WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure....thanks for the heads up. I won't link it anymore

I'm not positive. I thought it was a news site till I went and read the page. Seems to be a local who has a page to talk about the news, not an actual news site's page.

I know there are a lot of blogs & sites set up in WV that claim to be news pages but they are just citizens starting their own blogs, not an actually news site. Hard to tell the difference sometime.

I mentioned that earlier and the only response I got was something like, "I don't see how that can help". So I shut up. :maddening:

There was a poster on the Katlyn Markham thread that was really good at it. I've tried to find that post but so far haven't been able to. I would ask her to come over here and do the same if she would.

I know the river flows north but that is the extent of my knowlege of the river.

I think it is relevant. moo

Respectfully, all opinions are welcome provided they are within TOS. :D

There was much discussion on river flow and silting patterns in the Anna Waters forum. In fact, her step father Joe Ford, (rest in peace) who posted here until he passed away this past February, not only went through the creek behind their home inch by inch with his bare hands for miles - until the Ocean, he wrote to a professional seeking information if it was possible Anna might have been missed during the numerous searches through the creek.

Silting patterns and flow would be very relevent imo to determine how far she could have been carried, or where she could be caught up and possibly under silt already. No stone left unturned!

In regards to lack of reporting, I encourage you to send an e-mail to WDTV. I sure did!!

news@wdtv.com, feedback@wdtv.com, newsforyou@wdtv.com

Just copy and paste into your e-mail.

We can be the voice for Baby A and ask that they provide updated and accurate reporting (and not just a sentence after an article that's a week old).

MOO

Mel

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is whether the trash recieved at the dump around the time Aliayah went missing has been seperated so it too can be searched. That's another thing that has happened in cases with small missing children, who can easily be disposed of in a dumpster or container and easily be missed.

I sure hope that whatever trash had been picked up around the time Aliayah went missing has been seperated and is being searched.

:(

I have some sympathy for Aliayah's mother in regard to the filthy home. It would be very hard to keep it clean with 5 children and Mom being 7,8,9 months pregnant. If they don't have much money, she may be preparing all meals from scratch since convenience foods and take out are more expensive. If they don't have a washer/dryer at home, she would have to go out with all of those babies to do laundry.

I am not condoning the condition of the home. I'm just saying that stepdad or grandma should have pitched in to take on those chores during the latter months of Mom's pregnancy, especially with twins. Many women in her condition are put on bedrest at this point and it is probably all she can do to care for the youngest children and keep everyone fed and homework for the older girls.

This situation was a ticking timebomb. Stepdad has proven to be a violent man as evidenced by past convictions, so I suspect that he was more of a hinderence than a help! All MOO!

I understand, TGI. It's hard - I know. I've had many surgeries where I couldn't get out of bed and dreaded to see what my house looked like. I would like to know if LL was bedridden because I know how hard it is to clean a house on crutches.

We're a single income family and I cook all meals. Not because fast food is expensive, but because it's garbage. My son gets it once a week - period. And that's a treat with friends ;)

I want to sympathize with her, I really really do. Unless she's bed-ridden and had no other help, I'm gonna have a hard time doing so. What about her older daughters? My son and DH sure knew how to clean a dish and take out the trash -- that was the least they could do. It was the dusting, vacuuming and laundry that I had to deal with.

Anyway, after seeing all those trash bags it's hard for me to fathom that there wasn't a single person in the house that couldn't gather up trash (SD, 9 year old, or 11 year old).

I remember when I had surgery and my son was a toddler. I was able to tell him to "put this in the trash for mommy". He did.

Oh bother....

Mel

I absolutely agree MrL could have and should have taken out the trash! He could have helped with a lot of things. Did I say MRL stands for "lazy"!

I thought it was stated that he had a job? Unless I missed something and it's been proven he was just living off of all of these offspring then where does the "lazy" accusation come from?

with all due respect....if Mom could get out of bed to get the stepdad off to work, she could get out of bed to take care of her kids.

Thank you. It's hard for me to imagine her getting too far without shoes on. She's just barely 3. Her tiny feet would likely hurt walking on gravel or asphalt. I don't believe she could have gotten far in an area full of thorns. Not being familiar with the area, and just through pictures and descriptions from locals, I can see her falling down a hill, into a steep area she may not be seen easily, or falling down hill into the river.

I'm just praying she is not one of the cases of these little ones that goes missing to never be found. Too many of those. And yes, I am still holding out hope she got lost until there is factual information to prove otherwise.

Lots of kids here don't wear shoes all summer long. My kids think I'm mean because they aren't allowed to go barefoot. My neighbor's kids run on the asphalt & gravel like it's nothing. Hurts me just to watch! I guess their feet just get tough & used to it. Lots of foot injuries though.

I was told too look for any piece part of clothing. Only clothing our team found was a pair of nike flip flops and a mans huge blue sweatshirt. these we had to radio in and mark with orange tape. ( not sticky tape it was like crime scene tape)

That'd be flagging tape, trained searchers usually have that with them. And even without being told, given this situation they would radio in anything out of the ordinary. Anything child-related, any disturbed areas, clothing, diapers, toys, stickers, anything. The only thing ignored would be litter that has clearly aged.

And the tape is usually so that LE or a more highly trained searcher can come back and take a look without it being disturbed.

That'd be flagging tape, trained searchers usually have that with them. And even without being told, given this situation they would radio in anything out of the ordinary. Anything child-related, any disturbed areas, clothing, diapers, toys, stickers, anything. The only thing ignored would be litter that has clearly aged.

And the tape is usually so that LE or a more highly trained searcher can come back and take a look without it being disturbed.

Thanks charlie

Just wanted to add...I'm not believing that this 8-9 month pregnant w/ twins woman with 5 other children wakes up at the crack of dawn everyday to see her husband off to work everyday, including Saturdays. I know some women would do it....but I'm not believing this one did. ALL IMO.

Lots of kids here don't wear shoes all summer long. My kids think I'm mean because they aren't allowed to go barefoot. My neighbor's kids run on the asphalt & gravel like it's nothing. Hurts me just to watch! I guess their feet just get tough & used to it. Lots of foot injuries though.

at 3? Remember she just turned 3 too. How old were the neighbor kids, because I sure don't see a lot of "just turned 3" year old running around here.

MOO

Mel

Maybe I am remembering wrong but it seems in the recent case with Kerra Wilson her body was found and not announced until the next day. I think they even did a press conference after it was found and didn't mention it.

A rancher called in the evening to ask LE to search his ranch. They found her body sometime that evening. It must have been dark, though, because it was too late to process the crime scene and they had to wait until the next day to do so.

There was a press conference the same evening the rancher called. Since they had not even processed the crime scene until the next day, it is impossible to have positively i.d.'ed the body that night and at the time of the presser (evening) they may have just been receiving the call from the rancher.

If LE handling the presser heard on the radio that someone had called for a search, it would be ridiculous for them to announce that at the press conference. Even if they heard on the radio, sometime during the press conference, that a body had been found, that is not something that would be announced right at that moment, at a press conference, especially without having processed the crime scene.

An announcement was made within mere hours of processing the crime scene and the step-dad was already arrested by then. Websleuthers got the news around 10:00 a.m. EST, the morning after Kerra's body was located. That is a vastly different scenario than one in which the body is found and LE hides that fact for days. Obviously, LE needs a few hours to process what they find before they can announce the discovery of a body, as we see time and time again, but actively hiding such a discovery, especially after the scene has been processed, is, IMO unheard of.

People over there in W.VA are upset and frightened. The moment LE has reportable news, we are going to hear it. :twocents:

Just wanted to add...I'm not believing that this 8-9 month pregnant w/ twins woman with 5 other children wakes up at the crack of dawn everyday to see her husband off to work everyday, including Saturdays. I know some women would do it....but I'm not believing this one did. ALL IMO.

After looking at the trash, from 1 room as implied, do I see her getting up either. If so, she could certainly grab a trash bag ya think?

:maddening:

MOO

Mel

At 37 or so months? I know of older kids who run barefoot, or did. But never anyone who was accustomed to walking barefoot at around 36 mo's.

lol. 55-year-old Suthun Kid here. I've always gone barefoot as much as possible...until last summer when two separate bee stings forced me into flip flops! *Wanders off mumbling dumb ole bees*

I agree, tbhe only thing i can think of is she was awake anyway.. the last few weeks of a multiple pregnancy you don't get much sleep. Foot in your ribs, butts against your bladder (which means you're up peeing every hour) etc... and the babies are running out of room therefore all organs are pushed upwards and you can barely breathe which also makes sleep hard, and OMG the heartburn LOL

Hi all. :)

A newbie sleuth here. Hope I'm doing this right. I've been lurking around for quite a while and finally decided to come out of lurkdom, lol. I love this site and I'm totally addicted to it.

I'm from West Virginia also. I live in the Huntington area. It's about two and a half hours away from Weston, I believe, but I have been following this case since little Aliayah first disappeared. She is always in my thoughts and prayers.

The local news coverage is so frustrating. Or I should say the LACK of local news. It is repetitious and never anything new being reported as far as case developments. I'm SO hoping that we hear something soon.

welcome aboard:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member