Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know what's going on locally:

LL was just seen yesterday, and she is still pregnant.

Two FB groups have now degenerated into the admins making jokes about Aliayah being found. When members ask if there are any updates, they are ridiculed, stating that there are more important matters to discuss rather than Aliayah's disappearance.

There is a concerned effort against any petition that would be used to help change laws here within WV.

My conclusion...the majority here in WV do NOT care about children's rights.
Oh my dear God, westinlund this is so very upsetting to hear and to know!! You and your wife are such good people and it certainly seems the same cannot be said of those around you(not speaking of all).. But there certainly seems to be a break down of literal humanity for there to actually be a Concerned effort AGAINST ANY PETITION ATTEMPTING TO BETTER THE LAWS!?!?! this, to me is extremely disheartening!! And so concerning!! Is it telling of where our furture as a society is headed?!? IMO, yes it is!!

Please, please let us continue to reach out to the media outlets(thanks again to CJMAJOR for the addys) the more of us that continue to repeatedly contact these media outlets with encouragement to keep Aliayah in the forefront.. Well, the better chance of us ever finding her and/or finding out who is responsible for what has been done to her!!! Most of us know that when a missing person drops off being in the media that the case does seem to just fall by the wayside!! I am convinced moreso than ever that media attention IS INFACT VITAL TO THESE CASES BEING SOLVED!!!!

For me it has been proven and I see what huge importance and a literal determining factor it is whether a case receives continued media attention or not.. Please let's all keep contacting these media outlets and any other vein that we can find that will help in keeping attention on ALIAYAH!!! and tho, some may not agree but I have found that no matter how, and what bs or incidentals are being reported on in and around her case, her family, etc.. IT DOES NOT MATTER.. AS LONG AS IT'S KEEPING ALIAYAH NAME OUT THERE IN THE MEDIA/PUBLIC!! this may sound ridiculous or untrue to some but I've seen it and it's been proven to me that is what works best, period..

Westinlund, thanks for keeping us in the know with local info both good and bad.. And may God bless you, your wife and y'alls loved one's for fighting against what seems to be unpopular to most of your community.. By attempting to improve the laws to help better protect the young and defenseless who cannot help themselves!! Thank you!!

Looks like the mods putting the nix on those FB pages and their flotsam floating over this direction was a really good decision. I don't want any association with those pages or them to us here.

:shakehead: Unbelievable. The very pages created out of supposed concern for a little 3 year old girl have digressed into joking about it and home remedies for flea treatment.

I got a suggestion for em - quit laying down with dogs. you don't get nearly as many fleas. :angel:

Hoping all our emails will get some sort of response or prompt someone to maybe follow up on this case. I mean how busy can a news day be in the Weston area that a missing 3 year old doesn't rate a follow up FGS?

IMO For whatever reason people fear RL and that's why there's nobody coming forward. I see he's probably has a bad reputation in town but I for one would speak up. What could he do to me from behind bars? Or why not witness protection? I just wish babyA got the coverage baby Lisa is getting. Although thankfully baby Lisa is getting the attention. One less missing child is awesome. I pray they're both found safe and alive!

The local Kansas City press is giving Lisa's case a lot of attention even though the metro area has a population 2 million people, and there are a lot of news stories happening. Aliayah lives in a county of 16,000 people, with the nearest big city of Morgantown (pop. 30k an hour away) so I don't understand what else could be happening where they have to completely drop the case.

I just have a feeling that everything is in a holding pattern until the twins are born. That is a shame.

I keep hoping that I will log on and there has been news that really matters on little Aliayah. She has to be found!

As for little Aliayah's sad, sad look on her face - it is real. Look at the eyebrow ridge. It is a frown as if this baby is in pain. Her eyes are sad beyond her years,

Aliayah is in my prayers as are the other children and the unborn twins!

I don't understand, why would everything be in a holding pattern until the twins are born? If that is the deterrant to searching for this missing little girl, it makes no sense. If you mean they are waiting until the twins are born to arrest the mother, that wouldn't matter in most jurisdictions. My stepdaughter was arrested when she was 2 weeks away from having her daughter. Her hubby filed assault charges on her, this was in another state. I was livid when I found it out, but my son who is in LE told me that they don't care, if they have a reason to arrest somebody, pregnancy wouldn't stop them. They will send them to the hospital under guard, if necessary.
I really don't understand this AT ALL! There is a little girl out there who needs to be found... what difference does it make if her mother is 9 months pregnant?!! Sheesh......

Looks like the mods putting the nix on those FB pages and their flotsam floating over this direction was a really good decision. I don't want any association with those pages or them to us here.

:shakehead: Unbelievable. The very pages created out of supposed concern for a little 3 year old girl have digressed into joking about it and home remedies for flea treatment.

I got a suggestion for em - quit laying down with dogs. you don't get nearly as many fleas. :angel:

Hoping all our emails will get some sort of response or prompt someone to maybe follow up on this case. I mean how busy can a news day be in the Weston area that a missing 3 year old doesn't rate a follow up FGS?

I was considering checking the pages out, but now I'm glad I decided against it. It would probably just make me mad. I woke up with a knot in my stomach that I've been fighting all day, so I probably don't want to add anger to that. Aghhhhhh.:maddening:

http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=108621
WBOY in this video claims Lena was in labor on the 28th. I wish to God they would say if it was false labor or what!! It actually fits in the timeline that her chldren were taken on Friday-about the same time she would have gotten out of the hospital. I wonder if they would answer an email about this-? ***sighs

Apparently the little girl DID just disappear. Whether she disappeared on her own or somebody took her is still unknown.

Sad that there is no coverage but what can they do if there are no details released? It might come as a shock to some, but not everyone is that "into" missing persons cases. Some people are more interested in other news, and if your editor assigns you to other stories, that's what you write. There is simply not the space or time to cover every missing child in the country. And if the family is not pushing for coverage and out there making statements and LE is tight lipped and not disclosing anything, the media backs off. They really don't have much choice.

As far as NG goes, she covers other crimes... not just missing children. However, she works for CNN, and HLN is completely focused on the Conrad Murray trial... she cannot let that go, since she's a former prosecutor, she's got to get her two cents in, too. I would go so far as to say that there are just as many people wrapped up in that trial as there are ones who follow missing persons cases, if not more. Just a guess. A lot of people stayed focused on Casey's trial and admittedly didn't follow the other cases much, some of the threads had very few posts, some had none for several days at a time. So how can we blame the media or the rest of the public when OUR attention seems to waver at times?

Sometimes when things get really quiet it is because LE is waiting for someone to screw up. Make a dumb move. Or they have evidence but now they are trying to put it all together in order to build a case. I hate it that there isn't any news but eventually I think this case is going to be solved.

Apparently the little girl DID just disappear. Whether she disappeared on her own or somebody took her is still unknown.

Sad that there is no coverage but what can they do if there are no details released? It might come as a shock to some, but not everyone is that "into" missing persons cases. Some people are more interested in other news, and if your editor assigns you to other stories, that's what you write. There is simply not the space or time to cover every missing child in the country. And if the family is not pushing for coverage and out there making statements and LE is tight lipped and not disclosing anything, the media backs off. They really don't have much choice.

As far as NG goes, she covers other crimes... not just missing children. However, she works for CNN, and HLN is completely focused on the Conrad Murray trial... she cannot let that go, since she's a former prosecutor, she's got to get her two cents in, too. I would go so far as to say that there are just as many people wrapped up in that trial as there are ones who follow missing persons cases, if not more. Just a guess. A lot of people stayed focused on Casey's trial and admittedly didn't follow the other cases much, some of the threads had very few posts, some had none for several days at a time. So how can we blame the media or the rest of the public when OUR attention seems to waver at times?

I've noticed here on WS that the thread on MJ's trial usually has less than 50 people on it at any given time, while during Casey's trial there would be 1000-1500, or more. So I think there is a big drop-off in interest between the two, if WS is a part of the real world...JMO. I also think NG can choose her own topics, JMO.

Sometimes when things get really quiet it is because LE is waiting for someone to screw up. Make a dumb move. Or they have evidence but now they are trying to put it all together in order to build a case. I hate it that there isn't any news but eventually I think this case is going to be solved.

I really hope you are right. I wish I could be that optimistic. I guess because of the "who" involved in this I have my doubts. I'm praying!

Looks like the mods putting the nix on those FB pages and their flotsam floating over this direction was a really good decision. I don't want any association with those pages or them to us here.:shakehead: Unbelievable. The very pages created out of supposed concern for a little 3 year old girl have digressed into joking about it and home remedies for flea treatment.

BBM. Me too :( I quickly de-friended 2 pages when I realized the focus was off of baby A. Shame on them.

I feel baby A has been swept under the carpet way too quickly. I can't figure it out, or what on earth is going on in WV.

Hugs,

Mel

I just have a feeling that everything is in a holding pattern until the twins are born. That is a shame.

I keep hoping that I will log on and there has been news that really matters on little Aliayah. She has to be found!

As for little Aliayah's sad, sad look on her face - it is real. Look at the eyebrow ridge. It is a frown as if this baby is in pain. Her eyes are sad beyond her years,

Aliayah is in my prayers as are the other children and the unborn twins!

I think Marc Klaas summed it up for me.

Kidnapping is local and times are tough. Law enforcement will investigate as long as tips come in and the investigation moves forward. But, unless the public demands their full attention they will drift off to other cases and other crimes. If the parents of the missing child are not front and center on the local television screen recruiting public support, the fragile coalition of trust that includes law enforcement, media, the public and the family can crumble like a house of cards.

At this time the focus is on little Lisa Irwin, and Baby A has been pushed to the wayside. Heck, she was never in the spotlight anyway as her parents couldn't be bothered to make a simple plea for her return.

What's another missing child, eh? Do we add Aliyah to the list which includes Hailey, Kyron, Gabriel, Hasani, and more...

Source: http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/

I notice a lot of the FB pages created for a missing child end up veering off course...sometimes to other cases, so that the child is lost among other cases. Not to say that any attention to another missing child is bad, but I hate seeing any one child get lost on a page set up for them. They kind of turn into general missing persons pages...and then go off from there...

But as the poster above mentioned it really is up to the family to keep the story in the news; LE usually has their reasons to keep quiet; what reasons can a family have to stay quiet?

Do you think that the media is also ignoring Aliayah's case because of a lack of pictures of her? I can't see spending much time on a case where there's only two pictures of the victim.

Aliayah, baby girl, you have not been forgotten! There will be justice in your name; I just have a feeling that this is one that will get solved and those guilty of the crime that took you away will pay!!! You have captured my heart and there are so many here that are praying for a miracle that you are safe. Keep Hope Alive!!!

Aliayah, I just stopped by to see if there is any news. I haven't forgotten you either. I hope that where ever you are - you are safe. I too believe that it will not be long until those that disappeared you are brought to justice. Hold tight little one.

I've noticed here on WS that the thread on MJ's trial usually has less than 50 people on it at any given time, while during Casey's trial there would be 1000-1500, or more. So I think there is a big drop-off in interest between the two, if WS is a part of the real world...JMO. I also think NG can choose her own topics, JMO.

Probably true, but the MJ threads move pretty fast, I guess because everybody has to comment on the testimony.
Yes, NG can choose her own topics, but what I meant was, she's not going to let the opportunity to expound on her vast legal knowledge slip by, while everybody else gets a shot at it. JVM is spouting off all day, and she is not even a lawyer, but she gives her opinions on legal issues anyway. Well, we all do, but you know what I mean. :crazy:

I agree, and sometimes they just don't have anything they can talk about, either the evidence they do have hasn't been analyzed or it's something they are not allowed to disclose just yet. Some LE are just more tight-lipped, could be the dynamics of the case itself.
It may also be that they need to find the body before they make any moves to arrest someone. It's really difficult to prove a case of a murdered child without the proof that they're dead. When there's even a slight chance that she was kidnapped and is still alive, they are not going to charge someone with murder.
I would like to hold out hope that she is alive somewhere, even if the chances are slim. So sad!

I hate to see this little girl joining the ranks of the (mostly) forgotten missing children
Hayleigh Cummins
Hasani Campbell
Kyron Horman
and on
and on
and on........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online