WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The following is my opinion and doesn't reflect on statements made by locals here over the past month:

What if LE told the parents that the FBI would be taking over the investigation and will want more photographs of Aliayah?

And what if the remainder of Aliayah's photos shows her with various bruising and injuries?

If that were true, what if the parents then spent the next two days collecting those photos and destroying them before LE took control of the house?

Sure is a lot to think about...

On one of the facebook pages, a family member attended the balloon release, so family was there.

She is saying, it was her impression that the FBI did not want family speaking out in the media. She called the FBI today and was told they could speak and that they would be doing so shortly. GOOD!!!!!!!!!

An aunt, uncle and several cousins were present at the launch. They were visibly upset about Aliayah's disappearance, but kept their composure. I could almost understand what they were going through.

The balloon launch showed how much our community cares about its' members. Our County Commissioner, State Representative and others mingled with the crowd, offering both their sympathies and thanks for attending the event.

It was a very touching and emotional event. I hope that this will be the beginning to bring Aliayah back home.

That would be dwelling on the past. They have made it clear to people here in Weston that they "want to go on with their lives".

Looks into my crystal ball for LL-------Honey, your future as I see it -will be spending at LEAST the next five years for selling your "SNAP" benefits.

And then that leaves us with little Aliayah, when the FBI finds out what happened to her, and believe me honey, they will....you might enjoy your "new home" for MANY more years....

jmo of course...I wonder how many times she sold her childrens benefits so that she could have...:

The following is my opinion and doesn't reflect on statements made by locals here over the past month:

What if LE told the parents that the FBI would be taking over the investigation and will want more photographs of Aliayah?

And what if the remainder of Aliayah's photos shows her with various bruising and injuries?

If that were true, what if the parents then spent the next two days collecting those photos and destroying them before LE took control of the house?

Sure is a lot to think about...

That sweet Angel, what the hell happened to her?

Always thinking of you Aliayah. Always hoping to see your smiling face...

I have sent emails to 1/2 of the television stations that have newsrooms in the eastern U.S., including telephone numbers, links to the story, contact names, etc. To date, I have received only ONE reply.

Face it, to the media, Aliayah is not in the same category as baby Lisa.

I think the difference in media coverage between Lisa and Aliayah comes down to marketing. The Irwin family can be marketed as the average middle class family who lives next door to you. In reality, the family dynamics don't seem to be much better than the Lunsfords. There are a lot of cases where people think the victim is wealthy, when they are really middle class, or think the victim is middle class when they are really working class, due to marketing. Other examples would be in the Samantha Runnion case; the media always said that her neighborhood was extremely safe and family-friendly but I've read posts from locals who say that there was a lot of crime there, and in the Anthony case, Casey was a young, white, thin woman who loved to party so she could be marketed as sexy/hot. It's not what you are but what the media can "sell" you as to the public.

Good morning, little Aliayah... I pray every single day that you will be found.... We are always thinking of you, and although your so-called family appears to have deserted you, your WS family will NOT give up until you are found...

LL --- WHERE IS ALIAYAH??????? :( :( :(

eileenhawkeye has really put a point on what I've felt all along is one of the major reasons behind the lack of nationwide attention for Aliayah's case. In contrast to the Caylee Anthonys and Lisa Erwins,who evidently were from solid middle-class socio-economic backgrounds, Aliayah was part of an underclass of impoverishment and criminal activity. I absolutely believe this is one reason why Aliayah's case does not have the interest generated by some of the other missing girl stories in recent times. Other missing persons cases from West Virginia have also been virtually ignored over the past years by the national media. Very very infuriating and sad.:maddening:

I wonder if Lena and Ralph at least watched the balloon launch from a distance? How could you ignore something like that?

Thinking of aliayah :rose:

I wouldn't care what the community was saying about me.. if I was a mother with a lost child I would want to be there AND release the first balloons...
UNLESS of course, my conscience weighed heavily because I knew what had happened to her!!
UGH.. I hope something gives soon in this case..

I have sent emails to 1/2 of the television stations that have newsrooms in the eastern U.S., including telephone numbers, links to the story, contact names, etc. To date, I have received only ONE reply.

Westinlund, Thank You for taking the time to help Aliayah. She is not, because her parents want this to go away. We can't give up.

Can you post some contacts so that I or others can also email them with the information?

TIA, Jane

eileenhawkeye has really put a point on what I've felt all along is one of the major reasons behind the lack of nationwide attention for Aliayah's case. In contrast to the Caylee Anthonys and Lisa Erwins,who evidently were from solid middle-class socio-economic backgrounds, Aliayah was part of an underclass of impoverishment and criminal activity. I absolutely believe this is one reason why Aliayah's case does not have the interest generated by some of the other missing girl stories in recent times. Other missing persons cases from West Virginia have also been virtually ignored over the past years by the national media. Very very infuriating and sad.:maddening:

It seems like the only time the National media shows an interest in WV is when there has been a coal mining disaster :confused:

It seems like the only time the National media shows an interest in WV is when there has been a coal mining disaster :confused:

I agree Shadow. I have really been thinking about this!! Would it make a difference if little Aliayah had a voice? A parent, or grandparent or SOMEONE that took up her cause and demanded that they pay attention? As heartbreaking as it is that Aliayah isn't getting national attention, it is even more heartbreaking to know that NOT ONE single relative will shout to the hills that this little girl was LOVED!?!!?

Thank you, Westinlund!! Thank you for doing what many of us here wish that we could do. I am so happy that Aliayah has you there to advocate for her-you will be blessed beyone measure for your most unselfish acts!

I don't like that LE brought the divers back to the river.

IF a body was is the river would it still be in the same location? It seems like the current, rain, and a month would move a body down river say to Clarksburg. Unless it is weighted down which of course proves homicide.

Unless it was weighted down or hung up on something, a body would have most likely surfaced long before now. Maybe the diving is a good sign in that they are taking a second look and making sure they have everything they need before they solve this. We have no idea what they have or do not have until they decide it is time to tell us.

I wish they would call in a group like necrosearch to help find Aliayah.

NecroSearch International is a volunteer multidisciplinary team dedicated to assisting law enforcement in the location of clandestine graves and the recovery of evidence (including human remains) from those graves.
The NecroSearch mission is to assist law enforcement agencies by providing applied research, training, and on-site investigations. NecroSearch scientists and investigators work on a volunteer basis.

http://www.necrosearch.com/

or possibly TES.

http://texasequusearch.org/

I know equipment exists to search under water. I wish we knew if LE was utilizing this equipment in the search for Aliayah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3