GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have just purchased the book and a quarter way through. Very interesting to hear what was going on behind the scenes and context to SE's tweets. Pisces_Sun and Websleuths have just been mentioned.

I was hoping for 40 but it could be worse - it could be 20 years I guess.

I'm actually surprised by RS because it does seem to be affecting her and haunting her from her behaviour in the court and I don't believe it's an act. I'm glad she gave a written statement too.

Her behaviour compared to SE is really startling and now I'm starting to believe that RS was not the mastermind and SE was.

Having said that though, she needed 40 years.

Watched the hour long hearing. Does anybody know what incident they were referring to that happened while in the juvenile facility?

Hi, all. It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been reading the board. I'm watching the last few minutes of Rachel's hearing now, and the whole thing is heartbreaking. I'm glad the Neese family got to speak, and I hope being able to look at Rachel and say what she has done to them allows them to heal. I'm looking forward to reading the entire book about this case when it's released in June/July. I've thought about this case every day for 18 months. I'm glad it's over, and while I know no one who heard about Skylar will ever forget her or what was taken from her and her family, I hope everyone is able to move on. All the best to all of you <3

Watched the hour long hearing. Does anybody know what incident they were referring to that happened while in the juvenile facility?

Afterwards when they were speaking to the media, Ashdown was asked about this and all she said was that it was a minor incident. All I can think of is maybe Rachel was involved in some kind of fight.

Skylar's story is airing on Dateline on the 7th of March and on Dr. Phil on the 11th of March.

Nice to see Skylar's story getting out there even more. She will never be forgotten.

Hi, all. It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been reading the board. I'm watching the last few minutes of Rachel's hearing now, and the whole thing is heartbreaking. I'm glad the Neese family got to speak, and I hope being able to look at Rachel and say what she has done to them allows them to heal. I'm looking forward to reading the entire book about this case when it's released in June/July. I've thought about this case every day for 18 months. I'm glad it's over, and while I know no one who heard about Skylar will ever forget her or what was taken from her and her family, I hope everyone is able to move on. All the best to all of you <3

BBM

I just finished the Daleen Berry/Geoffrey Fuller Book, what book is expected in July? I found that there wasn't much new to learn in the book I just read, although it was nice to have it all in one place, it was barely an improvement over reading here on Websleuths! (Because we're all so careful and thorough, we don't miss much)

Rachel's hearing was pure anguish.

I was surprised that Richard Kyer was one of those listed in the long list the judge read of people who sent letters of character references. He was the University High School Drama teacher. He had both Rachel & Skyler as students (as well as Daniel, according to the Berry/Fuller text) I wonder what it was like to write a character reference for Rachel, asking that her sentence be commuted or adjusted because of her past character knowing that Skyler had been his student too? Essentially asking for mercy on her behalf. I can imagine that in such circumstances I might be able to write a letter that would offer a bare minimum in favor of a person like "she was always punctual" or something basically damning with faint praise. I saw Tara smile when that list of names of people who write letters was read. Just imagine what it would take to write such a letter knowing what Rachel had done.

BBM

I just finished the Daleen Berry/Geoffrey Fuller Book, what book is expected in July? I found that there wasn't much new to learn in the book I just read, although it was nice to have it all in one place, it was barely an improvement over reading here on Websleuths! (Because we're all so careful and thorough, we don't miss much)

I was surprised that Richard Kyer was one of those listed in the long list the judge read of people who sent letters of character references. He was the University High School Drama teacher. He had both Rachel & Skyler as students (as well as Daniel, according to the Berry/Fuller text) I wonder what it was like to write a character reference for Rachel, asking that her sentence be commuted or adjusted because of her past character knowing that Skyler had been his student too? Essentially asking for mercy on her behalf. I can imagine that in such circumstances I might be able to write a letter that would offer a bare minimum in favor of a person like "she was always punctual" or something basically damning with faint praise. I saw Tara smile when that list of names of people who write letters was read. Just imagine what it would take to write such a letter knowing what Rachel had done.

I was equally surprised that Mr. Kyer's name was on that list.

There is another quick preview on Dateline's Facebook page of Skylar's story.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152274526341420&set=vb.117112876419&type=2&theater

It has aired apparently, but I am not in the US so I have to wait for it. :( Once I get a link to the full version, I will post it here for everyone to see.

It seems like they will be airing the footage of Skylar getting into the car from the surveillance camera. It's so sad to see her go in the car, knowing exactly what happens to her. Poor girl. :(

BBM

From what I understand, this book that was published wasn't a finished copy and they are re-releasing it in July along with the hardcover version, which I would've liked to have known before I purchased the book.

Just incase anyone was curious.

http://ee.dominionpost.com/Reposito...BcjAwMTAz&Mode=Gif&Locale=english-skin-custom

Those same records indicate Shoaf was cited for insubordination while in prison for talking to another offender with whom there was to be no contact.

So that was the minor infraction mentioned at her trial. I'm interested in why she couldn't make contact with this person though. I wonder what the reasons usually are.

I watched the show last night and it was scary and sad on so many levels. I still believe Shelia Eddy was the one who initally came up with the idea of killing Skylar, but considering Rachel Shoaf told a classmate that she couldn't stand Skylar and wouldn't mind if she was dead, then she was just as motivated, and wanted Skylar dead as much as Shelia.
This murder still makes not one bit of sense. Not that any murder like this is sensible but, there are times you can say oh I can see how this got out of control and lead to violence. In this case it's just nothing except they were sick and tired of Skylar. They exchanged nasty words with one another in arguments, and just grew to hate her to the point of wanted her gone of this earth. The sexual angle has some merit, but I don't think it's was the main reason. Shelia was a nasty little trollop that used sex to gain some attention because, she was the least popular out of the trio in high school and used her looks and sex to garner the little popularity she had. Eddy made no bones about the fact she liked to screw everyone and do drugs. I can't imagine it would bother her if people knew she had sex with Rachel. Shelia would probably love the attention.
Rachel on the other hand, might be afraid of what others would think.

Ugh..this case will never sit right with me because of the utter senselessness. Sklyar's haunting last words say it all......Why? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper