Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo... wow.. honestly find this situation quite bizarre

This is the first time I've read the contents of that letter, and I agree--it's a beautiful letter of unconditional love from a mother to a son.

I have to wonder if BL had some emotional issues that his mother felt she needed to soothe.
I do understand why some find the tone and wording of the letter odd.... I agree. It is odd sounding but so was BL IMO.

I feel your last sentence sums up what was going on between the two. And we do know BL had issues. And on top of having issues, he was very likely unraveling days before he shot himself, and that unraveling wasn't pretty to watch or live with.

It's my opinion that he was extremely agitated and suicidal, and she knew that and was trying to placate and save her son, and why she wrote the letter with the language she used. All MOO. I'm also venturing a guess that she had never seen him as emotionally distraught as he was in those final days. Hence her really throwing her all into the letter to 'talk him off the ledge'. Sadly for her it didn't work.

If what I surmise above is true, even though I'm not a RL fan, I do feel sorry for her loss. She gave it her ALL and she still lost that battle, and in the process, her son, who as difficult it sounds like he was to live with, she still loved him dearly with a mother's unconditional love. I'm also venturing a guess that she's never written or said those kind of words to BL in the past. Not with the passion in which she wrote them in that letter. The entire ordeal is extremely sad. :(

All MOO.

I do understand why some find the tone and wording of the letter odd.... I agree. It is odd sounding but so was BL IMO.

I feel your last sentence sums up what was going on between the two. And we do know BL had issues. And on top of having issues, he was very likely unraveling days before he shot himself, and that unraveling wasn't pretty to watch or live with.

It's my opinion that he was extremely agitated and suicidal, and she knew that and was trying to placate and save her son, and why she wrote the letter with the language she used. All MOO. I'm also venturing a guess that she had never seen him as emotionally distraught as he was in those final days. Hence her really throwing her all into the letter to 'talk him off the ledge'. Sadly for her it didn't work.

If what I surmise above is true, even though I'm not a RL fan, I do feel sorry for her loss. She gave it her ALL and she still lost that battle, and in the process, her son, who as difficult it sounds like he was to live with, she still loved him dearly with a mother's unconditional love. I'm also venturing a guess that she's never written or said those kind of words to BL in the past. Not with the passion in which she wrote them in that letter. The entire ordeal is extremely sad. :(

All MOO.
She could have used the Baker Act and saved his life...

#RobertaLaundrie's deposition was met with a much different response by #GabbyPetito's family. Was told there were major revelations. “There is pure evil in this world. I have witnessed it first-hand." - Nichole Schmidt, Gabby's mom My Full Report: http://bit.ly/3MkDlg3 @WFLA

"PURE EVIL": The second day of depositions with the parents of Brian Laundrie was filled with more tension. “We learned a lot in the last two days that we didn’t know before,” the Petito family's attorney said, @WFLAJB reports: http://bit.ly/3MkDlg3

Better than having him go on a solo camping trip when he no longer wants to be alive
Moo .I listen to police scanners alot, if the person phones in an says i feeling suicidal homicidal, yea the police will come. But if someone else phones in..it is kinda iffy..could be an ex or totally different family issues that want a person taken in...moo

Moo..well Gabby chose to leave home and live with another family..I do wonder about that..moo
Well, her family lived in New York and she moved to Florida when she was 20 to live with her boyfriend. Neither had a high paying job, so they both stayed with his parents who had plenty of room. Not an uncommon situation these days, I think.

I personally wouldn't read into it anything negative <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
“[Regarding] Bertolino’s statement that there were no surprises on their side: of course not!,” wrote Reilly. “They have been hiding the truth and refusing to give Joe and Nichole the answers they so desperately needed for 2 years. Bertolino makes it sound like it is just another day in his and the Laundries life. But it was an emotional, gut wrenching and eye opening day for Joe and Nichole. They learned exactly what the Laundries and Bertolino knew while they were searching for any information on Gabby but failed to disclose. The level of insensitivity of Mr. Bertolino is never ending.”

The Petito families's lawyer seems to be trying to litigate this case through the press. Maybe he hopes to force some type of settlement. The article quoted above contains no actual facts other than that two depositions occurred.

Most people do not like being sued and are generally not cordial to other people who are trying to bankrupt them (whether or not they are guilty).

Unless there is a settlement, this case may drag on for years. A Petito/Schmidt victory at trial will likely be appealed due to the novel nature of the claims in this case: Right to remain silent vs. intentional emotional distress, attorney-client privilege vs. a third party suing lawyer for making a statement on his client's behalf. Even then, the only likely source for damages recovery is Bertolino's malpractice insurance (and it may well not cover intentional acts as alleged in this suit). I have seen no evidence that the Laudries are rich. It may be easy to win a suit in Florida, but it can be hard to recover damages from a Florida resident (There is a reason OJ Simpson moved to Florida after his lawsuit loss in California).

Roberta made her point showing up for the deposition in Brian's mustang, imo Gabby Petito's father issues statement about Brian Laundrie's mother

Heartless to me.
The "facts" asserted in that Daily Mail article do not mesh with what has been reported for the last year. I have never read the the Mustang was Brian's. I have always understood that Brian did not own a car, and that the Mustang was Roberta's. I have not seen it reported that the "Burn After Reading" note was found in the dry bag (previous reports have suggested that it was found in either the van of the Laundrie house (it has been a topic of discussion here). I also have not heard of Brian's parents losing a $3,000,000 lawsuit last year (I'm sure that would have been discussed heavily here) - maybe they were talking about the suit against Brian's estate.

Personally, if my child drove my car to a suicide location, I would trade in the car for another car.

Personally, if my child drove my car to a suicide location, I would trade in the car for another car.

<snipped for focus>

Everyone is different, and the car may have had special meaning for RL and her relationship with BL, holding more good memories than bad. We all process things differently in relation to loss.

JMO

I just find it bizarre that the real story, about what happened between Gabby and Brian, (and couples like them) - how their attempt to create a stable, enduring love relationship somehow ended up with both of them dead - has been turned into a ridiculous court case between their parents.

No one 'won' in the conflict between Gabby and Brian, no one can ever 'win' now.

JMO

Moo.Dad.called males Gabby brought home to come to meet parents by female names. And it was excepted neither daughter or wife said nada.
...moo

The Petito families's lawyer seems to be trying to litigate this case through the press. Maybe he hopes to force some type of settlement. The article quoted above contains no actual facts other than that two depositions occurred.

Most people do not like being sued and are generally not cordial to other people who are trying to bankrupt them (whether or not they are guilty).

Unless there is a settlement, this case may drag on for years. A Petito/Schmidt victory at trial will likely be appealed due to the novel nature of the claims in this case: Right to remain silent vs. intentional emotional distress, attorney-client privilege vs. a third party suing lawyer for making a statement on his client's behalf. Even then, the only likely source for damages recovery is Bertolino's malpractice insurance (and it may well not cover intentional acts as alleged in this suit). I have seen no evidence that the Laudries are rich. It may be easy to win a suit in Florida, but it can be hard to recover damages from a Florida resident (There is a reason OJ Simpson moved to Florida after his lawsuit loss in California).
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the Laundries are rolling in money. Most of the time, lawsuits go after folks with "deep pockets," my attorney told me.

How long was it that the kids lived together with the Laundries? Has there ever been any inclination that the Petitos didn't like that living arrangement? I honestly don't remember. Did the kids ever ask to live with one of the Petito parents? Were they looking to get a place on their own?

I feel as though there's so much about that relationship that we don't know and will never find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper