GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am in 2 “finding Riley” FB groups as well. In one all discussion is being shot down; it is a prayers and informational page only and is public. The other group is very pro discussion and closed. In the latter, I thought there were several comments about being people weirded out by the boyfriend not being talked about/mentioned in MSM. I perceived the backlash in that group was from members who are confused by what type of group it is (a sleuth group as opposed to an informational group) as opposed to admin. I will pay better attention though. Obviously, I could be wrong. Many threads have been deleted recently (due to name calling and profanity by upset and confused people I spoke of).

I think the BF is someone that should be looked at too. It’s weird that he is being left out of MSM. I’m not sure we even have a name as of yet. Weird.

Also, I think the rolling backpack girl was determined to have been another student, not RC. Rolling backpack girl is regularly seen in the am going to school. According to many people commenting, not LE.
I haven't looked at all the media stories but I could swear he is mentioned (though not by name). Also, the family - or at least her mother - has a person that has the role of spokesperson and puts out information or has answered common questions. You would have to read that person's FB page for some of that but her posts have been shared by family and friends.

I haven't looked at all the media stories but I could swear he is mentioned (though not by name). Also, the family - or at least her mother - has a person that has the role of spokesperson and puts out information or has answered common questions. You would have to read that person's FB page for some of that but her posts have been shared by family and friends.
He is mentioned in a heavy dot com entry.

Both of their SM accounts are very open and easy to find. No need to mention his name here.

Search being held today for missing Morgan County, W.Va., teen
"Bohrer previously said they have conducted phone pings and social media analysis. Investigators also interviewed friends and associates. Crews with the Berkeley Springs Volunteer Fire Department and a search party of about 70 community members have also helped search the area and distribute fliers.

The Morgan County Sheriff’s Department is the lead agency; assisting partners include: the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, Berkeley and Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department, West Virginia State Police, Troop 2 Crime Scene Team, Internet Crimes Against Children Unit, Eastern Panhandle Violent Crime Task Force, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Charles Town Police Department, Berkeley Springs Police Department, West Virginia Fusion Center and many others."
That’s an interesting list of agencies that are assisting. Homeland Security, Crime Scene Team, Internet Crimes Against Children, Violent Crime Task Force.... sounds like they think this isn’t “just” a runaway teen. IMO

Last edited:
Wait a are we talking about Riley's BF or her mom's BF? Riley's BF's name is out there in several articles but I have not found any mention of mom even having a BF in MSM. Apparently there's chatter on SM but we can't discuss that here. So I'm left wondering if there was another adult in the home besides Grandma & Mom.

Hundreds of volunteers join search for missing W.Va. teen

Volunteers who gathered Wednesday at about 9 a.m. at The Pines Opportunity Center in Berkeley Springs were divided into teams to search about 16 areas in the county, including areas in and around Berkeley Springs, Great Cacapon and Sleepy Creek, Bohrer said.

Multiple K-9 units joined in. Hampshire County, W.Va., provided drones from its sheriff's department, as well as people from its office of emergency management, helping to search steep and treacherous terrain, Bohrer said.

More than 50 volunteer and area law-enforcement officers from West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania, as well as several volunteer fire departments and the Martinsburg Fire Department, participated, Bohrer said.

More than 300 volunteers and community members participate, he said.

"Several items were found, but nothing evidentiary to the case," Bohrer wrote Wednesday night in a news release.

No additional searches are planned, but Bohrer said municipal, county, state and federal law-enforcement agencies, as wall as the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and other officials, will continue investigating Riley's disappearance. The investigative team was formed May 9, Bohrer said.​

I sure hope you're right, Sharon! I've read about digital billboards in a couple of articles and I'm just concerned that it's been a week and there is no trace. It feels like the silence around this is deafening.
You're right, the silence is deafening. The search tomorrow is looming. I have followed cases for a long time. The search tomorrow may be intentional on the behalf of LE to draw out the community. More information, especially local information!
Wait a are we talking about Riley's BF or her mom's BF? Riley's BF's name is out there in several articles but I have not found any mention of mom even having a BF in MSM. Apparently there's chatter on SM but we can't discuss that here. So I'm left wondering if there was another adult in the home besides Grandma & Mom.

I feel the need to say this...Riley, if you are reading this.... If someone who has you is reading this, no matter what the scenario, it has to stop! This is beyond you and anyone else! I have a really strange feeling there are people who know what's happening, even if it's just one person, gut instinct on my part! Enough is enough and if something doesn't change quickly I'm afraid whomever is involved will be too deep to recover from this. We have the FBI involved, all forms of law enforcement, a whole town worried sick, a family being drug through the mud and soon to be a national case where you can't stop this if you started it! Give her up! Now! Put and end to this please! Bring Riley home!!!

Last edited:
I stumbled across a minor amount of chatter, too, that seemed to say the same. I am hoping the silence apart from search announcements means that the wheels are turning quickly in the background.
My BIL works in Cacapon state pk in Berkeley Springs, he said they searched there today with 2 dogs. Nothing found that he knows of. My sister said local chatter is that they need to look closer to home. MOO.

I stumbled across a minor amount of chatter, too, that seemed to say the same. I am hoping the silence apart from search announcements means that the wheels are turning quickly in the background.
The wheels are turning for sure, any information that gets us closer to the truth is definitely worth following up on.

I know we have some very tech-savvy sleuthers here; has anyone started collecting info on security cameras in the area or along her path to school?

I thought I had read in one of the many articles that scent dogs traced her to the parking lot of her high school. If that’s true, it sounds like she got in a vehicle at that point, willingly or not. Anyone know if the school has outside cameras?

And regarding the early FaceTime call to BF, my guess is that their call the night before went something like, “I won’t even get to see you tomorrow! How about I call you in the morning before you leave on your trip?”. If BF misses call and she’s already awake, maybe she got ready early and tried to meet him at school (surprise him?) while busses were loading for field trip as it sounds like she lived relatively close to school? Or could she have walked or biked to his house that morning, fearing that he would oversleep as he didn’t answer her call?

Anyone know where BF went on trip, or more specifically, if pick up time at the school was earlier than normal school hours?

From Greenway Drive to the high school, she would have had to walk across Rt. 522 and encounter a small body of water called Warm Springs Run.

Anyone local know if 522 is a large/busy road? And/or if the body of water is deep? The pics online make it look like a 5’ wide hardscaped, slow moving body of water that meanders thru the town. Is this really the case or is it faster moving? Just wondering if she fell in, possibly?

Last edited:
From Greenway Drive to the high school, she would have had to walk across Rt. 522 and encounter a small body of water called Warm Springs Run.

Anyone local know if 522 is a large/busy road? And/or if the body of water is deep? The pics online make it look like a 5’ wide hardscaped, slow moving body of water that meanders thru the town. Is this really the case or is it faster moving? Just wondering if she fell in, possibly?
522 is a two lane rd through BS. I think the speed limit is 35 max through town prob 25 in school zone during school time. From what I remember Warm Springs does meander through town but is not very deep and not terribly fast moving. In summer I used to take my kids to the park in town and they would play in it. I had very little concern That they would float off. I think she would be seen if she fell in. All parts of 522 are heavily traveled at all times if the day. Heavier during times people would head to or from work. It’s a major road to many larger towns/cities.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back