WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's not so much they have reason to believe she is alive, but they have no proof that she is not. IMO, as long as they do not find blood evidence or a body or a witness, can they really say she is dead?

One of the neighbors told me that FBI came and talked to them, asked questions and also asked where they thought they should look. She said she told him and he took out a map and had her show him where on the map and marked it. They do seem to be paying attention to suggestions.

Well that is kind of disheartening...I hoped they had some kind of a plan here. But I guess it is good that they are open-minded.

Why hasn't the media been all over the step-dad? Not understanding this at all.

I wish I knew. Maybe this is a new tactic -- treat the family with kid gloves and perhaps they'll crack?

Very odd to say the least.

Mel

Hi ya'll... a poster asked if I'd pop in over here (I am assuming re: SAR/SAR K9's.)
Would someone be so kind as to point me to the specific posts regarding search efforts for this little one? TIA....

I don't know if they have used cadaver dogs on this search. Anyone? I am sure they haven't reported any 'hits'. I have a question - if the cadaver dog does not hit on the house or their vehicle - is it pretty certain that there has been no dead body there?

I wish I knew. Maybe this is a new tactic -- treat the family with kid gloves and perhaps they'll crack?

Very odd to say the least.

Mel

If I was a reporter there I would be staking out the place trying to get an interview or at least video of him. If the media is being told not to do this by LE they are wrong and should not listen to them.

Why hasn't the media been all over the step-dad? Not understanding this at all.

If the national media, i.e. NG or JVM were bothering to cover this case, they would be all over the records but if I were a reporter in a small town, from the little I've seen, I don't know that I'd want to make an enemy here, IYKWIM. JMO.....

snippets from : http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=109014

Both Lena and Ralph Lunsford, Aliayah's stepfather, have questionable criminal backgrounds, including an unlawful assault charge in 2009 against Ralph Lunsford. Weston Democrat reporter John Wolfe remembered covering the case.

"It was alleged that he took an ax and threatened his niece, and broke out some of the windows in her vehicle," Wolfe said.

Wolfe's court research revealed Ralph has 16 past charges and Lena Lunsford has several too. Her's are not violent, but they include lying to police, forgery and receiving stolen property.

:eek::eek::eek:

OMG ... I just read this article on WBOY ... SF has 16 past charges and Mother has "several" "not voilent" charges ...

"OMG" is about all I can say right now :silenced:

MOO ...

Maybe it's not so much they have reason to believe she is alive, but they have no proof that she is not. IMO, as long as they do not find blood evidence or a body or a witness, can they really say she is dead?
Since you are new here I thought I would point out a feature to you. Up at the top right of the page you will see a Private Message Link. If it has a number by it someone has probably sent you a message. Be sure and check that every once in awhile. Took me a long time to figure that one out. LOL

If the national media, i.e. NG or JVM were bothering to cover this case, they would be all over the records but if I were a reporter in a small town, from the little I've seen, I don't know that I'd want to make an enemy here, IYKWIM. JMO.....

Especially someone who would pick up an axe when angry. I know what you mean.

Maybe I missed it...or maybe I'm just not too bright today (or both)..but......

Mom's name Lunsford
Stepdad's name Lunsford

How does baby A become Lunsford?

If Stepdad adopted baby A he's Dad and she'd become Lunsford. If he's her biological father, he's Dad, she'd also be Lunsford. I'm confuzzed. Are these people married or...ummmm...related in 'other' ways?

I don't think they feel they can push the mom, but only LE knows if she is cooperating or not at this point. The search of the hotel room could have been for the pajamas she was supposed to have been wearing. Wouldn't be the first time a wrong clothing description has been provided either. :banghead:

LE is saying they are cooperating but why announce a search the hotel room if they are? I think much can be inferred from this action but I am just guessing...MOO

DairyGirl.

I apologize for coming out of lurkdom for an OT post, but is your dog DairyGirl? My son's dog who passed away was named Amos, but nicknamed Dairy Dog. And, we called him the greatest dog on earth. And, her photo is so cute..reminds me so much of some of mine that have passed on.

Sorry guys..I guess that should've been private.

:welcome5:

Hello ... glad you came out of lurkdom ...

Welcome

I don't know if they have used cadaver dogs on this search. Anyone? I am sure they haven't reported any 'hits'. I have a question - if the cadaver dog does not hit on the house or their vehicle - is it pretty certain that there has been no dead body there?

If a properly trained HRD dog does not alert on a specific location in a small space such as a vehicle- or any smallish place within an area it is being worked on (home, shed, yard etc) then yes, it is relatively safe to say there are or were no human remains there.

But please note the qualifying "properly trained".

Yes, it has been reported cadaver dogs have been used (probably still are). Not necessarily, it takes a bit of time for the body to release enough of the cadaverdine and other chemicals that the dogs pickup on. It also depends on temperature, size of the body, the dog, etc. IIRC about two or more hours would be standard. I check later to see if I still have a study that was done on this, I find it fascinating. Right now I gotta get the payroll done or I may end up missing.

Hi ya'll... a poster asked if I'd pop in over here (I am assuming re: SAR/SAR K9's.)
Would someone be so kind as to point me to the specific posts regarding search efforts for this little one? TIA....
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150106&page=9 post #414

------------

Perhaps a discussion about air scent (rafts of skin cells etc...) vs. tracking dogs would help here.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24-Sep-2011 - #3

The above link is from this thread page (for full context):
WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24-Sep-2011 - #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

013-9.jpg

This has gone on too long. I have lost hope for our little Aliayah. I fear that they may never find her.

If this was a crime and it was an internal (family-related) one, it could have happened on Friday night (or whenever Aliayah was actually last seen by anyone outside of the household) which would allow much more time/distance to hide evidence and in fact her body. Obviously, no one has come forward to say they saw her on such-and-such date, and LE is not telling.

I just can't help remembering Marc Klaas saying (in reference to Hassani Campbell) about how difficult it is to find a child, that the world is a huge place and a child's body so small...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth