WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omigoodness! That's a lot of trash! ...could it be so much just because of the number of people living there? (No snark or condescension intended!! I really have no frame of reference since I live alone with my cat now... and even growing up with my parents and brother, we were very into not keeping trash or compost in the house.) TY for the photo. It's interesting that they asked people not to bother it.

I was thinking the same thing. But, my lordy seems like a lot for one room considering they only lived there a month. How did they have room to LIVE in the room? JMO :sick:

I cannot say the lack of photos is telling on its own. My poor youngest, we have several years (very rough financial years) where we have almost no photos of him save those taken by relatives at family gatherings and holidays. Nor does my youngest even have a baby book. It pains me to admit that his arrival was a surprise and we were so focused on keeping a roof over all our heads, we were not taking photos and memorializing each developmental marker.

That said, in combinations with other known facts, the lack of photos becomes a bit worrisome. The lack of photos alone, maybe nothing. Along with other facts, when taken as a whole, is beginning to paint a picture that is concerning.

One possibility would be the lack of photos indicate the lack of custody.

I was thinking the same thing. But, my lordy seems like a lot for one room considering they only lived there a month. How did they have room to LIVE in the room? JMO :sick:

IKR? Hard enough to live in such cramped quarters with that many people. Some can manage it but it is more difficult, tempers flare more easily when you are literally living on top of one another, add to that the garbage, the lack of them being seen by neighbors, mom and dad's rather colorful history of run ins with LE and it is beginning to paint a rather sad picture of life for the Lunsford children.

One possibility would be the lack of photos indicate the lack of custody.

True but she did turn 3 in July someone should have taken a picture.There are pics of the 2 older kids on their FB page so someone has a camera.

CPS never publishes their reason for taking children unless it's horrific abuse & word gets out. I am aware of that fact.

If I remember right, the children were taken late in the evening on Friday. That takes getting a social worker to go out 'after hours'. I thought they did that (late at night, on weekends..) when the child is in immiment danger. I know it was necessary, but.. I thought maybe it would take getting a judge to sign off..and they felt it was necessary to take them out right there and then.. I guess what I am wondering is..it was more than unsanitary conditions. They felt they were in danger right there and then.

(Just thinking outloud)

If I remember right, the children were taken late in the evening on Friday. That takes getting a social worker to go out 'after hours'. I thought they did that (late at night, on weekends..) when the child is in immiment danger. I know it was necessary, but.. I thought maybe it would take getting a judge to sign off..and they felt it was necessary to take them out right there and then.. I guess what I am wondering is..it was more than unsanitary conditions. They felt they were in danger right there and then.

(Just thinking outloud)

I would think yes, but it was probably 1 of a number of factors. Feistygurl said she took the trash pictures Thursday and I am sure LE was in the house previous to the search with questioning and so on. I do find it interesting she got a lawyer on Friday, yet the kids were taken around or after 9 Friday night. I wouldn't thing HDDR or whoever would give heads up? If she did get a lawyer earlier that day, would he have suggested it? I can't see though. I have nooo experience in this area.

(Just thinking outloud)

Imminent danger would be the operative word in my small part of the world to have the children removed outside of normal daytime hours for social workers. Otherwise the children would have been left and removed on Monday. IMO there had to have been evidence of clear and imminent danger for them to be removed Friday night. All my opinion only. Hopefully the children have been placed in a well prepped home and have had a normal weekend for children their age. Well as normal as can be considering they are probably worried about thier 3 year old sister.

Is there any chance that there was an anticipated arrest planned for the weekend and that was why they needed to remove the children?

True but she did turn 3 in July someone should have taken a picture.There are pics of the 2 older kids on their FB page so someone has a camera.

Like everyone else, the lack of pictures confuses me. I mean, even the cheapie phones have cameras on them. Unless they have the really cheap ones that are given to welfare recipients. But, SOMEONE in that family (just aunts and uncles) has a camera phone. Or, cheapie disposable camera .

Another thing: With my oldest child, I did the entire baby book, took tons of pics, saved hair from every hair cut, etc.. Once my daughter came, I still took alot of pics, but wasnt as dedicated to her babybook, etc. So, considering Aliayah came along, she was fourth.. ... you know.

But, my goodness. You couldn't even pick up something that even remotely looks like a camera bag without my daughter saying, " Mile Mommy. Mile! (said mile, instead of smile) Of course... my daughter was a ham, not like the shy child that Aliayah is. (Still is a ham.. a radio dj..was a performer growing up)

Anyway.. I am rambling.. lack of pics is confusing.

Bemused and confused by the importance being given, at various points above, to the alleged lack of family pictures. Aliayah can be identified readily, I would think, by the first photo released. That's what is important, not attempting to assess psychologically a family based upon an apparent lack of photographs.

With the lack of official news/breaks in this case, every tiny piece of information is being given extreme attention wfgodot. We've seen it on other threads. Human nature, given our generally nosy/sleuthy natures, with very little to go on, we will tend to over analyse the few knowns.

Hoping for some sort of actual news soon to give us all something else to focus on.

Bemused and confused by the importance being given, at various points above, to the alleged lack of family pictures. Aliayah can be identified readily, I would think, by the first photo released. That's what is important, not attempting to assess psychologically a family based upon an apparent lack of photographs.

The released photo is 10 mos old. Children at that age grow and change during a 10 month period.

With the lack of official news/breaks in this case, every tiny piece of information is being given extreme attention wfgodot. We've seen it on other threads. Human nature, given our generally nosy/sleuthy natures, with very little to go on, we will tend to over analyse the few knowns.

Hoping for some sort of actual news soon to give us all something else to focus on.

True tlcox, and I don't mind information being worried over; but we don't know if the family has many, few, or no pictures - this is not information, it's strictly conjecture. And to make something of nothing will in the end be productive of nothing.

True tlcox, and I don't mind information being worried over; but we don't know if the family has many, few, or no pictures - this is not information, it's strictly conjecture. And to make something of nothing will in the end be productive of nothing.

I apologize for my post. I thought it was okay to simply think outloud. I only wondered. Not trying to analyze Lena or her family... just thinking outloud.

I will ponder in my head instead.

I apologize for my post. I thought it was okay to simply think outloud. I only wondered. Not trying to analyze Lena or her family... just thinking outloud.

Cometsmom, my post wasn't directed only to you. It's developed into a theme here over the last many threads that number of photographs or lack thereof is somehow indicative of what happened (whatever has happened), and I just don't think it a viable way of sleuthing. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. My intent was to question the whole issue and I happened to post it below one of yours.

It is very important because in those many months childs change can be dramatic. I would think locals who knew her could tell but what if she is beyond the area?Looks way different how could we the public know it is her if she has changed and in 10 months the change can be substantial. I can not remember seeing a 10 month gap in time on a missing child's photo,except those that were
horribly abused and murdered by caregivers.So IMO it is a very important part of this case.

my housework is not going to do itself. I feel like I want to hang on this thread all day, hoping for something new to discuss, but maybe like a watched pot, it won't boil til I leave and focus on something else that will benefit from my attention.

Will check back in later in hopes of some new break, new development.

I believe its ok to think out loud. That's part of the process. I do it too. I also question the lack of pics in a 10few month span. It also fits into the other odd behavior of those that surround her. My lack of professional pics diminished with each child but not the snap shots. These are only my opinions nothing factual. OT im glad to be here on WS

If anything, this case and thread has made me realize just how blessed my family was in some ways. Having only one year old picture be the most recent picture in existence of a child would be literally unfathomable in my family. Everyone-family and friends-have a cheap cell camera or disposable camera or cheap digital. It seems like the family was struggling in multiple ways which I guess makes sense-a ton of children that young would be difficult to manage financially and otherwise and pictures were probably not really a concern. That by itself does not indicate guilt of anything though.

I do not agree that she would necessarily be readily identifiable from a nearly year old picture though. I wish I could post pictures of my nephews in the same time frame-they change SO fast at that age. Especially at that age they can go from looking like a baby/toddler to looking like a little adult in just a few months. I mean, I am sure she isn't a completely different person now, but it is one of the things that bugs me. I have a bad feeling that it doesn't really matter either way though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth