WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a very brief segment about Aliayah on ABC World News Now, which is ABC's overnight news show. At least it shows that her disappearance is getting some national attention, and maybe it will be on some of the morning news shows in a few hours.

They showed a picture of her and just gave a very short summary.

They had a link somewhere of photos of the search, which included a weathered white washed shed or barn. The link may have been taken down b/c I think some photos of the minor children of the family were on there.

It has already been posted in the 1st link, page 17, #405

Have others going missing there in Weston?

Who is the stepdad? And is he the grandson/nephew of the 2 women that disappeared in 1999? Supposedly, in Stonewall Lake?

I miss our forensic astrologers...I know they could shed some serious light on this case.

where is this area "homewood" that CERT leader said teams were searching yesterday in the WDTV interview yesterday (the 26th)?

ETA and the Broken Wheel Campground referenced by Chris (CERT leader) is certainly a distance from the home as well. Curious as to what caused them to search there.

http://g.co/maps/9cmpv

I think they are following the mother's two hour drive route. They may be following the route indicated by the surveillance cameras.

This picture is actually the back of the house.

Weird, since here's another picture from this same side with a car parked, and also odd that the media would be in the back yard between the house and river, rather than on the street... but, maybe people park back there. Anyway, thanks for clarifying.

92511home1-1.jpg

The dog would only be able to track her where her feet hit the ground or where she touched things, like a tree or bush. If she walked down the road to the river it could track her to the river. If she was carried and put on the ground it could pick up her scent at the river.

The dog could track her to a car if she walked to the car but if the car is gone it would only track to where she entered the car.

I hope that makes sense.

I copied your post JeannieC, but this is in reply to several different posts regarding tracking dogs' capabilities.

We have several experts who are posters at WS who are very helpful in answering this type of question. Oriah is one of them and she has posted in regard to this on Aliayah's previous thread. (I don't have the link and I'm getting ready for work, so no time to search for it.)

All dogs are not trained in the same way. I don't think it has been specified in MSM exactly which dogs we are dealing with in this case.

Properly trained SAR dogs follow the scent of skin cells shed by our bodies, which are everywhere we go. Even when we ride in a vehicle, our scent can be detected by these dogs. The dogs follow the particular human scent they are asked to track, not the scent of the vehicle.
If a person or body is being carried, they still track that scent. The person does not have to physically touch the ground or enviornment to leave a scent.

I am not an expert, I want to make that very clear every time I post about facts. I am just telling you what I have learned from following these cases for years. When I post my opinion, I will always make it clear that is all it is. According to TOS, we all need to state opinion or rumor unless we link to a factual source or have been certified as an expert here at W.S.

I wonder if that doesn't have a lot to do with their gene makeup. A lot of times it is all the teeth affected.

I think, those pics don't help much.

It can be a gene thing. My DS, at age 2, had root canals and caps on both front teeth. My mom had full dentures at 26, and my teeth aren't so good either. We do all the right things, though. Go figure, my 87 yr. old dad has never had a cavity. I got all of the undesirable traits from my parents, lol.

Since this is a new thread, I'm going to try and recap what we know, or at least how I understand things to have gone down. I will inevitably be speculating, so I will put this disclaimer here now- I have not watched any of the linked videos so comments in that regard are based on the posts of others. This is all my opinion only. I will try to keep speculation in seperate paragraphs and italicised.

Aliayah was supposed to stay over at a friend's Friday evening, but was brought home because she was ill. She was apparently sick off and on throughout the night, and on Saturday morning the 9 year old sibling moved to her mother's bed because of it. Aliayah was last seen at 6:30, when mother saw stepfather off to work, and was found missing at 9:30. Finding her child missing, mom drives around for approximately two hours before calling Law Enforcement. Driving confirmed by cameras around town, route not released (?) so it's not clear how far she went at that time.

Nothing odd about most of this. Mom is 8 months pregnant, so this sleepover might have been a trial run for when mom was in hospital and the kids weren't to stay at home for some reason. Or they wanted to give mom a break. Or Aliayah likes sleepovers. Some kids want coddling and some want to be left alone when ill. If Aliayah fell quiet around that time, mom might not want to accidentally wake her by going in to check for no reason. Both my kids wake easily when ill, leading to them crying and being unhappy when what they need most is rest.

The assertion Aliayah wouldn't leave because she was sick- not necessarily. If she was running a fever, she might be less cautious/logical. I wouldn't go so far as to say delirious (although it is possible), just that her critical thinking skills (the tiny amount three year olds have) might have been impaired.

As for the driving- suspicious and odd, BUT she is 8 months pregnant with twins (walking might be awkward and painful, as serious joint issues aren't uncommon in even singleton pregnancies) and it is easy to lose track of time while searching. Mom might be reluctant to call LE given her past record or because she is concerned about a CPS investigation- the fear might be justified and it might not, but it is very real for many people. "Not going to take my kids" and such. Not right, but not inexplicable.

Law Enforcement are searching. Dogs (training type unpecified) have traced Aliayah's scent down the road and to a riverbank. Photos released of a nearby white shed. Divers have found nothing.

In the home are 5 children, the mother and a stepfather. Moved recently, said to have mostly kept to themself. Stepfather works at a golf course. Mother has made comments ot the media, including the assertion that Aliayah would not leave the house alone, but is mostly letting some aunts talk.

On the last point, who can blame her? The driving around, if true, undermines her "No way she left the house" assertion; clearly she thought it possible. So she doesn't think Aliayah is kidnapped and being held, so appeals to the kidnapper aren't needed. She probably knows exactly what speculation is being said about her, fairly or unfairly, and I can see trying to avoid the limelight. Not to mention the grief and denial.

Law Enforcement are not discussing possible suspects or theories. Mother does have a criminal record. Stepfather's grandmother and aunt appear to have gone missing in 1999, but he has not been named in MSM and this can therefore not be confirmed. Am I reading that part right? The mods seem to be deleting posts that go against the TOS- much appreciated, especially when there are minors involved, but it makes for some disconnected reading. Tragic, if so; I've known a few families where tragedy just seems to follow them. Family has moved out because the house is being considered a crime scene. RSO's in the area have been interviewed and seemingly cleared.

What vital pieces of information am I overlooking?

I would venture to guess probably milk or juice rot. :( She didn't seem to have the healthiest of eating habits since she is seen in one of the pics carrying around a bag of Doritos.

It might also be an accident (since it's four top teeth right at the front, not the molars which seem to have cavities more often- that just strikes me as "smacked her mouth off something") or a genetic issue, but milk rot is a serious problem. It's very, very sad and preventable with the right information, but I do see how it happens. Misinformation, not enough information, not enough resources, poverty preventing parents from accessing the medical care that would inform them or help before it reached that stage.... Carrying Doritos doesn't mean she was eating them though. Full Doritos bags make a great deal of noise and are therefore a desirable toy, at least for my kids.

That poor, poor girl. I still haven't been able to shake my gut feeling that this was an accident. An accident in a home that might be neglectful or otherwise abusive (based on the suspicious but inconclusive things brought to light by the investigation), yes, but I still think accident. Well, more than the alternative. I can see a coverup as well, but that is a completely baseless thought with no evidence to support it. This poor little girl.

Good morning, thanks for recapping the past few threads SnoopyDoobyDoo, that will be very helpful for those who haven't been following up to now and save them time trying to play catch up.

Praying that today is the day little Aliayah is found.

Im sooo sad there isnt any good news this morning... thanks SO much for the recap Snoop..

Maybe today.

For anybody interested there is a new FB page called lewis county rumor mill where a lot of locals are discussing the case.

Warning there is info posted there on minor children, and other things about the family that I don't want to post here.

I was hoping to see that she would have been found already this morning. Please come back safe Aliayah.

Just popped on to check on Aliayah. Nothing yet??? Hopefully the PC at 10:30 will give us some news.

It's interesting that they are having a PC this early in the morning and so soon after yesterday's PC. I wonder if there is new information since yesterday?:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en