Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable.

If this is true (that the house was packed full of garbage) why wouldn't the children have been placed in care right away, instead of a week later?
Although I believe LE was amiss and did not secure the home until Tuesday or so, surely they did a basic search before then and would have seen the trash?

Do we know that the trash was just thrown in that room or could it have been in trash bags in a room and LE went through it and put it in black bags?

I don't guess any of us know for certain exactly where in the house the garbage was but with their having to get the garbage out of the home(wherever it was in the home)before they could do an effective search of the home..

That IMO doesn't sound like garbage that is tidily bagged and tied up, set in a room til they figured out where they would dump it, burn it, etc.. But jmo..

I feel so bad about our little Aliayah. I am just afraid that she won’t be found and in another week she will be off the radar and just get forgotten. So sad.

It seems as tho the removal Of the children was done within 24hrs of the garbage being unloaded by LE out the window and into the black bags we've seen pictured.. That was done on Thursday and Friday evening is when the children were officially removed from the mom's custody.. So that makes sense to me.. LE finding, digging thru, and unloading from the house the garbage on Thursday.. I would imagine it was Friday when the paperwork and necessary protocol was followed for the children to then be removed that same day, Friday evening..

Taking someone's kids away from them can be a complicated, long process that sometimes doesn't even occur when there are hints of danger. I can see why it took a week or so to get the children away if the only true sign of neglect was a trash-filled home especially since the family has been living somewhere else for part of that time.
No, it isn't a perfect system by any means, but the timing makes sense to me. I do still wonder if LE knows a lot more than us and are basically waiting for the babies to be born before moving forward. It is a precarious situation in a lot of ways. Still ultimately hoping that she sold or gave Aliayah away. I know that sounds awful, but she would be alive and cared for under that scenario. I doubt the Mom would have reported anything if that was true though :(

It seems as tho the removal Of the children was done within 24hrs of the garbage being unloaded by LE out the window and into the black bags we've seen pictured.. That was done on Thursday and Friday evening is when the children were officially removed from the mom's custody.. So that makes sense to me.. LE finding, digging thru, and unloading from the house the garbage on Thursday.. I would imagine it was Friday when the paperwork and necessary protocol was followed for the children to then be removed that same day, Friday evening..

But what DOESN'T make is sense is why the house was not searched on Saturday of last week, that is like Missing Child 101 to check the home thoroughly, while also seeking any signs of a crime. So the trash should have been seen and removed long ago, IMO.

That sounds like the Latisha Frazier case out of D.C..

I know that landfills are horrendous. Finding a body there, even when LE knows the general grid area of the landfill where the bodies may be is almost impossible. I'm thinking of Lori hacking's case and the case of Abby and Jennifer Blagg. In the Blagg case, it took them 16 days of searching a specific grid. They found the mom but never little Abby and they gave up trying to find her. (However the search was 7 months after they went missing so it's miraculous that either was found at all).

In Lori's case, they searched a specific grid for 33 days before finding her and were surprised that they did. A law officer stated that landfill searches are historically unsuccessful: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134233,00.html And I would think that the more time that passes, the harder it will be as more trash gets added.

But I think they need a reason to think a body might be there. In missing child cases, a male suspect is probably more likely to place a child in a landfill than a female suspect. Women tend to pick watery areas instead. In any event, LE could start by finding all dumpsters along Lena's route the day Aliayah went missing and tracing those dumpsters to specific grids in the landfill. I don't know.

Respectfully snipped.

Yes, it was Latisha's case I was thinking of... what a horrific case. :(

Thank you for the additional information gitana1. Your posts are always most informative. Since we don't know exactly when Aliayah went missing, as it hasn't been confirmed when she was actually last seen, I'd think the routes along step dads route and wherever they may have been the evening before (if that is not rumor) could be considered/checked too.

I'm not even sure it's been determined if it is a male or female perp in this case, (if there is a perp) since both a male and female adult lived in the home. It's not as if step dad didn't have access to the vehicle Lena ran out of gas with overnight prior to the day she was reported missing.

jmo

Day Eight: Search fo Aliayah Continues; Investigators "Not Ruling Out Anything"

Sunday marked day eight of the search for three year-old Aliayah Lunsford, and police say the search is still being considered a rescue mission.

Investigators say the cold weather and rain caused them to scale back their search efforts over the weekend, using mostly law enforcement based search teams. They say the search will resume on Monday in the same place that they left off at on Friday.

The Appalachian Search and Rescue Team is set to be back out as well.

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...inues-investigators-qnot-ruling-out-anythingq

Oh, mtnlife! As a social worker it breaks my heart to hear of situations like Aubrey's. Yes, there are many areas in our country where CPS and DHS agencies are understaffed, underpaid, overworked, burned out and worn out. And yes, there are even people I encounter that I have to wonder why they ever chose this line of work. Not that it helps your situation, but take heart and know that for every one of the "bad" ones, I know dozens of "good" ones. But they quickly get snatched up by other entities that can give them decent working conditions and a decent living wage. It is my sincere prayer that your Aubrey only gets the "good" ones from now on. Hugs, mytee

Thank you mytee. It is my sincere prayer that my Aubrey never has to be that position again. We have full custody of her now, so unless for some strange reason my son would decide to give 2 hoots in h3ll about her, I'd say we'll be able to see that her needs are met and most of her wants ;-)

If this is true (that the house was packed full of garbage) why wouldn't the children have been placed in care right away, instead of a week later?
Although I believe LE was amiss and did not secure the home until Tuesday or so, surely they did a basic search before then and would have seen the trash?

What we were told while trying to get Aubrey in a safe place (they didn't even have running water) "There's dirty kids that grow up fine everyday" And because they had 2 milk jugs of water in amongst the mess, they were ok on not having any running.:banghead:

Thank you mytee. It is my sincere prayer that my Aubrey never has to be that position again. We have full custody of her now, so unless for some strange reason my son would decide to give 2 hoots in h3ll about her, I'd say we'll be able to see that her needs are met and most of her wants ;-)

God Bless you! She is exactly where she needs to be. Give her a big hug and a kiss from me.

True, there have been some cases brought without finding the victim, but not many involving children. There are always, it seems, too many possible scenarios with a child, especially if no sign of a crime scene. I think that is what it comes down to in many cases. I have reviewed every case on the infamous "no body" website and most of them seem to have had some form of a crime scene, or at the least, prior violence against the victim.

BBM true. No body, no crime scene, not going to meet that burden of without a reasonable doubt. That seems to be the case with not only the cases I've reviewed at the infamous "no body" website, but also in at least one thread here at WS,- involving a child from TN and from various MSM news articles.

Respectfully snipped.

Yes, it was Latisha's case I was thinking of... what a horrific case. :(

Thank you for the additional information gitana1. Your posts are always most informative. Since we don't know exactly when Aliayah went missing, as it hasn't been confirmed when she was actually last seen, I'd think the routes along step dads route and wherever they may have been the evening before (if that is not rumor) could be considered/checked too.

I'm not even sure it's been determined if it is a male or female perp in this case, (if there is a perp) since both a male and female adult lived in the home. It's not as if step dad didn't have access to the vehicle Lena ran out of gas with overnight prior to the day she was reported missing.

jmo

Yeah, I have no clue if anyone in Aliayah's family is involved. I don't know what occurred. But, apparently, they have part of Lena's route that morning from video surveillance so they do have some starting points. I don't know that they have the same info re step-dad. It would be great if they did!

Updated: 9:07 PM Oct 2, 2011

NEW INFO: Weather Affects Search for Missing 3-Year-Old Girl
Weather conditions and time are working against crews in the search for a missing 3-year-old girl.
Posted: 6:22 PM Oct 2, 2011
Reporter: WSAZ News Staff; The Associated Press
Email Address: news@wsaz.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 10/02/11 @ 5:30 p.m.
LEWIS COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Weather conditions and time are working against crews in the search for a missing 3-year-old girl.

Aliayah Lunsford disappeared from her home in Lewis County, West Virginia more than a week ago.

FBI agents say the wet weather yesterday definitely put a damper on the search efforts.

If in fact Aliayah did wander off, the chances of survival are diminishing as crews make their way into the eighth day of the search.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Search_Continues_for_Missing_3-year-old_WVa_Girl__130568983.html

Good points. I'm not sure what to make of those bags, or what exactly they contain. Is the family planning on returning to the home? I've seen people move out of homes and leave a ton of things they don't wish to move with them. ETA: Which would mean those bags might be full of junk rather than trash IYKWIM.

Would LE remove the children due to trash? Just saying I've watched many a family on A&E Hoarders and kids are still in the home. We're talking floor to ceiling trash that required dozens of trucks.

In this house I see about 15 large trash bags. Yes, that's a lot -- but enough to warrant removing the children?

I think there might be another reason.

MOOO

Mel

Would LE remove the children due to trash? Just saying I've watched many a family on A&E Hoarders and kids are still in the home. We're talking floor to ceiling trash that required dozens of trucks.

In this house I see about 15 large trash bags. Yes, that's a lot -- but enough to warrant removing the children?

I think there might be another reason.

MOOO

Mel

Not in this county they won't.

Respectfully, back to the discussion on the 'trash'. This was reported from a local, correct and not MSM, and nothing from LE in MSM.

This family just moved into this home about a month ago, IIRC, and that too, iirc, was reported by a local.

IMO, it is possible these bags outside were filled with childrens clothing, plush stuffed animals, blankets, towels, sheets. IOW, things that they moved that didn't necessarily need to be moved in boxes, but could have been carried/transported easily in black trash liners for moving.

We really don't know. At least until it is reported via MSM/LE.

jmvho

Also, from personally knowing home owners where a brutal crime occured in the home, I know LE did not clean up for them after processing the home. They were left to hire painters and clean up what was a horrific mess. Other family who posts here who have unsolved crimes say the same. (Terry and Darlene Anderson case in the CC forum).

These people were left to clean up horrific messes which no one would wish to see. Leaving me to have a hard time believing the LE played merry maids in order to process the house. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

jmo

Yes we understand. One of the most serious violations of trust is when a page be it forum, blog or FB reports that a child has been found with complete details and it turns out to be so totally false. That is a huge :nono: anywhere you post. That rumor made it to our forum. We under no circumstances allow a post like that unless it is verified by LE or a member of the mainstream media. We will not under any circumstances ever allow those types of posts come here unless verified. It is a serious violation of our TOS.

There were several other rumors which were proven to be totally false also.

Unfortunately we can't allow those FB pages. Someone in another country could be posting that garbage and claiming to be a local. There is no way to verify anything on those pages. And it doesn't help anyone to have rumor being spread in a missing child case.

xoxoxo

ITA . That's why I say I'm glad we can't infect the WS threads with these rumors YET sometimes I wish we could. It's human nature. I was expressing the PSYCHOLOGY behind the want to bring the news here (we all want to share when we think we know something) but specifically stated I'm glad it is NOT brought here so I hope my post was not taken in any other way than that and I hope No ONE deciphered it differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor