GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the Maleah Davis case, someone posted stats about males living in the home who aren’t biologically related and how abuse occurs at MUCH higher rates in these situations... really blew my mind. (Not to say some live in boyfriends and stepdads don’t make excellent parents) but it just occurs to me in any missing child situation to first and foremost make sure that the non-biological male in the household gets cleared..

I thought maybe she’d be with a love interest and worried about getting into trouble after spending a night or 2 there... but then I noticed that she has a known boyfriend who’s cooperating and last saw her via FaceTime..:confused:
yes her last known contact attempt was her trying to call her boyfriend at I believe around 5:30 Am the morning she disappeared.

RC’s BF is a minor. Mom’s BF is an adult.
From what I read the boyfriend was at school and accounted for on a field trip for the whole day, I don't believe he realized she was missing until he returned from the field trip. Also him and his family are cooperating and assisting in finding her. From what I've read from his mom the poor boy is heatbroken and has no idea why this happend or what happend.

yes her last known contact attempt was her trying to call her boyfriend at I believe around 5:30 Am the morning she disappeared.
Just for clarity, a call was made from RC’s phone to her BF’s phone @5:22am. Since the call went unanswered, it is impossible to know who actually placed the call. I know that seems like a petty point, but it might be important later.

I was talking about the adult male living in the house- not RC’s boyfriend!

Ita !
I want to know more about the mom's BF and if he was at work.
Suppose it's too early to say he needs an 'alibi' as there's no evidence that a crime was committed.
Just had some bad and possibly unwarranted vibes.

Yes, the mother's adult boyfriend. Why is he not mentioned in MSM? There must be a reason.

Good question.
At least he could be cleared.

Welcome to Websleuths, lillywonka !! :D :p :)

Just for clarity, a call was made from RC’s phone to her BF’s phone @5:22am. Since the call went unanswered, it is impossible to know who actually placed the call. I know that seems like a petty point, but it might be important later.

It's definitely not a petty point! There have been plenty of cases where cell phone calls or texts have been manipulated to throw off LE. From my understanding that call was a video call, which is definitely a huge risk to the perp if Riley didn't make that call herself. That call is also key because if Riley didn't make it, that changes the entire timeline meaning she could have gone missing anytime after her last contact with friends the night before.

Last edited:
Mom’s story to Dateline, as referenced in an earlier post, indicates to ME that the hours in question are after 10:30 pm (conclusion if verified video call with BF and before 7:15am (when mom claims she opened her door and RC was not in her room).
I’m feeling like the lack of press conferences by LE and the extensive ground search (called off hours before planned) is a big indicator that LE Has a general idea of what happened and they are now looking for physical clues or perhaps her body. The flyers are stating that she went missing from her mother’s home. To me that calls into question everyone who may have lived at or visited the mother’s house on May 7-8.

I also feel it’s a red flag that the mother has not spoken publicly since her interview with Dateline, that I am aware of. I feel like that is unusual. I’m am by no means accusing anyone in particular if anything. I’m just outlining my thoughts. Anyone else have red flags popping up or see anything unusual, or typical for that matter, in the way the case is unfolding?

Whatever was on that facetime it didn't alarm him. He went to school and his field trip.
I believe when you facetime if the person doesn't answer it just shows up as a missed call sort of thing.. I dont think it leaves any pictures or information. It's
I am assuming that LE knows, from the boyfriend, her state of mind from the contact she had with him early Wednesday morning on FaceTime. He should be able to say whether she had already left her home and where and why she was leaving. It concerns me that they have gone on to search areas around Berkeley Springs.
I don't find it odd that they are searching areas around Berkeley Springs... This area is small and its not uncommon for people to venture to other areas surrounding for any reason

I am assuming that LE knows, from the boyfriend, her state of mind from the contact she had with him early Wednesday morning on FaceTime. He should be able to say whether she had already left her home and where and why she was leaving. It concerns me that they have gone on to search areas around Berkeley Springs.
I don't believe that she actually contacted him on Wednesday morning. There was only an attempt from her phone.

This one hits close to home... That's where out second home is, and our neighbor is friends with Riley. Small town, this is huge for them. I hope the LE there had help, they are not equipped b to handle this.
I agree... I am very close to the area, and there have been several young females that have gone missing in a short time frame around this missing teen.

Google Maps
It seems that where ever along Greenway Drive she lived, she would have been within walking distance of the high school. But, it is unlikely she was on her way to school at 5:20 in the morning when the attempted FaceTime occurred. Where could she have been at that time?
Why would she attempt to contact her boyfriend instead of her mother if she were in danger?
Her boyfriend was going on a field trip with the school that morning, and I know the school day starts at 7:45 I wonder if the field trip was meeting super early and she was trying to catch him before he left? I just went on a field trip with my daughter where we all had to be at the school at 6:00AM

Martinsburg, WV is actually in Berkeley County and Berkeley Springs is in Morgan County. Berkeley Springs is a little town, very artsy and touristy...there is a spring there that is an attraction. It’s not that close to Martinsburg, so I’m not sure why it’s the title of this thread?
Also don't forget that Berkely Springs is very close to the C and O canal and this time of year there is a lot of travelors... biking... hiking etc.

When I googled Berkeley Springs to learn more about the town, I came across several articles in MSM about another young lady from town who was tragically killed in an automobile accident a couple of days before RC's disappearance. I wonder if RC knew her or was terribly up set by this and felt the need to be by herself for awhile. This doesn't really match what is known about RC and her closeness to her family but I am just throwing it out there. MOO MOO
I agree with this... I was curious myself because I believe the funeral was the day before or the day of her disappearance. Very sad time for such a small town.

On the FB page, a neighbor posted that she sees Riley every morning walking to school w her backpack. Last Tuesday, that neighbor and another both saw her walking to school but pulling a wheeled backpack that struck them both as strange. And one of her classmates posted that rumor going around school was that her step-dad hit her so she was taking off. Not sure how true that last stmt is but it came from RC’s best friend (supposedly).
this makes me sad because I would hope if this is the situation that her boyfriend will also come forward and verify that information.

I don't believe that she actually contacted him on Wednesday morning. There was only an attempt from her phone.

I'm starting to seriously think the perp made that call. He would only have to make sure the call connected and then hang up as to not wake up the person on the recieving end. It's a huge gamble but that call is also key to the timeline of events. That call makes it look as if Riley was alive and well at that time, but perhaps she wasn't.

The problem with the story that she had a wheeled backpack is this:
There's been no activity on her cell phone or social media since Wednesday at 522am. No teen shuts down voluntarily like that. Even if she left, it's doubtful she would not use her phone at all, to contact anyone, look for directions, survey social media etc. No cell pings at all since she tried to reach out to her boyfriend. She went completely dark. Also troublesome is the fact there have been no sightings... Nothing. Not in the area, not in adjacent areas. It doesn't fit.
There was a cell phone found by the Potomac in Cumberland this week. It was locked and still lighting up when calls were coming into it.. If anyone wants to read about it it is on the Cumberland On Patrol Facebook page. I believe Rileys mother is trying to get in touch with them to see if it is her phone.

I've sadly taken to mostly sitting on my hands here, not because I have a theory that foul play has befallen Riley, but because I think some signs may point to suicide and no one wants to imagine that for a moment, not even me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back