WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, Aliayah.... where are you honey? This is taking way too long... I worry about you every day, and I have never even met you.... just rest assured, little angel, that although your biological family failed you miserably, you are indeed VERY MUCH LOVED....

WHERE IS ALIAYAH????? :(

The FBI command post has moved from the State Police barracks in Weston to the Midway Volunteer Fire Department in Vadis, WV. Vadis is located to the NW of Linn, WV, where RL's stepfather owns property. The CP has been there for almost 24 hours, and this was verified by the fire dispatcher at the station.

According to locals in the area, at least two ponds were dragged and cadaver dogs are being used in the search of the area.

No news again in the Weston Democrat about Aliayah, but she was mentioned in the editorial column (http://www.westondemocrat.com/editorial column.html).

Also, I would like to say to those who think the local media has forgotten about little Aliayah Lunsford. None of us can forget just like the rest of you.
Personally, I wake up many times at 3 in the morning wondering where she is and how could she just disappear.
If you read between the lines of the stories that have been written, you would know that law enforcement has an idea or maybe they know what has happened to Aliayah. They have to gather the evidence and not divulge too much to give those who had something to do with her disappearance information on what they know.
There is a child's life at stake here and no one in the media wants to be responsible for being the cause of ruining the case.
I know it is frustrating to not hear something about Aliayah every day and it is equally frustrating for the media too, but we have to let law enforcement do their job and bring those to justice who are responsible.

No news again in the Weston Democrat about Aliayah, but she was mentioned in the editorial column (http://www.westondemocrat.com/editorial column.html).

Also, I would like to say to those who think the local media has forgotten about little Aliayah Lunsford. None of us can forget just like the rest of you.
Personally, I wake up many times at 3 in the morning wondering where she is and how could she just disappear.
If you read between the lines of the stories that have been written, you would know that law enforcement has an idea or maybe they know what has happened to Aliayah. They have to gather the evidence and not divulge too much to give those who had something to do with her disappearance information on what they know.
There is a child's life at stake here and no one in the media wants to be responsible for being the cause of ruining the case.
I know it is frustrating to not hear something about Aliayah every day and it is equally frustrating for the media too, but we have to let law enforcement do their job and bring those to justice who are responsible.
I pray you are right.

The FBI command post has moved from the State Police barracks in Weston to the Midway Volunteer Fire Department in Vadis, WV. Vadis is located to the NW of Linn, WV, where RL's stepfather owns property. The CP has been there for almost 24 hours, and this was verified by the fire dispatcher at the station.

According to locals in the area, at least two ponds were dragged and cadaver dogs are being used in the search of the area.

This does not sound good for Aliayah. Isn't that property in Gilmer County? Have we been told who Aliayah was spending the night with when she got sick? I pray it wasn't RL's stepfather.

So they are searching in Vadis? or in Linn where RL's stepfather owns land?

Vadis is approximately 16 miles west of Weston.

Thanks for the info Westinlund! Does anybody know if WV GIS information is available online to check land ownership? I can't seem to find it.

Lewis county scanner seems to be back online. Seems to be just the fire depts.

I wonder if they put it back once the FBI command post moved?

This does not sound good for Aliayah. Isn't that property in Gilmer County? Have we been told who Aliayah was spending the night with when she got sick? I pray it wasn't RL's stepfather.

I must have missed something? Aliayah was staying the night with someone when she got sick?? Do you mean the night before she disappeared?

I've been a very vocal critic of the lack of attention given to the Aliayah case, and I will certainly eat humble pie if all my wrath proves to be misplaced. For now, I still think that more attention could/should have been paid to this case in the media, particularly in the very earliest stages. As always, just my :twocents: worth and in this case I hope I am proven wrong.

I wonder why the move, and why so far? Is there evidence somewhere to believe Aliayah may be in the Vadis area?

Extended family lives in that area. It's not that far away, especially if you know the back roads around here. I know you can take Copley Road, which is about 4 or 5 miles past Bendale down Hwy 19 and come out near Camden. A lot of remote areas out that way too. Other communities/towns in that area are Alum Bridge, Linn, Copley, Churchville. If you check prior addresses and arrests in news stories, you can probably find a few of them mentioned.

I've been a very vocal critic of the lack of attention given to the Aliayah case, and I will certainly eat humble pie if all my wrath proves to be misplaced. For now, I still think that more attention could/should have been paid to this case in the media, particularly in the very earliest stages. As always, just my :twocents: worth and in this case I hope I am proven wrong.

I agree totally. I still think they could mention her, even if just to say there are no updates, to keep her name out there and let us know that they care. I don't see how that could hamper the investigation any. They didn't have anything about the balloon launch on the online version, don't know if it was in the print version or not.

The area where they are supposedly searching is in Lewis County and maybe Doddridge County where it connects to Lewis.

The RSO stepfather?

oh crud, wrong thread :( gimme a minute to fix, lol. so much for quick posting from werk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3