WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because the person claims to be a family member (and he very well could be who he says he is) does not mean he is. That is one reason we are not allowed to drag all that sort of muck onto Websleuths. Too hard to verify any of it.

Sounds like a free for all on alot of those pages and I, for one, am glad we don't have to contend with it muddying up the waters here.

I'm curious to know if there is any survelliance at the transfer station, and if the garbage trucks have GPS. Of course I am also curious how close SD's work or commute to work is in relation to the transfer station, as well as if the 2-2.5 hours of mom driving around looking for Aliayah included any driving near the transfer station.

For those who do not have local trash pick up, are they able to bring their trash to a dump themselves? If so, where is that located? I know some communities give residents the option of trash pick up or taking it to the dump themselves.

http://www.state.wv.us/swmb/Admn/Maps/ActiveFacilities.html

Trying to figure out where it goes Cubby.

The two primary SW companies operating in WV seem to be Allied and WMI. I know most of their trucks have the automated route systems on board their trucks (GPS). Is it the case here, not sure.

My guess would be that the trash goes to Harrison County?

Thank you! This has been a very hard case to keep up with concerning the info. Your posts have been very helpful!

Do you know if the river has flooded over that dam since Aliayah has been missing?
Water is always flowing over that one. I'll see if I can find out what they are for, but I probably can't do it until tomorrow.

290px-West_Fork_River_Weston.jpg

West Fork River

Three miles (5 km) south of Weston, the river is dammed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to form Stonewall Jackson Lake. The project was authorized by the federal Flood Control Act of 1966 for flood control, improvement of water quality and water supply, improvement of habitat for fish and wildlife, hydropower, and recreation.[12] Construction of the dam was delayed by the opposition of local residents[3] and began in the mid-1980s at an ultimate cost of $208 million;[12] it became fully operational in 1988.[13] The dam is 95 feet (29 m) tall and forms a 2,650-acre (1,070 ha) lake, with a larger capacity during periods of flood.[12] Land along the lake is leased as a wildlife management area[14] and Stonewall Jackson Lake State Park.[15]

290px-USACE_Stonewall_Jackson_Lake_and_Dam.jpg

West Fork River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Water is always flowing over that one. I'll see if I can find out what they are for, but I probably can't do it until tomorrow.
I imagine they are check dams of some kind. They use them to make a pool of water usually so they can draw that water off for something.

Just because the person claims to be a family member (and he very well could be who he says he is) does not mean he is. That is one reason we are not allowed to drag all that sort of muck onto Websleuths. Too hard to verify any of it.

Sounds like a free for all on alot of those pages and I, for one, am glad we don't have to contend with it muddying up the waters here.

ITA and that's all well and good but when there is little if any MSM coverage this is a way of getting info. The removal of the kids and LL hiring a lawyer was all over the rumor pages b4 it ever made it to the local news (one station, one paragraph)
Just offering the psychology of why people follow the pages .. but YES I'm glad we can't infect WS with the rumors. (Although sometimes I really wish we could!!!) :)

Wenc, what do they make at the glass plant?
Glassware like glasses, vases, etc. There aren't any in Weston anymore. A lot of them in WV closed. There is still one in Jane Lew.

I think it is possible that the trash was all in a laundry room or at the back door in bags waiting for someone to take it to the road or trash container. With LL being pregnant I'm sure with that size bags (assuming this was already bagged trash) it wouldn't be something she should be picking up.

moo

Just thought about one thing: those could not have been their trash bags cause LE would have opened them to look for evidence or Aliayah herself. MOO

Wenc, what do they make at the glass plant?

West Virginia is known for its glass. Fenton Glass if located in W VA and the Museum of American Glass is located in Weston, W Va. At one time Weston had glass blowing by some very prominent artists and companies.
Blenko Glass has its studios and Gallery in W Va.

I've been to Fenton Glass and to the museum. I loved it! The milk glass made at Fenton has been known world wide for years. I own one Blenko Lamp. Beautiful!

They do bus tours to these places. Worth the drive! I stopped on my way to other places further north. Left in the middle of the night so I could see them.

Glassware like glasses, vases, etc. There aren't any in Weston anymore. A lot of them in WV closed. There is still one in Jane Lew.

Is the Glass museum still there and the antique shops? You have broken my heart! I know Blenko Lamp is gone and their lamps are now worth a fortune! Do you know if Fenton Glass is still there? Their Milk Glass is beautiful!

Monday morning, all the local news channels update their web pages with info from over the weekend. Maybe they'll have more info. I don't have TV, so I don't know if anything has been updated on their broadcasts over the weekend.

Dr Fessell, I have some peices of wv glass, very old, one is a beautiful blue vase. I grew up above Wheeling wv and I was an artist for Brook glass. Decorative lamps, votive candle holder, vases, all hand painted. There used to be several glass factories along the ohio river. Oglebay makes blown glass ornaments etc.

Kind of sad that a missing toddler doesn't warrant a higher payroll by the press for a few days, or weeks...

I know where a couple of the landfills are in Harrison. There is one on 19 north and another past the Meadowbrook Mall. I am pretty sure there are more, that's just the ones I have been past. Certain sites take certain types of garbage. I think the name for the one in Harrison County is Wast Management of WV.

I know where a couple of the landfills are in Harrison. There is one on 19 north and another past the Meadowbrook Mall. I am pretty sure there are more, that's just the ones I have been past. Certain sites take certain types of garbage. I think the name for the one in Harrison County is Wast Management of WV.

Thanks wenc. Maybe you could inquire as to whether there have been any searches there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo