WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. They had to find something in the home. But it may not be something as bad as some people think. Neglect can be a very broad term. KWIM? To some it may mean no food....to some it may be no bath for 3 days. (Just using examples)

Children were recently removed from a home in Union County NC because of the condtion in the home. TRASH in the home, dirty dishes, dirty clothes strung everywhere. Dirty bed linens, nasty bathroom, and filthy floors. When they showed this on the news I felt like crying for the children. They showed living crawling roaches in the house. The refrigerator looked like something you would find in a dump and so did the stove and oven. SO NASTY!

Oh and did I mention dirty diapers on the floor piling up! By the way, they have trash pickup for everyone. Just a walk to the curb with a rolling trash bin.

If LE went into this kind of mess than Thank God they removed the children. Whether the parents are innocent or not as far as Aliayah's disappearance, no child(ren) should have to live in filth!

BBM- Especially in smaller jurisdictions with limited resources to throw at a case like this. I can't remember if they have to be invited by local LE or can enter a case of their own accord?

There was talk that local searchers were exhausted after seven days spent searching. Maybe Sheriff Guissey is focusing on the local aspects of the investigation and is happy to turn over the pressor aspects of the case to the FBI?
I think they have to be invited if it is not a federal case.

If that trash was all over in the house , that is reason enough to remove children from the house. The living conditions were not proper for the children.

I agree, but why remove them after hours, when they weren't even in the house? They were probably living in the most sanitary conditions they've ever known.

I'll admit that I (judgmentally) drew conclusions about the interior of the home (and the people who live there) based on the outside of the house and also by looking at the backgrounds of photos that I guessed were taken inside. When people were talking about whether they would let the twins leave the hospital to go to a motel room, I thought, "Better there than the home!"

(I haven't looked at this thread all day so maybe this has been done to death.. if so, I apologize in advance).

Children were recently removed from a home in Union County NC because of the condtion in the home. TRASH in the home, dirty dishes, dirty clothes strung everywhere. Dirty bed linens, nasty bathroom, and filthy floors. When they showed this on the news I felt like crying for the children. They showed living crawling roaches in the house. The refrigerator looked like something you would find in a dump and so did the stove and oven. SO NASTY!

Oh and did I mention dirty diapers on the floor piling up! By the way, they have trash pickup for everyone. Just a walk to the curb with a rolling trash bin.

If LE went into this kind of mess than Thank God they removed the children. Whether the parents are innocent or not as far as Aliayah's disappearance, no child(ren) should have to live in filth!

I agree 100% with you. The point I was making was the children were removed and NOT placed with other family members. Which to me, means LE wants to be able to talk to these kids without any family around. IMO

You know looking at all the news stations in the area I can find no evidence that any of them have been up there since Friday. The one station that did the story on Saturday I swear just took the information off of a FB page.

You know looking at all the news stations in the area I can find no evidence that any of them have been up there since Friday. The one station that did the story on Saturday I swear just took the information off of a FB page.

do reporters in small towns only work Mon-Fri?

In West Virginia, relatives are the prefered first choice when a child is removed from their home by Child Protective Services. The family member who is willing to take the child must meet similiar qualifications as a foster family. They have to do background checks and inspect the house to be sure it's a safe environment for the child. That takes some time. Also, it can take several days for it to come in front of the judge. The system is very difficult for families to navigate without a lawyer or advocate.

do reporters in small towns only work Mon-Fri?

I am SO frustrated. What does LE expect us to do -- just walk away because they don't want to talk? Is that what they want us to do? My guess is yes.

Poor baby A -- she deserves SO much more!

MOO

Mel

Day nine is almost coming to a close in WV. :( Not much more daylight left.

I'm still praying whatever happened to little Aliayah was an accident. That mom, given her history is frightened believing whatever she might be holding back is for the benefit of her other children. If she is holding anything back.

My heart breaks for her other children. Their sister is lost and they've been taken away from their mom and dad/sd that they love.

So sad all around.

I wish someone who is an expert on river flow and silting patterns could chime in and give us an idea of possible difficulties or not of finding Aliayah in the river, if that is in fact where she is.

:(

When I was thinking along those lines, I wondered if Aliayah could have been singled out because of who her Father was. Meaning, if RL is not her Father, but he knows who is and bears some sort of grudge against that person? Could it be a source of contention in the home?

Respectfully snipped

My thought exactly. I always thought my mother hated me because every time she looked at me she saw my father (whose hate for she professed whenever she got the chance!)
I wondered myself if perhaps anything did happen to this child, was it because of the resemblance to or contention for the father? Either in a fit of rage OR what i believe, a sale of the child to alleviate their economic situation.

Respectfully snipped

My thought exactly. I always thought my mother hated me because every time she looked at me she saw my father (whose hate for she professed whenever she got the chance!)
I wondered myself if perhaps anything did happen to this child, was it because of the resemblance to or contention for the father? Either in a fit of rage OR what i believe, a sale of the child to alleviate their economic situation.

I've wondered the same thing, but imo Aliayah strongly resembles her mother. At least as far as the eye area. There is no mistaking mother and child.

I do wonder if perhaps with Aliayah there may be reasons she was singled out among this group of children. It happens....

Subject change, but I also wonder about the size of clothing she had on. Was it tighter or looser fitting? If she went into the river, depending on the flow, I wonder if her clothing would have been pulled off with the current and if it didn't snag on something why it hasn't been found.

Didn't early reports say they were looking for her clothing? The threads are moving to quickly for me to read each post.... so perhaps someone can clarify. I realize clothing would be a sign she was in the area, but the way I recall it worded sounded different than usual MP cases.

Isn't this another rumor page?

Jeeze-Louise, I just found three more new fb pages similar to the other rumor mills. JMO, but the media silence/lack of coverage contributes to this kind of mess.

Maybe there are no family members who want to get in the middle of this situation, or maybe they cannot assure that parents would not have access, or maybe there is no familoy in a position of being able to take the kids in, or.........Just saying there could be many reasons. I am just glad the kids are safe. Blessings

I've wondered the same thing, but imo Aliayah strongly resembles her mother. At least as far as the eye area. There is no mistaken mother and child.

I do wonder if perhaps Aliayah is there may be reasons Aliayah was singled out among this group of children. It happens....

Subject change, but I also wonder about the size of clothing she had on. Was it tighter or looser fitting? If she went into the river, depending on the flow, I wonder if her clothing would have been pulled off with the current and if it didn't snag on something why it hasn't been found.

Didn't early reports say they were looking for her clothing? The threads are moving to quickly for me to read each post.... so perhaps someone can clarify. I realize clothing would be a sign she was in the area, but the way I recall it worded sounded different than usual MP cases.

I look just like my mother's side of the family too, but she saw something in my eyes and my nature that reminded her of my dad. Bottom line, I was part of him, hence the hate. (when I was younger! We are all good now :) )

The clothing thing? i think one LEO said something like she disappeared into thin air, they didn't even find a shred of her clothing and THAT led people to believe they were looking for clothing. Don't think that's what he meant since no one has remotely admitted she may be deceased that I have read.

Hi all. :)

A newbie sleuth here. Hope I'm doing this right. I've been lurking around for quite a while and finally decided to come out of lurkdom, lol. I love this site and I'm totally addicted to it.

I'm from West Virginia also. I live in the Huntington area. It's about two and a half hours away from Weston, I believe, but I have been following this case since little Aliayah first disappeared. She is always in my thoughts and prayers.

The local news coverage is so frustrating. Or I should say the LACK of local news. It is repetitious and never anything new being reported as far as case developments. I'm SO hoping that we hear something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth