WV WV - Cassie Shelton Sheetz, 23, hiker, Spruce Knob, Monongahela National Forest, 11 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You could be right there, carbuff. The question is, since the two guys have 'lawyered up' .. what is the next step in finding exactly what happened?

Hoping for a breakthrough.

Good question. I'm not sure what else they could do except publicize her poster and information more widely, probably outside the immediate area.

Family plans another search of Spruce Knob for missing woman - WV MetroNews

This Sunday, friends and concerned residents plan to organize a search in the area of the Huckleberry Trail and the 274 Trail Head at Spruce Knob. Those are the last places the two companions of Cassie claimed to have seen her. Their stories to State Police have been suspicious, particularly to Shelton.

“I know my daughter. She would have never ventured off by herself. She is afraid of the dark. She’s also so loving and kind she would have never left a friend if she thought they were hurt,” she explained.

The two men, one a former boyfriend of Cassie, say they became separated after hearing a noise and then one of them fell. None of it added up to Shelton who has spoken with both men and isn’t satisfied they are revealing all they know. Nevertheless, State Police have followed all leads and nearly all of those leads have dried up.

Troopers have searched the area repeatedly with cadaver dogs, aerial searches, and foot patrols. There has been no sign of her.

“My motherly instinct tells me she’s not up there. I don’t think she’s there,” said Shelton.

But she’s going along with the search because it gets the case back into the media and it gives those who are concerned something to do. Many want to help, but don’t know how.

Flyer from Truckers Missing Child Project

On March 11, 2021, 24-year-old Cassie Sheetz went missing near Spruce Knob in Pendleton County, West Virginia. Cassie supposedly disappeared after she went hiking with two male friends, James Brill II and Grant Sager. According to Grant and James, the group of hikers became separated from each other late Thursday night or early Friday morning, around midnight. The two men supposedly found their way out of the trail, but Cassie did not.

Attachments

• cassie sheetz.jpg
    cassie sheetz.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 38
Justy been reading this due to the Aware foundation's posting of the volunteer search for October 3rd, really hope they find some answers for her poor family and friends

Family plans another search of Spruce Knob for missing woman - WV MetroNews

This Sunday, friends and concerned residents plan to organize a search in the area of the Huckleberry Trail and the 274 Trail Head at Spruce Knob. Those are the last places the two companions of Cassie claimed to have seen her. Their stories to State Police have been suspicious, particularly to Shelton.

“I know my daughter. She would have never ventured off by herself. She is afraid of the dark. She’s also so loving and kind she would have never left a friend if she thought they were hurt,” she explained.

The two men, one a former boyfriend of Cassie, say they became separated after hearing a noise and then one of them fell. None of it added up to Shelton who has spoken with both men and isn’t satisfied they are revealing all they know. Nevertheless, State Police have followed all leads and nearly all of those leads have dried up.

Troopers have searched the area repeatedly with cadaver dogs, aerial searches, and foot patrols. There has been no sign of her.

“My motherly instinct tells me she’s not up there. I don’t think she’s there,” said Shelton.

But she’s going along with the search because it gets the case back into the media and it gives those who are concerned something to do. Many want to help, but don’t know how.

How heartbreaking for Cassie's Mom :(

Wonder what her thoughts are, if any, on what happened and where she might be? Would local LE be receptive to TEQ coming in to help?

Nothing in MSM. Very sad. The last update from June basically said the cops could no longer talk to the men that came out of the woods because they lawyered up. I mean, come on.
Were the two guys ever named here?

I can’t get past these 2 that were there. And getting the lawyers to remain silent makes it even more sketchy. If this is a “friend”, they should be walking every inch of that mountain looking for her.

From PI Kevin Rya, who helped with Cassandra Johnston and Dianna Brice cases:

“‘I’ve developed two other places of search, but I need to get the information together and get everything packaged up before we put boots on the ground. It’s easy just to put boots on the ground, start searching and you come up with nothing. I don’t want to do that,” he said.

Ryan hopes to get enough information together to bring a search party to the area before the end of the year. While he primarily works alone, he said he will be able to put together a search party of 200-300 people.”

Eight months later, family of Cassie Sheetz still searching for answers

Sadly, I don't think Cassie is alive.
I think she died in the night she was up in the mountains with these two men.

Despite the dogs not finding a scent, I still think she is up there somewhere.

As the winter approaches, the weather there won't be ideal searching conditions, and I wonder how much more they'll be able to do before spring comes.

I eventually think she'll be found, in a few years time, by a hiker or hunter.

DEC 27, 2021
Family of missing West Virginia mom still searching for answers nearly 10 months after her disappearance (nbcnews.com)
[...]

Cassie’s mother, Arlene, says she wonders if Cassie was even on the mountain when she disappeared. She added that Cassie wasn’t a hiker, and while it wasn’t unusual for non-hikers to go for a walk on the trails to hang out, it wasn’t an easy hike.

“There are supposedly pictures of Cassie up there that day, with the spruces,” Arlene told Dateline. “But there are spruce trees everywhere here in West Virginia. It could have been anywhere.”

She added that she believes it’s strange that nothing of Cassie’s has been found. Her cell phone, which she only used over Wi-Fi, was last used at a friend’s house earlier that day, her mom said.

Sergeant Teter told Dateline that investigators have seen the photos and believe they were taken at Spruce Knob on the day she was last seen. He confirmed that Cassie’s cell phone was only used over Wi-Fi and they were not able to track it.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l