WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought about one thing: those could not have been their trash bags cause LE would have opened them to look for evidence or Aliayah herself. MOO

IIRC, I believe Feisty Gurl said LE was throwing the trash out of a window at the house, then collected and bagged it.

Just thought about one thing: those could not have been their trash bags cause LE would have opened them to look for evidence or Aliayah herself. MOO

Maybe LE is the ones that bagged it? IDK just talking. Have to talk about something since we aren't learning anything new :sick:

West Virginia is known for its glass. Fenton Glass if located in W VA and the Museum of American Glass is located in Weston, W Va. At one time Weston had glass blowing by some very prominent artists and companies.
Blenko Glass has its studios and Gallery in W Va.

I've been to Fenton Glass and to the museum. I loved it! The milk glass made at Fenton has been known world wide for years. I own one Blenko Lamp. Beautiful!

They do bus tours to these places. Worth the drive! I stopped on my way to other places further north. Left in the middle of the night so I could see them.
A few years ago I went by the Blenko Glass Comany and was going to stop and go on a tour but something happened and I couldn't. Can't remember what it was.

Is the Glass museum still there and the antique shops? You have broken my heart! I know Blenko Lamp is gone and their lamps are now worth a fortune! Do you know if Fenton Glass is still there? Their Milk Glass is beautiful!

Yes the glass museum is. Blenko has a factory in Milton between Charleston and Huntington. They also make colored glass for stained glass there. There is another glass factory in Milton too, but I've only been to the Blenko one. I think there might be a Fenton near Ohio somewhere, maybe around Wheeling or it may actually be in Ohio. The glass factories in Clarksburg closed down too. One of them burned, but it was already closed for a few years when it did. There were a few out Route 50 towards Parkersburg last time I was up that way.

I hope it already has, in that they searched or marked off the landfill days ago...

I just can't stand the though of her being found in a landfill. I'm glad they have already searched. Thanks

Lol Jeannie, I was an artist for Fenton for a short time! I could'nt paint my signature pretty enough, I had a freind at Brooke glass who would paint it on for me, so I just stayed there. Fiestaware is in Newell and alot of my family worked there. Sorry-ot, but growing up we all took it for granted. It makes me sad to see the depressed state wv. has become. I keep popping in hoping something has developed! I was hoping that at the WVU game last night they would announce her name and situation. My hope for little A is waning. :(

Dr Fessell, I have some peices of wv glass, very old, one is a beautiful blue vase. I grew up above Wheeling wv and I was an artist for Brook glass. Decorative lamps, votive candle holder, vases, all hand painted. There used to be several glass factories along the ohio river. Oglebay makes blown glass ornaments etc.

How cool! That is hard work and hard on the hands and wrist I have heard. Beautiful stuff.

Hiya Janeumayer! The reason the garbage bags are all unopened and intact as you correctly noted that LE would have gone thru the garbage bags from the home.. But actually LE is the one's who bagged the garbage that you see in the pic! Yes, that's right.. All of those large, black garbage bags that you see the garbage that fills them came from inside that tiny home.. LE opened a window of the house and literally had to throw all of the garbage that the home was loaded with, out of the home, through a window, and then bagged the mountain of trash into the black garbage bags in the pic..

This trash removal done by LE had to be done before they could even effectively search the home..

Lol Jeannie, I was an artist for Fenton for a short time! I could'nt paint my signature pretty enough, I had a freind at Brooke glass who would paint it on for me, so I just stayed there. Fiestaware is in Newell and alot of my family worked there. Sorry-ot, but growing up we all took it for granted. It makes me sad to see the depressed state wv. has become. I keep popping in hoping something has developed! I was hoping that at the WVU game last night they would announce her name and situation. My hope for little A is waning. :(

Fiestaware goes high at auctions around here. I have sold a lot of fenton too.

I just can't stand the though of her being found in a landfill. I'm glad they have already searched. Thanks

No, I don't know if they have, just hoping it has been considered as a place of evidence and has been secured at least.

SmoothOperator, thanks for the Marshall welcome. LOL, we definitely bleed green around here.

JeanneC, I love all of the glassware made in WV too. I only live about 15 minutes from the Blenko factory. Needless to say, my curio cabinets are filled to the max with Blenko. Along with the Pilgrim, Fenton, and Viking and Rainbow glass. I'll keep collecting it until I run out of room for any more curio cabinets, lol.

Southern Ohio and W VA have been known for glass and pottery for years. In Ohio Roseville Pottery, McCoy Pottery, Hand thrown pottery and ceramics. NC pottery too.

I worked for Tom Clark painting at one time. Tom Clark Gnomes. Loved it. I do stained glass work now. So you can see my love for pottery and glass!

Hiya Janeumayer! The reason the garbage bags are all unopened and intact as you correctly noted that LE would have gone thru the garbage bags from the home.. But actually LE is the one's who bagged the garbage that you see in the pic! Yes, that's right.. All of those large, black garbage bags that you see the garbage that fills them came from inside that tiny home.. LE opened a window of the house and literally had to throw all of the garbage that the home was loaded with, out of the home, through a window, and then bagged the mountain of trash into the black garbage bags in the pic..

This trash removal done by LE had to be done before they could even effectively search the home..

OK so that's even worse! Thanks for clarifying that for me :)

SmoothOperator, thanks for the Marshall welcome. LOL, we definitely bleed green around here.

JeanneC, I love all of the glassware made in WV too. I only live about 15 minutes from the Blenko factory. Needless to say, my curio cabinets are filled to the max with Blenko. Along with the Pilgrim, Fenton, and Viking and Rainbow glass. I'll keep collecting it until I run out of room for any more curio cabinets, lol.

I know the feeling. I have one McCoy and one Blenko lamp. I had a lot of Fenton Milk Glass but a mover dropped the box off the truck and none of it survived. Can't be replaced.

I would like to think that now-aday when a cild goes missing there is immediate awareness of where the trash is going in case it needs to be searched later.....but there are a lot of things about how missing child cases are handled that leave me wondering. I applaud the boots on the ground doing the work but sometimes the transferring of jurisdiction and the timing seems to work against itself.

Oh man....I have just got on today to see if they have found her yet and read about the filthy home. You know I am a major people watcher and love nothing more than sitting in a food hall and in my head trying to work out people......I know it may be wrong and I dearly dearly would have loved to have been a sociologist as I love trying to analyze the effects of societys attitudes, govt decisions, basically society and how it effects an individual person.

Anyhow that is why I am on here, as I suspect alot of you also are, but enough about me, what I am trying to say is that I do try to not stereotype, but as soon as I heard about the filthy house...........it was like ah yeah ok here we go again....that is all I will say

I don't think there is a standard protocol for missing persons/children across the country at all. It generally takes days for LE to figure out (if at all) what sort of missing persons case they have. I doubt very much that it would be usual procedure to take expensive steps (i.e. landfill searching, halting collection, etc.) even with a child, until they feel certain the child did not wander off. I think there are so many missing people reported that it would be impossible for LE to follow the same procedures for each; every case is truly different. That is partly why (IMO) these cases are so hard for LE, they don't really have a lot of practice, experience, success, to draw from.

And as we know, after the first day or two,if still unsolved, it seems to be that much harder for them to get a handle on things...

ITA and that's all well and good but when there is little if any MSM coverage this is a way of getting info. The removal of the kids and LL hiring a lawyer was all over the rumor pages b4 it ever made it to the local news (one station, one paragraph)
Just offering the psychology of why people follow the pages .. but YES I'm glad we can't infect WS with the rumors. (Although sometimes I really wish we could!!!) :)

There were also a whole lot of rumors that were not true and just created chaos. And that is why it is not allowed. It is impossible to tell what is truth from what is fiction.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member