 year old sister and all her teeth were rotting because her parents would give her orange soda and other sweet drinks in her bottle. Pretty disgusting really!

Was this a case in CO?
I was just going to post the same thing- the dog in that case followed the sent up the freeway and finally had to be pulled off.

Didn't this same thing happen in the Laci Peterson case?
The dog followed her scent up to the freeway supposedly
the route SP took to the Bay?

what about that shed that it had been reported that she was tracked to? anyone remember reading that news?

Was this a case in CO?

It's been so long since I saw the footage I forget, I know it left the highway several times to go up off ramps, and then back down the on ramp to the highway a couple times.

Ahh yes this is a possibility- I was querying the teeth thing on an earlier thread but hadn't thought of this! All too common unfortunately- I remember my best friend when I was younger had a 2 year old sister and all her teeth were rotting because her parents would give her orange soda and other sweet drinks in her bottle. Pretty disgusting really!

I wonder if that doesn't have a lot to do with their gene makeup. A lot of times it is all the teeth affected.

I think, those pics don't help much.

what about that shed that it had been reported that she was tracked to? anyone remember reading that news?

The only thing I remember about a shed was the one in the back yard.
Maybe a tarp in there and some gasoline looking like it was spilled
deliberately..

The only thing I remember about a shed was the one in the back yard.
Maybe a tarp in there and some gasoline looking like it was spilled
deliberately..

They had a link somewhere of photos of the search, which included a weathered white washed shed or barn. The link may have been taken down b/c I think some photos of the minor children of the family were on there.

It's been so long since I saw the footage I forget, I know it left the highway several times to go up off ramps, and then back down the on ramp to the highway a couple times.

That is the same footage I can see in my head- I think it was CO but I could be wrong- there are just far to many cases they get jumbled up in my mind- But I will never forget that dog on the freeway ramp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay