WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at the trash, from 1 room as implied, do I see her getting up either. If so, she could certainly grab a trash bag ya think?

:maddening:

MOO

Mel

I took it that they kept all the trash in one room not that there was trash in every room. But like I said I can't swear to that cuz was just told this by a guy who watched the LE remove the trash.

The more I think about it I bet it was just in one room and is probably why they threw it out the window. Wouldnt make sense to carry it from every room to pitch it out the window, they would use the door.

In West Virginia, relatives are the prefered first choice when a child is removed from their home by Child Protective Services. The family member who is willing to take the child must meet similiar qualifications as a foster family. They have to do background checks and inspect the house to be sure it's a safe environment for the child. That takes some time. Also, it can take several days for it to come in front of the judge. The system is very difficult for families to navigate without a lawyer or advocate.

Kinship/relative placements do not immediately have to go through the background check. DHHR tries to place children with relatives.
However, the placement must be in the best interest of the child. Given this situation, if I were DHHR, I would place them with someone I know has qualified to be a foster parent

From the time they learn to walk around my neck of the woods. No shoes in the summer. I keep lots of first aid stuff at my house. Kids always coming over asking for bandaids.

I thought it was stated that he had a job? Unless I missed something and it's been proven he was just living off of all of these offspring then where does the "lazy" accusation come from?

I was referring to not taking out the trash.

Don't know if this will help anyone, it is way over my head and way too technical for me.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?03058020
It says stream flow data is available but I don't see it anywhere...anybody else have any luck?
Also, I do believe those will be surface measurements and not bottom measurements.

I do remember locals saying there was a lot of trash and debris in that river to get hung up/snagged on.

I will say that if they have used sonar they have an accurate 'picture' and usually video of what the bottom and anything on the bottom looks like. I am sure it will be reviewed multiple times and by multiple persons to be sure nothing has been missed. JMO

I saw one once (video of the sonar results) of a grown man that was found and we could clearly tell that is what we were looking at.

It is amazing how much can be seen' using sonar. Very impressive technology there, IMO.

All just my opinion.

Hi all. :)

A newbie sleuth here. Hope I'm doing this right. I've been lurking around for quite a while and finally decided to come out of lurkdom, lol. I love this site and I'm totally addicted to it.

I'm from West Virginia also. I live in the Huntington area. It's about two and a half hours away from Weston, I believe, but I have been following this case since little Aliayah first disappeared. She is always in my thoughts and prayers.

The local news coverage is so frustrating. Or I should say the LACK of local news. It is repetitious and never anything new being reported as far as case developments. I'm SO hoping that we hear something soon.

Welcome LaineyB!!:welcome5:

From the time they learn to walk around my neck of the woods. No shoes in the summer. I keep lots of first aid stuff at my house. Kids always coming over asking for bandaids.

Yes its definately a WV thing. My girls always did the barefoot thing when they were little till one sliced her foot riding her bigwheel. That ended the barefoot thing here.

After looking at the trash, from 1 room as implied, do I see her getting up either. If so, she could certainly grab a trash bag ya think?

:maddening:

MOO

Mel
I think it is possible that the trash was all in a laundry room or at the back door in bags waiting for someone to take it to the road or trash container. With LL being pregnant I'm sure with that size bags (assuming this was already bagged trash) it wouldn't be something she should be picking up.

moo

Kinship/relative placements do not immediately have to go through the background check. DHHR tries to place children with relatives.
However, the placement must be in the best interest of the child. Given this situation, if I were DHHR, I would place them with someone I know has qualified to be a foster parent

I agree. Being with a family member isn't always in the best interest of the child. I wonder how much of that is up to local DHHR case workers? I've seen it vary from county to county.

Thank you all for the very warm welcome.

As the matter of going barefoot is concerned, we have a really hard time keeping shoes on my youngest grand daughter who's 4 years old. LOL, she's constantly pulling her shoes off. Says she likes to let her feet "bweave" (breathe).

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is whether the trash recieved at the dump around the time Aliayah went missing has been seperated so it too can be searched. That's another thing that has happened in cases with small missing children, who can easily be disposed of in a dumpster or container and easily be missed.

I sure hope that whatever trash had been picked up around the time Aliayah went missing has been seperated and is being searched.

:(

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?h...Lewis,+West+Virginia&cid=13957151044567403060

Looks like there is a Transfer Station in Weston.

Locals where is the trash from your area taken to? Have you heard of any searches at a landfill?

ETA- What I referenced above is NOT a Transfer Station, it's a hauling company. My question still stands about the Landfill.

I have some sympathy for Aliayah's mother in regard to the filthy home. It would be very hard to keep it clean with 5 children and Mom being 7,8,9 months pregnant. If they don't have much money, she may be preparing all meals from scratch since convenience foods and take out are more expensive. If they don't have a washer/dryer at home, she would have to go out with all of those babies to do laundry.

I am not condoning the condition of the home. I'm just saying that stepdad or grandma should have pitched in to take on those chores during the latter months of Mom's pregnancy, especially with twins. Many women in her condition are put on bedrest at this point and it is probably all she can do to care for the youngest children and keep everyone fed and homework for the older girls.

This situation was a ticking timebomb. Stepdad has proven to be a violent man as evidenced by past convictions, so I suspect that he was more of a hinderence than a help! All MOO!

My daughter in-law has 7 kids, many adopted and disabled......her house is very clean, my 4 granddaughters hair is always done! She home schools and all the kids are in sports, active in their church, daily rehab for 2 of the boys
so BS, my daughter-in-law is up a 6 am to take care of all of them!

Thank you all for the very warm welcome.

As the matter of going barefoot is concerned, we have a really hard time keeping shoes on my youngest grand daughter who's 4 years old. LOL, she's constantly pulling her shoes off. Says she likes to let her feet "bweave" (breathe).

welcome LaineyB! You aren't too far from me.

I think a local told us that the search area would be smaller because of the dam on south end and the water plant on the north end. So I'm wondering if that means nothing as big as a small child could get past the water plant north of bendale?

I think a local told us that the search area would be smaller because of the dam on south end and the water plant on the north end. So I'm wondering if that means nothing as big as a small child could get past the water plant north of bendale?
Not that a small child could not get past it. It's just a cement dam that goes across the river, not very high,by the water plant. We were talking about not being able to take a boat around it. They searched the river way past that point. If I remember correctly, we were talking about the possibility of her being handed off the bridge to a boat.

There is another one of the dams in town across from the lunatic asylum. I don't really know what their purpose is and I have seen them in other areas in the rivers. I don't know if it has anything to do with the water plant. It just happens to be close to it.

Hi all. :)

A newbie sleuth here. Hope I'm doing this right. I've been lurking around for quite a while and finally decided to come out of lurkdom, lol. I love this site and I'm totally addicted to it.

I'm from West Virginia also. I live in the Huntington area. It's about two and a half hours away from Weston, I believe, but I have been following this case since little Aliayah first disappeared. She is always in my thoughts and prayers.

The local news coverage is so frustrating. Or I should say the LACK of local news. It is repetitious and never anything new being reported as far as case developments. I'm SO hoping that we hear something soon.

Welcome To Websleuths, LaineyB!!
405484001317603248.gif

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?h...Lewis,+West+Virginia&cid=13957151044567403060

Looks like there is a Transfer Station in Weston.

Locals where is the trash from your area taken to? Have you heard of any searches at a landfill?

ETA- What I referenced above is NOT a Transfer Station, it's a hauling company. My question still stands about the Landfill though.

I'm curious to know if there is any survelliance at the transfer station, and if the garbage trucks have GPS. Of course I am also curious how close SD's work or commute to work is in relation to the transfer station, as well as if the 2-2.5 hours of mom driving around looking for Aliayah included any driving near the transfer station.

For those who do not have local trash pick up, are they able to bring their trash to a dump themselves? If so, where is that located? I know some communities give residents the option of trash pick up or taking it to the dump themselves.

Not that a small child could not get past it. It's just a cement dam that goes across the river, not very high,by the water plant. We were talking about not being able to take a boat around it. They searched the river way past that point. If I remember correctly, we were talking about the possibility of her being handed off the bridge to a boat.

Thank you! This has been a very hard case to keep up with concerning the info. Your posts have been very helpful!

Do you know if the river has flooded over that dam since Aliayah has been missing?

I'm curious to know if there is any survelliance at the transfer station, and if the garbage trucks have GPS. Of course I am also curious how close SD's work or commute to work is in relation to the transfer station, as well as if the 2-2.5 hours of mom driving around looking for Aliayah included any driving near the transfer station.

For those who do not have local trash pick up, are they able to bring their trash to a dump themselves? If so, where is that located? I know some communities give residents the option of trash pick up or taking it to the dump themselves.

Hi Cubby! Sorry if slightly off topic for a sec but I just noticed your tiny siggy and I just wanted to say I love it and tho, I've never heard or seen this particular saying.. It couldn't fit the very definition of exactly what my Papaw was to me(and will always be in all my beautiful memories of him).. Thanks for such a poignant but beautiful siggy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth