WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a crime and it was an internal (family-related) one, it could have happened on Friday night (or whenever Aliayah was actually last seen by anyone outside of the household) which would allow much more time/distance to hide evidence and in fact her body. Obviously, no one has come forward to say they saw her on such-and-such date, and LE is not telling.

I just can't help remembering Marc Klaas saying (in reference to Hassani Campbell) about how difficult it is to find a child, that the world is a huge place and a child's body so small...
Like they told the searchers, look anywhere you could fit a watermelon. That is just about everywhere.

One reporter told us they have to report facts only and they have to be able to back up what information they put out there (just like here). Some of WV laws are a little odd too. Everyone has rights whether we think they deserve them or not. If they refuse to be interviewed and they keep trying, the reporter could probably be charged with harassment. It's everyone is innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. This is a small town and tight knit group. Things that work in the city will not work here.

Maybe I missed it...or maybe I'm just not too bright today (or both)..but......

Mom's name Lunsford
Stepdad's name Lunsford

How does baby A become Lunsford?

If Stepdad adopted baby A he's Dad and she'd become Lunsford. If he's her biological father, he's Dad, she'd also be Lunsford. I'm confuzzed. Are these people married or...ummmm...related in 'other' ways?

I'm just thinking the mom gave the baby her legal name.

snippets from : http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=109014

Both Lena and Ralph Lunsford, Aliayah's stepfather, have questionable criminal backgrounds, including an unlawful assault charge in 2009 against Ralph Lunsford. Weston Democrat reporter John Wolfe remembered covering the case.

"It was alleged that he took an ax and threatened his niece, and broke out some of the windows in her vehicle," Wolfe said.

Wolfe's court research revealed Ralph has 16 past charges and Lena Lunsford has several too. Her's are not violent, but they include lying to police, forgery and receiving stolen property.

:eek::eek::eek:

OMG ... I just read this article on WBOY ... SF has 16 past charges and Mother has "several" "not voilent" charges ...

"OMG" is about all I can say right now :silenced:

MOO ...

BBM: This concerns me. Well, heck, everything about this case concerns me. Does anyone know if the mom/SF have been brought into the police department for a multi-hour questioning session? Has SF taken a LDT? Have either of them lawyered up?

It's all too quiet! We need Geraldo out there (as obnoxious as he is, at least he asks questions).

MOO

Mel

On the last name issue, I used to do birth certificates years ago. The baby is given the current name of the mom whether married or not. One possibility is she could have been married to another Lunsford previously and then married another later or even divorced him and then married him again later, not unheard of around here. I know a woman who had a child by someone other than her husband before the divorce was final and even though the real dad wanted to claim the child, she had to give the child her married name and then change it to the real father's name later. Point being, there are laws even about what you can legally name your child. We had to fill out an affidavit to give my child her father's name since we were not married. We both had to allow it.

A violent offender, and a child that's not his, is not a good combination :(

A violent offender, and a child that's not his, is not a good combination :(

And a ill child that had been up all night crying and he had to be up early to go to work....

It is not looking good at all.... :cry: ....

Maybe I missed it...or maybe I'm just not too bright today (or both)..but......

Mom's name Lunsford
Stepdad's name Lunsford

How does baby A become Lunsford?

If Stepdad adopted baby A he's Dad and she'd become Lunsford. If he's her biological father, he's Dad, she'd also be Lunsford. I'm confuzzed. Are these people married or...ummmm...related in 'other' ways?

I don't know how it is in WV but here any child born is considered the husband's unless a court says otherwise. Even if the birth father wanted his name on the birth certificate he would have to go to court to get it put on. The husband is always the legal father of a child born during the marriage.
I do notice there is a child that seems to have a different last name, though. Not sure how that works or if it was a mistake.
I may be wrong but I also thought you could name the child anything you want, including the last name, you just can't name someone as the father unless they sign papers or have a DNA test to prove they are the father, that is if they parents weren't married. When I had my child I wasn't married and I was told I couldn't name the father on the birth certificate unless he signed papers in the hospital.
If they were married and agreed to be named the father he wouldn't have to do anything since it would be presumed he was the father as they were married.
Make sense?
My daughter's father was proved by DNA and the state added him to the birth certificate. I didn't even know that until I got a copy of it that he had been added. She had my last name, though, even though her father was named on the birth certificate with a different last name.

I have to leave for a few hours and hope that when I return I will find out that Aliayah has been found unharmed and safe. Praying for you Aliayah! Where are you?????

Its the eyes that are familiar to me.

me too. we adopted two sib groups out of foster care several years ago.. and Aliayah, her eyes, and her missing teeth look just like my youngest did when we 1st got her. haunting.

Lot of locals yesterday felt that LE should be looking in Ireland WV where the grandmother lives.

I agree 150% and was just going to post that when I just had a chance to get caught up. She is the one that I wondered about the most.

BBM: This concerns me. Well, heck, everything about this case concerns me. Does anyone know if the mom/SF have been brought into the police department for a multi-hour questioning session? Has SF taken a LDT? Have either of them lawyered up?

It's all too quiet! We need Geraldo out there (as obnoxious as he is, at least he asks questions).

MOO

Mel

Lol, I vote for Kathi B from Orlando!!

Can we post criminal histories of people who have not been named suspects or POI's by LE? I thought that was against TOS.

wenc, are you near the Armory? Is there something going on there this afternoon?

Oiy.
Ok- trying to sift through things here. Post 414 is related to thermographic devices, I believe. :waitasec:
That has to do with wavelengths. I can explain further if needed.

Air scenting vs tracking vs HRD K9's- totally different subject...

Oiy.
Ok- trying to sift through things here. Post 414 is related to thermographic devices, I believe. :waitasec:
That has to do with wavelengths. I can explain further if needed.

Air scenting vs tracking vs HRD K9's- totally different subject...
Yes, two different topics. :)

To the first question, I think the easiest answer is that as long as a body has warmth it would be visible on heat sensing technologies.

Once a body adapts to the surrounding temperature it would simply be the same color and blend in on screen.

Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

Just because someone has a 'history' with LE or the courts doesn't mean that their child can't go missing, just like anyone else's. So I think all of that is close to being irrelevant at this point. It could come into play later when/if a particular person is named as a POI or a suspect, but delving into that doesn't really help find the child right now, does it?

As far as the mother's 2-hour search, I wonder if she doesn't have a phone? Maybe there's only one cell phone in the house and the dad had it. Or she was out of minutes. So maybe she had to get in the car and go looking. It sounds to me like she might have thought that someone else who was in the house during the time from the previous night to when she came up missing might have her with them. Do we know if anyone else was there in the house? Perhaps Mom went to check with those people, or even at Dad's work to make sure she didn't climb into the car when he left for work.

And I don't find it all that odd that she wouldn't have gone door-to-door in a new-to-them neighborhood. It just might be that that didn't occur to her right then.

I'm not saying that one or both of the parents aren't involved in her disappearance; just that I don't really have a reason to really think that conclusively at this point. There are still too many other possibilities running through my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5