Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) — A Florida judge will hear arguments Tuesday on whether the depositions given by Brian Laundrie’s parents will have limitations in the civil lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents.

Judge Hunter W. Carroll set a pre-trial hearing in the lawsuit against Laundrie’s parents, Chris and Roberta, for Tuesday at 11:15am. The hearing will be streamed on WFLA.com and the WFLA app.

In October, the Laundries filed a motion to limit the depositions to the events that occurred between Aug. 27, 2021— the day Petito is believed to have been killed—and Sept. 19, 2021, the day her remains were discovered...

"The Laundie family attorney, Matt Luka, argued such questioning would cause added embarrassment, oppression, expense, annoyance and undue burden to a family already suffering from the tragic situation."

They would have been better off not using words like embarrassment and annoyance!

"The Laundie family attorney, Matt Luka, argued such questioning would cause added embarrassment, oppression, expense, annoyance and undue burden to a family already suffering from the tragic situation."

They would have been better off not using words like embarrassment and annoyance!

So true, and they would have been better off not sheltering and aiding a person on the run from LE. Their embarrassment and annoyance is of their own creation. my opinion only.

I wonder what the Laundries wanted to exclude, maybe they do not want to discuss his trip back to Long Island after the Moab stop. I wonder what happened during that visit.
They wanted to limit questioning to a 30-31 day period between August and September. The problem is, that's really exclusive. Normally, in depositions, right at the beginning, we ask a lot of background questions - where they live, where they went to school, what did they study, any previous addresses etc... If the judge had granted that motion, just like the Petitos' attorney argued, all this background information would have been precluded.

"This request certainly would also include the note that Roberta Laundrie wrote to Brian Laundrie, [in] which she offered to bring a shovel to help bury the body," Reilly wrote. "The note was released to the custody of Mr. Bertolino on Friday, June 24, 2022 by the FBI."

I have forgotten if we know the exact date that Bertolino was retained. My guess is that whatever that date is, they are going to question him about any information prior to that date. MOO.
I don’t know if you received your answer, but he was a long-time attorney for the parents. There was a conversation between 3 Laundries & SB as well as one-on-one with SB & BL between the time he returned home and they left for Ft DeSoto weekend. SB was on Ashleigh Banfield and discussed this briefly. I can try and find the link if you need it.

"This request certainly would also include the note that Roberta Laundrie wrote to Brian Laundrie, [in] which she offered to bring a shovel to help bury the body," Reilly wrote. "The note was released to the custody of Mr. Bertolino on Friday, June 24, 2022 by the FBI."

The letter from RL was undated, so I don't know how the Petito family's attorney will be able to prove it was written after GP's death. The attorney for the Laundries are saying it was written before GP and BL left Florida.

I think the burden of proof will be on the Petito's attorney to prove his theory?

I don’t know if you received your answer, but he was a long-time attorney for the parents. There was a conversation between 3 Laundries & SB as well as one-on-one with SB & BL between the time he returned home and they left for Ft DeSoto weekend. SB was on Ashleigh Banfield and discussed this briefly. I can try and find the link if you need it.

I've listened to SB address this as well early on (somewhere). Isn't there a fine line of a family friend who's retained counsel "indefinitely"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper