WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a copy of emails that I have been exchanging with Dave Benton from WSAZ. He is covering the story on Huntington's NBC (WSAZ). You can go to their website and view videos.

Dave: If the back door was open, that's new to me. However, I did confirm her car door was slightly open. Yes, Leah's sister said the apartment door was locked. Let's hope and pray she comes home safely!!! (On Nancy Grace the sister said that the home door was open.)
-Dave

Me:Thank you very much. You have answered my questions. I feel much better know that I know that HPD is working it and the FBI. I am watching it on Nancy Grace now. They are stating that the back door was open. You report her car door was open. I have also heard that the apartment door was locked. Could you help me sort this one out and I will leave you alone. Thank you for answering my questions and being on top of this story. You are doing a great job!!!!

Dave: Thanks for the e-mail. Tonight @ six we aired a new development. her car door was found opened soon after she disappeared. We got more info. out of the sister with clothing she might be wearing. As far as police. they give us what they know. and that's not much at this point. There are a couple leads, but for obvious reasons they can't disclose details, just in case it would hamper the investigation. I call the police 3 times a day to check on updates. They have four investigating officers on the case, F.B.I., State Police & other surrounding departments helping out. I understand your frustration. we all feel it. but I think keeping the girl in your thoughts and prayers is all we can do. and of course keep an eye out for her.

Take Care,

-Dave Benton

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is gonna be a press conference at 9:00. Go to WSAZ they are doing a live feed now!!!

Reporter is saying they dont know what is going on but that there were told that it is not good news. Presser at 9 local time at the police dept.

I just saw the crime scene van..otherwise lots of police in uniform and not in uniform. One of the uniforms is holding a plastic bag and it looks like a videotape showing at the bottom of the bag. Watching this bag get loaded into the crime scene vehicle.

The reporter is saying that the entire area is blocked off and that several LE agencies are on scene. That's about it until the presser.

BREAKING NEWS

State Police and investigators rushed to Hickman’s apartment in Huntington Friday night. Police say there's been a major development in the case but are not saying what it is.

Police have taped off a large area around Hickman's apartment. We have a crew on the scene and will update this story as new information becomes available.

Stay tuned to WSAZ NewsChannel 3 and wsaz.com for the latest on this developing situation.

http://www.wsaz.com/

Chico, thank you!

On my live feed, I don't hear anything?

A couple times the reporter stepped up to the camera and gave updates....otherwise it was just barely audible noise from the scene. He was done a few minutes ago and said that there would be more at the presser and on the newscast.

Rebel, I've always gotten the impression that the sis doesn't care or she is going out of her way to downplay Leah's disappearance.

oh dear did you hear him say it wasnt good news???? I am gonna cry.

The reporter said that someone (LE) told him that it wasn't good news. I don't think it was meant that it is bad news just not good news, like Leah being found safe and sound. That's the way I took it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper