GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you think we’ll hear how/when she was killed at the preliminary hearing tomorrow? I’m not sure what goes on at preliminary hearings.
Also, just so I’m clear, the mom, her mom (Riley’s grandmother), and AM all worked at the building/solar company together??
Riley's Grandmother the magistrate worked there also?

I’m just wondering why CO’s best friend is no longer listed as the VP or whatever she was. I can understand CO not working there anymore because of her daughter’s death, but the best friend is going to quit her job too?? Very weird. Unless the people at the company know more than we do and more charges are coming, so they wanted certain people disassociated from the business? Idk
Andy worked at Mountain View Builders owned by the same man.The companies offices had been in the building AM and CO were renting so he was their landlord also.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that as things started coming to light (drug use, employees with suspended license, criminal histories etc), the company probably started letting people go, or at least reassigning them... Because this thing blew up nationally, and looks very bad for their businesses. I am looking for a builder in Berkeley Springs, and solar too, and I wouldn't even consider them or anyone affiliated with them.
The crazy thing is they are very well respected and have won many statewide and national awards and the owner is a sought after speaker.

I live in Berkeley springs. Alot of us have it in our minds justice won't be carried out, as this county has a horrible record of brushing things under the rug and covering for people whose family's are in the right positions.

You got that right! Works like that all over the state of WV. I live in SoWV but not from WV. And, yes, those who have someone they know in a position of power, get special treatment. Sickening. Happens in other states too. Which is why cases like this need NATIONAL attention.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that as things started coming to light (drug use, employees with suspended license, criminal histories etc), the company probably started letting people go, or at least reassigning them... Because this thing blew up nationally, and looks very bad for their businesses. I am looking for a builder in Berkeley Springs, and solar too, and I wouldn't even consider them or anyone affiliated with them.

YES- I think you hit it on the head.

Wow. In order to become a mother of three children, you had to trust at least one man. See how that works? Whole lot of women and mothers themselves killing their kids out there too. We don't blame all Mom's for the one that does kill her kids. We shouldn't be blaming all step-dads or boyfriends either when one kills a kid. People kill people - blame them. Blame Mom too? Then blame an apparent entire community who has failed to clean up the drug problem you allude to in their back yard as they apparently must have missed the sign too and so they get to shoulder blame upon themselves as well IMO.

Lots of victim blaming the Mom here IMO.

Parents have to be more diligent about who they allow around their children. Any addict or violent person should be off limits until they've changed.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Parents have to be more diligent about who they allow around their children. Any addict or violent person should be off limits until they've changed.
BBM

^^^ Exactly.

I am SO TIRED of women who 'need a man' above their children's lives.
Sick of it.
There is no excuse.
Riley did not have to be murdered.
She should be alive today whilst I'm typing this.
If that sounds angry and unforgiving, then so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got that right! Works like that all over the state of WV. I live in SoWV but not from WV. And, yes, those who have someone they know in a position of power, get special treatment. Sickening. Happens in other states too. Which is why cases like this need NATIONAL attention.

I agree. I was born and raised in SoWV, but reside closer to the Capitol now. It’s “the good ole boys club”. It includes families with notoriety and/or money. It’s disgusting. I hope that doesn’t happen with this case. jmo

Thankfully, a new sheriff was elected in 2016. Prior to that the MCSD was full of generations of the same family. The were a substandard LE Agency. The new sheriff KC Bohrer, has a lot of LEv experience in larger organizations, graduated from the FBI leadership program (which is not easy) and has really made a difference in MC. I speak from experience. We were a victim of a property crime pre Bohrer, and it was handled so poorly because the LE just didn't care. Since then, we have noticed a huge difference in Berkeley Springs and Great Cacapon, in MC. They are far more active now. As a result, I am hopeful there will be no nepotism or favoritism involved in this case.

ETA
I should qualify this with the information that we live part time in MC, and live and work full-time in Los Angeles, for a major metropolitan law enforcement agency, so I am not speaking without some foundation.
In light of concerns that justice for Riley may not be attained, This information is very promising. So far from what is in MSM it seems to be well handled. But, time will tell. The recusal of the Morgan county magistrate and the calling in of the Berkely County magistrate to preside is promising.

I live in Berkeley springs. Alot of us have it in our minds justice won't be carried out, as this county has a horrible record of brushing things under the rug and covering for people whose family's are in the right positions.

Examples?

The crazy thing is they are very well respected and have won many statewide and national awards and the owner is a sought after speaker.
Your only as good as the people you sitting yourself with
In light of concerns that justice for Riley may not be attained, This information is very promising. So far from what is in MSM it seems to be well handled. But, time will tell. The recusal of the Morgan county magistrate and the calling in of the Berkely County magistrate to preside is promising.
In addition, the other local magistrate recused himself, Ms Ditto had been temp removed, they have assigned it to a third magistrate, who has no connection to the community. That keeps me hopeful. I know the community has been devastated by this murder.

The solar company looks pretty small. I’m going to guess they didn’t have full time IT to maintain the website. I bet the just never got around to updating it until they started getting calls about the mom, then said dang we should update that... and that’s the reason for the removal and addition of multiple people. JMO

The solar company looks pretty small. I’m going to guess they didn’t have full time IT to maintain the website. I bet the just never got around to updating it until they started getting calls about the mom, then said dang we should update that... and that’s the reason for the removal and addition of multiple people. JMO

Could be, however, JW, who was a manager there and CO's best friend, had on social media that she worked there. Till this week...
That is what I found strange. Did she get fired over this case or drug use? Or is it just an update, like you suggested? Don't know. Seems that this company has close ties with all of the people involved. Maybe they just did not want to be associated, for business reasons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back