GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good lord, I hope none of that is true. My heart hurt reading that.

I agree. The murder is bad enough. Hopefully that's all it is.

It was reported that her grandmother left at 7 pm and her mother returned at 10 pm, or at least went past her closed door at 10 o'clock. She was FaceTiming with her boyfriend until 10:30 and texting with a friend until midnight. Presumably they both took place at home.
She attempted a FaceTime with her boyfriend at 5:40 the next morning. No way to know if she was in her home or if that was even her since it didn't go through.
Then her mother checked her room at 7:15 the next morning, found it empty and presumed that she has gone to school.
Her grandmother went over to the school the next afternoon to check and see if she was there. I wonder if there were younger kids that she watched every afternoon after school till after dinner.

I don't know what the childcare arrangements were but I do believe there are at least 2 younger kids, from Riley's social media.

For what it's worth, this is a 100% "typical" 15 year old girls social media. I don't see anything overtly alarming. Just my normal questions of why nobody refutes the negative statements... but they just don't seem to.

LE said she had been killed in the early morning hours of May 8th, which means CO was home! CO and her mother, a county magistrate, left Riley at home, with a known drug addict criminal

If the family connections are as they appear.... it's not going to work to claim ignorance. Definitely connections available to find out this dudes background. I know plenty of single mom's just don't research at all, or think they have to "settle" for a felon... but if your mother works in the court system.... you can totally find out everything about the boyfriend.

So sad.

Can someone save me some time and tell me about this man's known criminal and drug history? Also any idea if the father was in her life and if there were family court or custody issues? Thanks.

From what's been posted in this thread, he's been arrested for burglary and auto theft in the past. He told investigators that he both purchased drugs and was injecting cocaine the day Riley was reported missing. These are the only explicit instances of criminality I've read, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure we'll see more background info in the coming weeks.

He's in his 40s, but his behavior and rap sheet read like that of a misguided teenager. Dude's a serious , moo.

From what's been posted in this thread, he's been arrested for burglary and auto theft in the past. He told investigators that he both purchased drugs and was injecting cocaine the day Riley was reported missing. These are the only explicit instances of criminality I've read, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure we'll see more background info in the coming weeks.

He's in his 40s, but his behavior and rap sheet read like that of a misguided teenager. Dude's a serious , moo.

He was mainlining cocaine. Sounds like a drug addict too.

Can someone save me some time and tell me about this man's known criminal and drug history? Also any idea if the father was in her life and if there were family court or custody issues? Thanks.
Dad was in her life. Mom called when she knew she was missing. There are interviews on msm. There was also stepmother. Not sure about the family dynamics but I personally interpreted it as ok .I have been wrong at least once before!

Well if you give us WS'rs a few minutes... Lol; jk :) :D
Let's not get too impatient here. hahaha....

It's difficult to show compassion towards this bio-mom but previous posts on this thread have shown that there was some level of comprehension going on.
In the link below, her mother spoke of Riley in the past tense while she was still 'missing'.

Andy McCauley has a criminal past.

An Google search would bring up his obviously public record of assault , burglary ,and grand theft auto, to name some of his activities.
Violent, vicious, unstable.

Mother's boyfriend is arrested for murdering missing girl, 15, after discovery of body on mountain | Daily Mail Online

It said her father Lance Crossman and stepmother Jess have been positively humbled by the outpouring of love and support to help bring Riley home safely.

Haven't been able to find out much info. on Riley's bio-dad, but from most articles it sounds like the parents had shared custody of Riley and other children.
A. McCauley may have children with his ex-girlfriend.

So it's safe to assume her real dad was in her life and he and the step mom (Jess Crossman) are true victims in this tragedy.

Riley's death was 100% preventable.

Hope that helps.

No problem. Thank you. It was a random comment. Wasn't concerned on the time or really expecting an answer. I was just in go mode trying to get info. It's an important case to me and I am just learning about it.

It's such a sad and completely preventable crime.
Things happen. Accidents, fatal illnesses, etc.
But bringing a known substance abuser into your home to mingle with your children is unacceptable.
There's no reason Riley should be dead.

Knowing now about CO's mom's occupation gave me chills. (Court Magistrate)
There's more information for people who work in the court system than for some of the rest of us.
AM's past was also available online ... and she (CO's mother) should have had a plethora of information showing what this man was and still is.

There's a possibility of alleged ignorance or willful neglect going on in this families' dynamics on their maternal side.

Haven't been able to find out more about any custody issues.
Maybe someone else here can chime in ?

From social media pictures, it appears that there are two younger boys in the home.
Where does mother's last name come from, it doesn't match RC's or AM's or her own mother's name. Is there another marriage somewhere along the line?

@LietKynes - were you the one that was going to see if you could find the next court date for this ? I haven't been able to find a "direct" link....
If you, please post - and I'll update my notes!
Following this case.

RIP Riley
I don't think a date has been set yet, pending autopsy results. He has been charged with murder but the degree (first, or manslaughter etc.) hasn't been determined. Also, additional charges stemming from the medical examiner's report could be forthcoming such as kidnapping or rape. That report was to have been out on Friday and maybe it was but not released to MSM. They actually haven't even ruled that the body is RC, although it seems to be a foregone conclusion. They need a cause and manner of death to be issued.
Nothing may happen til early next week because of the weekend. He is being held on a million dollar bond so he isn't going anywhere, thank goodness.

No problem. Thank you. It was a random comment. Wasn't concerned on the time or really expecting an answer. I was just in go mode trying to get info. It's an important case to me and I am just learning about it.
@Zach From the beginning, this case reminded me of AJ... I know this is an important case to you... thinking of you...

He's mom's boyfriend but for some reason he was sleeping on the sofa? Hmmm...I wonder why? It's typical in my opinion and knowledge that if a BF is sleeping at the woman's home he's usually sleeping in her bed, not on the sofa. So, why? It certainly gave him access to Riley if mom's room wasn't close to Riley's or he forced her to not make a sound.
JMO MOO

When my partners working late I often fall asleep on the sofa to watch tv and then go into bed later. Maybe he had a habit of this when she worked... and thus giving him more opportunities to see Riley around the house..

When my partners working late I often fall asleep on the sofa to watch tv and then go into bed later. Maybe he had a habit of this when she worked... and thus giving him more opportunities to see Riley around the house..
The thought of that boils my blood. That poor young girl never had a chance with this monster on the loose. JMO IMHO

Why didn’t we hear something like “grandmother was at the house watching the children until 7pm which is when AC arrived at mom’s place”?

Don’t know the ages of the younger siblings.

Was AC supposed to feed the children dinner, get them ready for bed?

So mom didn’t check on any of the children when she got home from work? Wouldn’t she wake AC if he was on the couch and say it’s time for bed? Something is off....JMO.

Why didn’t we hear something like “grandmother was at the house watching the children until 7pm which is when AC arrived at mom’s place”?

Don’t know the ages of the younger siblings.

Was AC supposed to feed the children dinner, get them ready for bed?

So mom didn’t check on any of the children when she got home from work? Wouldn’t she wake AC if he was on the couch and say it’s time for bed? Something is off....JMO.

Those are my thoughts as well, something doesn't add up! Add in, how did the Mom's boyfriend get a ride to the place of his employment to pick up a truck, the very truck where decomp was found, per MSM. It was also said that same truck, per MSM, was backed into the driveway at 10 Am the next morning. Where was Riley's Mom then?

I don't usually do Facebook groups but since the case was local and I thought it was a good chance for a good outcome I thought I would.As soon as I found out about mom's bf that hadn't been mentioned I knew it was bad.The woman who ran the group was phenomenal with her info even though locals were calling her a liar.She was days ahead of the arrest with the name details of searches and a timeline.The reason for all of the agencies involved is Riley's Grandfather on her dad's side is retired secret service and FBI.The Grandma who saw Riley that night let's just say she's interesting

Those are my thoughts as well, something doesn't add up! Add in, how did the Mom's boyfriend get a ride to the place of his employment to pick up a truck, the very truck where decomp was found, per MSM. It was also said that same truck, per MSM, was backed into the driveway at 10 Am the next morning. Where was Riley's Mom then?
I'm guessing home in bed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth
Back