WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her poor family. Her Step-dad and brothers, although military tough guys, were more broke up about Leah's disappearance than her step-sis. I hope the sis is not involved. She just seemed so cold compared to the rest of the family. I know, I know, it's not fair to judge someone under pressure. And it could just as likely be someone else familiar with the building.

Where did you see this?? Got a video clip? I have not seen this case on national tv in the past few days. I didn't even see the update about her body being found.

awwww thanks that makes me feel better..
You know they would have had to hide the body somewhere in the building because so many houses in that area somebody would have seen them trying to take the body somewhere else. Like that man that said he dont know why he didnt see something because he sits on his porch all the time..makes me think that who ever did this was in the building. IMO

That's a good point about him not seeing anything.

Thank God for nosy neighbors! I wonder where the Stacy Peterson case would be if she didn't have some neighbors that saw certain things!

Thanks for the update, bnhall.

That's a good point about him not seeing anything.

Thank God for nosy neighbors! I wonder where the Stacy Peterson case would be if she didn't have some neighbors that saw certain things!

Thanks for the update, bnhall.

It almost makes you wonder if Stacy isnt close to the house. I mean they totally missed everything in this case even with the dogs... police, dogs, and family member had been thru the laundry area...

could someone please post the videos or transcripts of the sisters interview? i cant find them.

Lionheart- I loved your poem. Don't let one person ruin the beautiful thoughts that you have for Leah's family. I can not imagine the pain they are going through right now. To lose a loved one this way, especially this time of year. Everyone needs to send a blessed thought to them and Leah.

Go to the WSAZ webpage. You can videos there. As for Nancy Grace and Greta I recorded the shows. You may be able to find the transcripts on their webpages.

By the way, to the smart mouth that posted nasty comments, go to another blog/thread if you have offensive things to say. We don't want to hear it!!!

im sorry but what is that page? i havent been up to date with my ws readings...sorry:waitasec:

I have kept up my reading here...but please help me recall why we think she was doing laundry? Was there evidence somewhere? I did see the picture of the laundry basket in her car and also read that her bags were packed which makes me think she maybe had all the clothes she needed to take to her Mom's.

(FIRST POST)

If it took as long as it did to a) remove the body and now b) identify her, I am wondering if there was something very unusual about the body's condition. I would think that by now they could at least have confirmed that this was Leah by now since they removed the body at 1 p.m. Saturday, according to the local paper. That could also account for why LE didn't find it on the first "sweep" of the laundry room... Just a thought!

Lionheart- I loved your poem. Don't let one person ruin the beautiful thoughts that you have for Leah's family. I can not imagine the pain they are going through right now. To lose a loved one this way, especially this time of year. Everyone needs to send a blessed thought to them and Leah.

Thank you for your kind words. One person could never ruin my faith;)

I have kept up my reading here...but please help me recall why we think she was doing laundry? Was there evidence somewhere? I did see the picture of the laundry basket in her car and also read that her bags were packed which makes me think she maybe had all the clothes she needed to take to her Mom's.

I would have to go back and find it but I think her sister said she was going to do laundry.

(FIRST POST)

If it took as long as it did to a) remove the body and now b) identify her, I am wondering if there was something very unusual about the body's condition. I would think that by now they could at least have confirmed that this was Leah by now since they removed the body at 1 p.m. Saturday, according to the local paper. That could also account for why LE didn't find it on the first "sweep" of the laundry room... Just a thought!

Welcome to WS!

(FIRST POST)

Welcome to Websleuths Jessica. I was thinking the same thing, looks like
we would have heard something by now.

Welcome, Jessica!

I thought that was weird too. Somewhere along the line I read "due to the position of the body" they couldn't i.d. her right away. Plus it was wrapped in plastic supposedly. I sure hope there's fingerprints all over that plastic and the building...

I wonder if the hole was under a rug or something? Still, you'd think LE would be moving and lifting everything.

I'm pretty sure the police officer said that it appeared she was getting ready to do laundry. I don't know if I heard her sister say that though. I do recall them showing a picture of stacked laundry in a basket, I believe, with keys on it. I believe the keys had a tag for a workout place...which got me wondering about that. Did she work out? Did someone know her from that place? I wish I could remember the name of it.

Welcome, Jessica!

I thought that was weird too. Somewhere along the line I read "due to the position of the body" they couldn't i.d. her right away. Plus it was wrapped in plastic supposedly. I sure hope there's fingerprints all over that plastic and the building...

I wonder if the hole was under a rug or something? Still, you'd think LE would be moving and lifting everything.

I'm pretty sure the police officer said that it appeared she was getting ready to do laundry. I don't know if I heard her sister say that though. I do recall them showing a picture of stacked laundry in a basket, I believe, with keys on it. I believe the keys had a tag for a workout place...which got me wondering about that. Did she work out? Did someone know her from that place? I wish I could remember the name of it.

There is a place in the phone book that lists
The gym down under.. never heard of it but it is right close to where she lived. Thats stange I am going to go by there next time I go out and see where that gym is.

(FIRST POST)

Welcome Jessica! Sorry about the "drama" this morning. It's a very unusual event at WS. Anyways, good thought. I would assume the building would be watched. But your comment makes me wonder whether her body was in the crawl space the whole time. Maybe the murderer heard Vicker's comment regarding leah doing laundry and the body was moved there then?

lionheart...didn't want you to search, just hoping someone has a better memory that I do! It might be a red flag if sister tells us she was going to do laundry, no hint of that anywhere...and yet that's where she was located. Was she wanting her to be found quickly? I'm not pointing my finger at sister...just thinking out loud.

Welcome, Jessica!

I found this snippet a minute ago saying the crawl space was adjacent to the laundry room where all tenants have access.

http://www.wvmetronews.com/index.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=22694

It sounds like a walk in crawl space where the mechanicals are located. It could be that her remains were stuffed way towards the rear and even a flashlight could not see her past the furnace etc. It could be that the area was walk in in the beginning and leveled out to pipe size passage and this is where she was stuffed.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I read that onlt 2 apartments were occupied in that building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo