WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a CBS article about why some children get more attention than others and it had this quote:

In Aliayah's case, it seems pretty obvious that a family member(s) were involved. I think the case would be getting more attention if LE came out and said that an intruder had kidnapped Aliayah from her bedroom. However, then I think about cases like JonBenet and Caylee that got massive attention even though it was suspected from the start that family members were involved.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011...ain20118068.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

I do believe that Mark Klass and his organization had offered to help search, but the family has to "invite" them. Obviously, they weren't invited. Very sad :(

I have been thinking a lot about Aliayah and all the other missing children on this forum. I have come to the sad conclusion that IF a child is "disposed of" in a manner where it is close to impossible to ever find him/her, that any one can get away with murder.
When these children are written off after a couple of weeks of searching, like Aliayah, what kind of message do you think that sends to predators? It tells them that as long as they do the job "right" that children are disposable. It also sends a message to parents that life is not all that valuable, and if the child is causing you any amount of grief, then "get rid of it!"
I am not a parent, but yet these facts are OBVIOUS to me. People, it is going to get much worse as time goes on. Look at countries like India or China, where they kill newborn girls. Will the US someday follow suit?

I am thoroughly DISGUSTED at the way children can "disappear" at a parent's WHIM!!!!

There was a CBS article about why some children get more attention than others and it had this quote:

In Aliayah's case, it seems pretty obvious that a family member(s) were involved. I think the case would be getting more attention if LE came out and said that an intruder had kidnapped Aliayah from her bedroom. However, then I think about cases like JonBenet and Caylee that got massive attention even though it was suspected from the start that family members were involved.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011...ain20118068.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

True but Jon Benet and Cayless were from upper or middle class backgrounds for one, which coincides with what the media thinks their audience consists of, IMO. And Jon Benet had the Christmas angle, while Casey had the whole not reported missing thing. So they were both sensational in their own ways.

I have been thinking a lot about Aliayah and all the other missing children on this forum. I have come to the sad conclusion that IF a child is "disposed of" in a manner where it is close to impossible to ever find him/her, that any one can get away with murder.
When these children are written off after a couple of weeks of searching, like Aliayah, what kind of message do you think that sends to predators? It tells them that as long as they do the job "right" that children are disposable. It also sends a message to parents that life is not all that valuable, and if the child is causing you any amount of grief, then "get rid of it!"
I am not a parent, but yet these facts are OBVIOUS to me. People, it is going to get much worse as time goes on. Look at countries like India or China, where they kill newborn girls. Will the US someday follow suit?

I am thoroughly DISGUSTED at the way children can "disappear" at a parent's WHIM!!!!

Well, it is not just children...plenty of women are never found, and men too...anyone who can find a great place to leave a body can feasibly get away with murder, if they don't leave behind a crime scene.

Hi there--
I may have been a little harsh with him. I hope that everyone knows that it is just the frustration for Aliayah, and the fact that it seems that we care MORE for this child than her family does. I grew up in a "suburb-but as an adult I myself have moved to a county that is VERY much like "Aliayah's" where "family secrets" are best swept under the rug. Don't get me wrong, I love my little "home" and friends, but it is NOTHING like I knew growing up. And you are absolutely right, the citizens DO have a right to know about the investigation---!! I have always said-there are FEW things I am willing to go to jail for---a case like this would have to be on the list!

Truth is -we are not as "free" as we think we are!!

I am not religious, but the only response I can think of to your great post is Amen...

True but Jon Benet and Cayless were from upper or middle class backgrounds for one, which coincides with what the media thinks their audience consists of, IMO. And Jon Benet had the Christmas angle, while Casey had the whole not reported missing thing. So they were both sensational in their own ways.

I didn't follow either of those cases very closely, but weren't their families out there talking and actively pounding the pavement and being seen?

If you can't get anything out of a child's own family... if nobody close to the child is doing anything, it seems like it would be hard to keep it in the media.

Am I the only one who's not impressed by that editorial?

So LE didn't let the media into the armory and church. So what? The story's not there. And the story's not in endless statements and press conferences from LE. Those rarely tell us anything beyond 'we're still looking, following up on tips, working hard behind the scenes...' anyway. The story is elsewhere, and good reporters and editors would know that and go find it. Instead of whining about not being allowed to mingle with the crowds in a couple of buildings, or complaining because LE isn't handing you an easy story to write, go find the real story.

The one part of the editorial I agree with is the peculiar way the national media picks one case like this to focus on and virtually ignores the rest of them. It's wrong, but I'm not sure how to fix it. But I can't blame the families in the less important (according to the media) stories completely for that; in fact, I don't like to blame the families at all until I know there's a reason to. I do blame local media, though, because they could write decent stories that get picked up elsewhere and keep interest up in a case. But that's not going to happen if their concept of journalism is that you have nothing to write if LE doesn't hand you anything. Get going and get a story. Do your part to find this little girl.

I doubt if there's much of a story outside the immediate family, she is just a baby... 3 years old. She didn't go to school, she wasn't bullied, she couldn't have been into drugs, she wasn't a runaway, there was no jealous boyfriend, she has no history beyond her immediate family. So where is the story supposed to start, if the family won't talk, and LE basically tells them to back off, move along... there's nothing to see here. And I doubt if there are any real investigative reporters with the small local papers, just guessing.
I don't understand why there's no media coverage, but the LE seems to not be too interested in the case, and that's very strange to me.
God help this child, I hope she is found soon!

Well, it is not just children...plenty of women are never found, and men too...anyone who can find a great place to leave a body can feasibly get away with murder, if they don't leave behind a crime scene.

You are absolutely right. I suppose it is that children in particular that strike a chord with me, with them being so trusting and helpless against predators. It is a sad world this has become.

I've heard people say before that it is a more punishable crime to kill an adult than a child. That an adult is a valued member of society, with a job and maybe other people to support. It think it is such an upside-down view point. Children have ALL the potential and they are robbed of it the most.
Adults can make stupid decisions- who they let into their lives, what they choose to do. Children are vulnerable and defenseless. They rely on the choices of others. They should never be forgotten and we need to be their voice.

That would be awesome if a local attorney could be made Aliayah's legal guardian.

No support from the local stations - why would LE say that they would be sued if they investigate the family. Sounds to me like somebody has LE on a short leash here which does not bode well for finding Aliayah.

BBM
Could that statement have been misunderstood. LE said they (meaning the news media) could be sued for investigating the family? I don't think LE can be sued during an active investigation. What would they be sued for?

moo

I didn't follow either of those cases very closely, but weren't their families out there talking and actively pounding the pavement and being seen?

If you can't get anything out of a child's own family... if nobody close to the child is doing anything, it seems like it would be hard to keep it in the media.

In JonBenet's case, her parents did an interview with CNN on January 1, 1997. The pageant videos were released on January 2 or 3. John and Patsy didn't speak to the media again until a press conference in either March or May 1997. I think the pageant videos were controversial enough, plus the one interview with CNN which made people suspect her wealthy parents, for the media to still cover the case. LE did speak to the media in that 3-5 month span. Her parents have spoken to the media many times over the years, but I don't think they've ever been begging for coverage as the case has many sensational factors that the media loves.

I think that in Caylee's case, George and Cindy made themselves available to the media early on, and were doing many interviews from the start. But I didn't follow that case that closely, so I'm not sure.

People always talk about how parents of missing children need to be very active and do everything possible for the media to cover their child's case so he or she can be found, but in those two highly-publicized cases, the parents weren't seen as grieving but as suspicious. So it's like, you'll get more attention if you're making a plea, but it looks like you're crying fake tears.

My sentiments exactly, JeannieC!!... I mean Come on, this right here is a story to delve into and report on!! I mean damn! If this was stated, threatened, or even alluded to I would absolutely be using my most valuable resource(speaking as if I were in the media and intimidations such as this were swarming around this precious child's disappearance).. That most valuable resource being my access thru the media to the public to blow this bs right out of the water!!! It's angering to think that this type tactic could be going on to prohibit finding Aliayah And the guilty facing their consequences!! Ohhhh!! It burns me up!!

Hence exactly why if these type intimidation tactics are taking place that I would be reporting my azz off on those making such blatant or even veiled threats of seeking and filing suit against any entity or individual who dared to dig and report the facts that obviously "some" are EXTREMELY FOCUSED ON HIDING, KEEPING BURIED, AND NOT BEING BROUGHT TO THE LIGHT OF DAY!!!!

This would light a fire under my azz as a local reporting on Aliayah and I, for one would not stand for a moment of their bullying and threatening intimidations to keep their possible unsavory and criminal dirty little secrets that they want kept buried!! This would only make me fight harder for Aliayah and against those who are making such blatant or veiled threats of lawsuits!! Dream on, ALL GUILTY PARTIES RESPONSIBLE FOR ALIAYAH NO LONGER BEING HERE!!! The truth will prevail and your evil, darkness doesn't stand a chance of staying hidden.. IT ALL AND YOU ALL WILL BE BROUGHT TO THE LIGHT OF DAY!!! AND YOU WILL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!!

Moo.. Moo.. And more MOO!!!!

I do believe that Mark Klass and his organization had offered to help search, but the family has to "invite" them. Obviously, they weren't invited. Very sad :(

Why would any family not want all of the assistance that they could get?

For some reason, LE seems very cowed by A's mother's lawsuit against the jail in whatever county she is suing. That, plus fear of being blamed for stress if the babies are not born safely.

My sentiments exactly, JeannieC!!... I mean Come on, this right here is a story to delve into and report on!! I mean damn! If this was stated, threatened, or even alluded to I would absolutely be using my most valuable resource(speaking as if I were in the media and intimidations such as this were swarming around this precious child's disappearance).. That most valuable resource being my access thru the media to the public to blow this bs right out of the water!!! It's angering to think that this type tactic could be going on to prohibit finding Aliayah And the guilty facing their consequences!! Ohhhh!! It burns me up!!

Hence exactly why if these type intimidation tactics are taking place that I would be reporting my azz off on those making such blatant or even veiled threats of seeking and filing suit against any entity or individual who dared to dig and report the facts that obviously "some" are EXTREMELY FOCUSED ON HIDING, KEEPING BURIED, AND NOT BEING BROUGHT TO THE LIGHT OF DAY!!!!

This would light a fire under my azz as a local reporting on Aliayah and I, for one would not stand for a moment of their bullying and threatening intimidations to keep their possible unsavory and criminal dirty little secrets that they want kept buried!! This would only make me fight harder for Aliayah and against those who are making such blatant or veiled threats of lawsuits!! Dream on, ALL GUILTY PARTIES RESPONSIBLE FOR ALIAYAH NO LONGER BEING HERE!!! The truth will prevail and your evil, darkness doesn't stand a chance of staying hidden.. IT ALL AND YOU ALL WILL BE BROUGHT TO THE LIGHT OF DAY!!! AND YOU WILL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!!

Moo.. Moo.. And more MOO!!!!

Very well stated!

Why would any family not want all of the assistance that they could get?

Because they are responsible for Aliayah's disappearance ...

As a local said; family went MIA (duck & cover) when the investigation and daily searches were going on. Once the command center closed, searches ceased and investigating agencies all went back to their respective offices, they came scurrying back out.

What does that say about Lena Lunsford as a Mother?

For some reason, LE seems very cowed by A's mother's lawsuit against the jail in whatever county she is suing. That, plus fear of being blamed for stress if the babies are not born safely.

Maybe Local LE is cowed, but the FBI shouldn't give a flying fig!!!!

Maybe Local LE is cowed, but the FBI shouldn't give a flying fig!!!!

I might be wrong but I believe this case will be solved. LE might be waiting until the twins are born. Lena will crack under pressure. I really believe that.

She is the weakest link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member