Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re shopping with reuseable bags. I am in the UK and put my shopping in my canvas bag - its just a habit I've got into. I unload my bag at the checkout and reload it again.
Reusable shopping bags are quite common, but shoppers put their own bags in a cart or handbasket while they make their selections and proceed to checkout. DH and I have several reusable shopping bags that we keep in our vehicles. We hand the bags to the cashier or bagger or pack them ourselves if the store is busy. During the pandemic, reusable shopping bags were not permitted. All shoppers were given the choice of paper or plastic bags for their groceries. I have never seen anyone using their reusable bags while shopping. Different strokes, I guess.

Last edited:
If BL had any honestly in him (which he doesn't appear to have) he could have just wrote "I just lost control during our last argument after she hit me in the face and the next thing I knew, she was dead".
BLs "mercy killing" narrative was just a pathetic excuse by a man too cowardly to admit he killed Gabby. If someone is injured in a remote area, you get that person to a hospital for medical attention--not kill them to end their pain!
I think he simply reacted to something he didn't like hearing and went into a rage and hit her, HARD. It seems to me like he's like an on/off switch. He gets riled up just as quickly as you can flip a switch. Unfortunately, I don't think it works well in the other direction (He doesn't cool down as fast). There was evidence of blows to her head. Perhaps, in the blink of an eye (and without thought since his switch just flipped) he picked up a rock and hit her in the head with it. Or maybe grabbed her and smashed her head into something (there were LE paint markers on objects like trees). She was badly injured and like you said, you get that person to a hospital. But he's not you, or I, for that matter, and I think that's when panic set in, knowing he couldn't take her to the hospital like that because they'd know he was the one that was responsible for her condition. Or that she'd tell them he did it. Either way, he would be a goner.

So he panicked, choked her to death, and left her there, thinking he could come up with a scheme and get away with it. At least that's how it plays out in my head.

All MOO.

Just wanted to highlight this - it’s really stuck with me.

Nothing I’ve read about this case (or many others) has so succinctly and powerfully summarized the corrupt thieving hearts of abusers.
This makes total sense to me.

<respectfully snipped> I've never seen this, either. I was surprised that neither Gabby nor Brian got a shopping cart or handbasket upon entering the store. Even if customers are only getting a few items, they would at least take a handbasket upon entering the store. I don't recall ever seeing someone put grocery items into their purse or tote bag.

I hope the "missing minutes" from surveillance video are eventually made public. I'm curious about what happened during those few minutes prior to Gabby and Brian exiting Whole Foods. JMO
Whole Foods, which is an expensive food store, has been known (at least in the past) for putting out free samples for people to try different foods they are trying to sell. Perhaps Gabby and Brian were looking for some freebies there. I think Whole Foods stopped some time ago, but Gabby and Brian may not have realized it.

Whole Foods, which is an expensive food store, has been known (at least in the past) for putting out free samples for people to try different foods they are trying to sell. Perhaps Gabby and Brian were looking for some freebies there. I think Whole Foods stopped some time ago, but Gabby and Brian may not have realized it.
Locally I've noticed stores stopped doing that shortly after Covid hit.

Twin documents filed in Sarasota County, Florida on Tuesday and Wednesday — the first filings in the case since late July — say depositions planned for parents Christopher Laundrie and Roberta Laundrie have been rescheduled.

The sit-and-talk sessions had originally been earmarked for Thurs., Oct. 20, 2022 — one year to the day from when Brian Laundrie’s bones were found. The depositions have now been set for Thurs., Dec. 1, at the offices of a law firm retained by Petito’s parents.

The sit-and-talk sessions had originally been earmarked for Thurs., Oct. 20, 2022 — one year to the day from when Brian Laundrie’s bones were found. The depositions have now been set for Thurs., Dec. 1, at the offices of a law firm retained by Petito’s parents.
SBMFF

How odd that they were scheduled for the 1 year anniversary that BLs bones were found. Of all the days to schedule it. :eek: I wonder if that was on purpose by the P's or the P's lawyers, or if it was simply the next available date. Glad they got that date off of that horrible anniversary. I'm sure the L's are relieved too.

Most of the local markets here in Oakland County, MI offered free samples until the pandemic. Since then, Costco is the only local store that resumed sampling, but I don't know about Sam's Club or BJ's because we don't have memberships there. We do most of our grocery shopping at Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, Kroger, and Meijer, with occasional visits to Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. No samples anywhere now except for Costco.

I had to zoom in on the parking lot video, but you can clearly see Brian slam the driver side door as hard as possible. His body language looks stiff and awkward. IMHO he is barely containing his rage in public.
I thought he put the hat and sunglasses on because he may have been crying earlier but shoplifting could also be likely.
If they were shoplifting with Gabby’s bag, and she is holding all the merchandise, why isn’t she also concerned about her appearance? No sunglasses or hat for the person most likely to be caught with stolen goods?

Edit: a word
Maybe she was hoping to be caught??? Especially if it was after the lunch incident.

I've watched the WF footage a few times now. I agree that BL looks like he kind of slams the van door when they first get there. And I agree that GP is holding her arms in a rather defensive posture as they walk in. But once inside, I see GP pretty much strolling along with BL following her around. She's glancing at and touching things, picking things to put in her bag, stopping to browse, regardless of what BL was doing. He gave her a slight touch on the arm and walked back to another aisle while she kept strolling and yawning. Then we see her alone, or standing at the cheese area watching the checkout, then just kind of wandering around. Maybe crossing her arms and yawning was anxiety, but honestly, he looked more spastic and aimless than she did "scared" and "exhausted" as FOX news reported. JMO.

Did anyone notice the guy with a hat and mask doing a double take on them? It was when they were coming out of one aisle and going into another. He walked past them and then turned back to look at them. Wonder what that was about?

ETA: Not to downplay the seriousness of the matter, but in all honesty, BL in that WF footage reminds me of a little kid, like he thinks he's some sort of spy with his hat and glasses on, playing look-out on the end of each aisle while GP disappears for a second or two...

Last edited:
I've watched the WF footage a few times now. I agree that BL looks like he kind of slams the van door when they first get there. And I agree that GP is holding her arms in a rather defensive posture as they walk in. But once inside, I see GP pretty much strolling along with BL following her around. She's glancing at and touching things, picking things to put in her bag, stopping to browse, regardless of what BL was doing. He gave her a slight touch on the arm and walked back to another aisle while she kept strolling and yawning. Then we see her alone, or standing at the cheese area watching the checkout, then just kind of wandering around. Maybe crossing her arms and yawning was anxiety, but honestly, he looked more spastic and aimless than she did "scared" and "exhausted" as FOX news reported. JMO.

Did anyone notice the guy with a hat and mask doing a double take on them? It was when they were coming out of one aisle and going into another. He walked past them and then turned back to look at them. Wonder what that was about?

ETA: Not to downplay the seriousness of the matter, but in all honesty, BL in that WF footage reminds me of a little kid, like he thinks he's some sort of spy with his hat and glasses on, playing look-out on the end of each aisle while GP disappears for a second or two...
BBM I did notice that and wondered what caught his attention.

He could have simply been checking out GP. She was a pretty girl. But it also could have been something else. Maybe their behavior? Maybe he saw them putting stuff in those bags? Who knows!
Agree. And honestly, he could have been checking out either one of them. Or he could have been staring because they weren't wearing masks. While not everyone in the store was masked, it seems the vast majority were. And for all we know, one of them coughed. (As someone who has a predictable cough at certain times of the year due to seasonal allergies, I guarantee some people stare intently at a cougher even when the person has on a mask! I can't imagine the looks without a mask.)

But I do wonder if he didn't think he saw something go into GP's bag...the video is pretty short but I don't see anyone else putting items in an opaque bag while shopping. Or for all we know, he could have been at the Merry Piglets when they were there. I'm not at all sure I buy the internet blogger's super-dramatic publicized account. At one point it was reported she said her BF has a "photographic memory" and he was sure it was BL they saw at MP because BL was wearing the same clothes they later saw when the Moab video was released. That doesn't appear to be true unless BL changed after leaving the MP & before going to the grocery store-- light colored t-shirts in both videos although one looks whiter to me but also the chest logos appear different. (And small details like that matter if one has a photographic memory!) Shorts worn in both videos but not the same shorts as the material is different-- a pattern in Moab and solid in Whole Foods. (And it WAS summer and they were in casual touristy spots. Lots of people likely wore shorts in Moab and in Jackson so BL's outfit wouldn't stand out.) But whatever happened, it sounds like there was some sort of scene inside and/or outside the MP restaurant that could have attracted attention from people who happened to be in the area. I'd probably do a double take if I saw a couple shopping who'd apparently tried to dine and dash just minutes before..and if there was even slightly suspicious shoulder bag action that would likely draw my attention.

Agree. And honestly, he could have been checking out either one of them. Or he could have been staring because they weren't wearing masks. While not everyone in the store was masked, it seems the vast majority were. And for all we know, one of them coughed. (As someone who has a predictable cough at certain times of the year due to seasonal allergies, I guarantee some people stare intently at a cougher even when the person has on a mask! I can't imagine the looks without a mask.)

But I do wonder if he didn't think he saw something go into GP's bag...the video is pretty short but I don't see anyone else putting items in an opaque bag while shopping. Or for all we know, he could have been at the Merry Piglets when they were there. I'm not at all sure I buy the internet blogger's super-dramatic publicized account. At one point it was reported she said her BF has a "photographic memory" and he was sure it was BL they saw at MP because BL was wearing the same clothes they later saw when the Moab video was released. That doesn't appear to be true unless BL changed after leaving the MP & before going to the grocery store-- light colored t-shirts in both videos although one looks whiter to me but also the chest logos appear different. (And small details like that matter if one has a photographic memory!) Shorts worn in both videos but not the same shorts as the material is different-- a pattern in Moab and solid in Whole Foods. (And it WAS summer and they were in casual touristy spots. Lots of people likely wore shorts in Moab and in Jackson so BL's outfit wouldn't stand out.) But whatever happened, it sounds like there was some sort of scene inside and/or outside the MP restaurant that could have attracted attention from people who happened to be in the area. I'd probably do a double take if I saw a couple shopping who'd apparently tried to dine and dash just minutes before..and if there was even slightly suspicious shoulder bag action that would likely draw my attention.
IMO the initial MP incident as reported by the vlogger was enhanced for 'dramatic' effect. I tend to take Brian Entins interview with the manager of MP as the true version.
and as reported by The Sun Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie 'fled restaurant without paying' on last night

"A restaurant manager, claimed the couple left the café without paying.

A server then followed Gabby and Laundrie outside and the young couple paid the bill on the street.
Moments later the young couple re-entered the Tex-Mex restaurant where Gabby apparently tried to get her money back. The café refused to refund.

Reportedly there was no shouting or arguing at MP by anyone.

IMO the initial MP incident as reported by the vlogger was enhanced for 'dramatic' effect. I tend to take Brian Entins interview with the manager of MP as the true version.
and as reported by The Sun Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie 'fled restaurant without paying' on last night

"A restaurant manager, claimed the couple left the café without paying.

A server then followed Gabby and Laundrie outside and the young couple paid the bill on the street.
Moments later the young couple re-entered the Tex-Mex restaurant where Gabby apparently tried to get her money back. The café refused to refund.

Reportedly there was no shouting or arguing at MP by anyone.
I suspect you are right and the manager's version is likely closer to the truth.

But...the manager might have a vested interest in downplaying any sort of scene at the restaurant (and it's not as though the info was provided under oath) AND the manager might not have been fully aware of exactly what happened at the table as much as the server and patrons seated nearby might be. Still it's unfortunate IMO the Fox story accompanying the newly released grocery video treats the restaurant story the blogger told as truth. And the manager's account isn't mentioned at all.

I suspect you are right and the manager's version is likely closer to the truth.

But...the manager might have a vested interest in downplaying any sort of scene at the restaurant (and it's not as though the info was provided under oath) AND the manager might not have been fully aware of exactly what happened at the table as much as the server and patrons seated nearby might be. Still it's unfortunate IMO the Fox story accompanying the newly released grocery video treats the restaurant story the blogger told as truth. And the manager's account isn't mentioned at all.
the alternative version wouldn't be a good story, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1