WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the trash, what's to say it was actually "garbage." With that many kids in the house, it would be really hard to keep a spotless house. And if the children spent a lot of time in the house, which if they were never out in the yard, they obviously did, they are going to take toys out and play, maybe not put them up. Maybe throw their clothes on the floor. I have only 1 child and she can pull things out faster than I can get them put up. One of her friends comes over and helps her, they can have the entire floor in her room covered in less than 5 minutes.
And yes, we have trash pickup. It's not expensive, but some can't afford it. Some people used to burn or bury their trash. In any case, the city requires you have trash service and you are supposed to be able to provide a receipt if asked.
One more point, keep in mind they live close to the river. If you leave any kind of garbage in your yard, rats and field mice from the river will overrun the neighborhood and the neighbors will complain. I live along the same river. Even throwing your food scraps out causes a problem with rodents.

Other locals--what is the 121 Direct Response shown on the map? The only 1-2-1 Direct Response I know of is out 33 behind Wendy's.

I'm one who really hasn't been back. I'll check a random thread now and then but I stay away from most of it because I don't want to hear about anything that family says. I refused to watch the Dr. Phil interview, etc. I don't want to give them anymore attention in the hopes they will fade away and not make another thin dime off baby Caylee.

But, I still think of Caylee. And I'd be on the threads in a second if I learned that some form of justice was happening to the "mother of the year".

BBM. I've heard this speculation in some other cases now and then in the past. It is an interesting thought but, IMO, this would never, ever, ever happen. In fact, I don't think it has ever happened before.

LE is under incredible pressure to resolve this case. There would be no reason for them to hide finding a body, from the public. And if they did, defense attorneys would have a field day talking about the possibility of hiding evidence, manufacturing evidence, etc.

I'm confused. We know the mom doesn't really appear to utilize her facebook page much. We also know that the family is not speaking to the media hardly at all. So how do we know there aren't a gazillion pics of Aliayah among her family? My feelings of concern come not from the possibility that the family didn't take pictures of their baby, but the fact that they don't seem to care enough about Aliayah to be on the news every night, begging for her return, showing home videos, publishing every photo they have of her, etc.

I know there are people who act like that who are not guilty, like the mom of Emmett Trapp, who was found dead after wandering three days in the desert, poor baby. She called NG and begged, during the time her baby was missing, that his story not be discussed, which many, including me, found very odd. But, she had nothing to do with his disappearance, except that she was napping when he took off.

So, there are cases when the innocent refrain from talking to media. But, IMO, that's more rare and there are specific reasons (in Emmett's case, I really feel the mother was freaked out and felt that if her kid's case was publicized, that would bring the reality of his precarious situation home. Kind of like once you see your kid's picture flash on the screen, you realize the horrible truth that many missing kids never come home and yours may not either). But, most of the families that act like this, from what I have seen in the past, do so when they are hiding something. Time will tell.

Maybe I am remembering wrong but it seems in the recent case with Kerra Wilson her body was found and not announced until the next day. I think they even did a press conference after it was found and didn't mention it.

Is there a difference between a child(ren) being removed from the home under "protective custody" vs. Removing custody from the parent and remanding custody to the state and placing the children in foster care?? Or is that exactly the same thing and just semantics??

Also am still wondering if mom and family are still sticking to LL's initial claim of Aliayah sick that morning and was sleeping with her older sister??

Sorry to keep asking but with the few articles I've been able to locate none make any reference to this initial claim of mom and whether or not her story has changed to something different.. TIA..

If this is still the story it seems that this older child would be able to answer as to where Aliayah went that morning(tho I seriously have my doubts that Aliayah was still in the home by that time).. But nonetheless would not this child that mom is claiming was present and according to the initial claim actually the only other person present with Aliayah during the time mom claims that Aliayah went missing..

Again TIA to anyone who can shed some light on either of these particular details.:)

(respectfully snipped for space)

I'm very curious about the swing bridge area. I have yet to see it defined. It is described as right next to HK castings. With the pond being drained (was it confirmed that that is the pond next to HK?) and the scrutiny of HK and Custom, I'd really like to see a clear definition. Is it the small line that crosses the river on Google Maps just 200 ft or so north of HK Castings' property near the top right of this map?

hkcastings.png

I think this map I posted in the previous thread at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150199&page=14 Post # 690 remains interactive and you can take the Google walk and look around, HTH.

(If it is not still interactive would somebody please let me know so that I know for future postings? It is still interactive on my end here.)

To beat a dead horse (apologies), the only significance (to me) in regards to the pictures is if she DOES have more current ones at her disposal and did not provide them readily.

Other than that, it's just sad.

Other locals--what is the 121 Direct Response shown on the map? The only 1-2-1 Direct Response I know of is out 33 behind Wendy's.
I'm not sure, but I think there is a trailer house back there. That's another area I walk my dog, but the buildings block the view along the front along Hwy 19 and the view from the road that runs above and behind that is blocked. There is a steep hill behind the buildings.

as for the children being removed from the home.....
I think we need to remember that under the law, minor children cannot be questioned by LE without a parent/guardian or family member being present. Remember the Haleigh Cummings case and GGM Sykes taking Jr. in for questioning to see what he knew?
Now that the children have been removed and are under the care of the state, LE can now question them without a family member there. The children can now answer questions without the pressure of any family member hearing what they have to say.
I am hopeful that more details are being filled in right now.

I watched as the trash was moved from the yard and thrown into a long orange dumpster in the church parking lot. I think they just had to remove it to be able to do a good search of the house.

makes since never thought of that

So what happens if LE, in questioning the children, discovers it was one of them who did something to A., resulting in her disappearance? Could this evidence ever find its way into a court of law, considering it came from a minor who at the time was unrepresented by counsel and could not legally give permission to be interviewed?

So what happens if LE, in questioning the children, discovers it was one of them who did something to A., resulting in her disappearance? Could this evidence ever find its way into a court of law, considering it came from a minor who at the time was unrepresented by counsel and could not legally give permission to be interviewed?
I'm sure these children are being questioned with a representative of the state agency in the room with them.
LE does not want to traumatize these children any further. I'm sure there are also counselors talking to these kids while LE observes. All IMO. I do not know for fact

as for the children being removed from the home.....
I think we need to remember that under the law, minor children cannot be questioned by LE without a parent/guardian or family member being present. Remember the Haleigh Cummings case and GGM Sykes taking Jr. in for questioning to see what he knew?
Now that the children have been removed and are under the care of the state, LE can now question them without a family member there. The children can now answer questions without the pressure of any family member hearing what they have to say.
I am hopeful that more details are being filled in right now.

We were discussing that in the Susan Powell thread. Those children have been removed and placed with their Grandparent's (Cox'). The court also ordered the children to undergo counseling. Many think that during the course of that counseling, the oldest child may speak about memories he may have of the night she went missing. If so, the counselor can give that info to LE.

I wonder if the Lunsford children (older ones) will be offered any counseling? JMO, but I think it would great if they were and not just to further the investigation.

Counselor's are mandatory reporters.

I've seen a lot of speculation on why the children were removed. IMO, they found what they needed to find in order to remove them and talk to them. I, personally, don't remember a case where the children were removed so quickly from a home where no one has been declared a suspect or an actual known crime was committed.

We have one in here and it's telemarketing. Don't know what their soliciting.

I've seen a lot of speculation on why the children were removed. IMO, they found what they needed to find in order to remove them and talk to them. I, personally, don't remember a case where the children were removed so quickly from a home where no one has been declared a suspect or an actual known crime was committed.

I have no proof of this, but I believe there may be a significant history with CPS involving this family. IMO, that would make it easier for them to step back in and remove the children.

Maybe there were terms in regaining custody, that clearly were not being met?

I have no proof of this, but I believe there may be a significant history with CPS involving this family. IMO, that would make it easier for them to step back in and remove the children.

Maybe there were terms in regaining custody, that clearly were not being met?

That is what my gut is telling me.

IMO, I find it very telling that the children were not placed with any other family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth