Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Cannot speak for personal FaceBook pages. However, if you have a business page - as I do - and it is liked to an IG account, you can schedule the post (in FB) for both FB and IG. I'd think this unlikely with Petito/Laundrie, as they do not strike me as savvy enough for this... but my point is that it is not out of the realm of possibility.
There are many apps that you can do this with: schedule a post for the future across multiple platforms (FB, Twitter, Pinterest, etc). While I do this for business and can schedule posts up to 3 months in advance, I don't think it is limited to commercial use

IIRC I think her dad's name was on the van? When I heard that I thought maybe he was being nice in the hopes that BL would give them information.
Hasn't it been stated BL did not have a car?
maybe someone has a link
I thought that was his silver sports car in his parents driveway last night???

This doesn't necessarily discount the suggestion, but you can't schedule posts on Instagram in the same way as you can on Facebook, despite both platforms being owned by the same company. You'd need to go through a third party platform such as Buffer or Hootsuite, which imo makes it much more difficult to post ahead of time accidentally. In fact, I've never had a post go out early while using Buffer, only posts that have failed to go out when scheduled so I don't see this as particularly likely imo.

Can you have a “saved draft” of a post on any versions? I just tried iOS and you can’t, but know sometimes desktop/browser functionality of SocMed platforms offer more options etc.

N274TH Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware
The same helicopter that searched for 9 hours near the Grand Targhee Resort is searching the same area today. South of Fred’s Mountain. Looks like along Paintbrush and Colters Run trails but not sure as I can’t see a topo on the flightaware site…just lining up general landmarks from flightaware to a topo.

Wow, interesting. When I plugged Paintbrush Trail into google maps, the pin showed up at a spot on the trail that is only one mile away from the Snake River, which is where he told the TikTocker he had been camping.

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter how this turns out, his parents didn't do him any favors by shielding him from the consequences of whatever decisions he made that brought him back home, alone, in her van, unwilling to speak to LE.

The same helicopter that searched for 9 hours near the Grand Targhee Resort is searching the same area today. South of Fred’s Mountain. Looks like along Paintbrush and Colters Run trails but not sure as I can’t see a topo on the flightaware site…just lining up general landmarks from flightaware to a topo.

Thank you for this!

My father suffers from bipolar disorder. He says there’s this thing called hypomania that is a common trait for bipolar disorder.

I reached out to my dad because I thought it was interesting that the cop asked Brian “are you always this hyper?” He definitely seems to be a bit bipolar, which would explain a lot to me. Maybe he’s aware of it, maybe he’s undiagnosed, I don’t know.

I’m not trying to diagnose him, and I obviously don’t think being bipolar makes you a bad person. But when left untreated and when you cram yourself into a van with someone else, all of these things come out eventually. Take it from me, I’m currently on month 7 of living in a van with my partner.

Welcome to Websleuths,
haileyssdgm !!

Absolutely my thoughts too. I do know that Social Media seems to pay well but I'm not sure if they were into YouTubing for $$$. Somebody was supporting this life style. They both seem to have some mental health problems that surely can't be solved on the road.

It can take a long time to build up a big enough social media presence to monetize it. Even on YouTube, you get paid like 3 cents everytime someone views an ad that plays on your video. And you can't "monetize" the videos until you have a certain number of followers and views anyway. So it takes a long time to get to a point where you can support yourself like this. And on Instagram, most influencers start out by getting free products in exchange for making posts about the products. You have to really be "celebrity" status to get actively paid to sponsor products.

At this point with so many people trying to make it big like this it is almost like people moving to Hollywood to try to become a moviestar. There's no barrier to entry because anyone can make a YouTube or Instagram page but it's still a long road to actually getting paid.

Can someone explain the significance of a staging area where they are searching for Brian? I should probably know this but I don’t.

If they find him I suspect they will use Florida’s Baker Act to have him watched closely for 72 hours. If he has in any way mentioned suicide or wanting to harm himself they can have him admitted even without his consent.

Miranda Baker has two new statements added:
Remember, she and her boyfriend gave Brian a ride on Aug. 29th!
TikTok

He was alone hiking and said he left GP in the van where she worked on her webpages.
I think her offered this women $200 because he thought it was a much longer ride. He may have meant Jackson Id and not Jackson Hole Wy...

Its along the Snake river as well.

That is a 200+ mile hike, assuming he walked it all but of course it could have been walk-hitchhike-walk...

Its at least 10 days of heavy hiking to get 200 miles away

I get your point, but it's the way of things when a person a) goes hiking in the wilderness and goes missing or b) goes cross-country van-camping with a fiance who later returns home alone with the van and no fiance.
I wasn't disagreeing with you.

Can you have a “saved draft” of a post on any versions? I just tried iOS and you can’t, but know sometimes desktop/browser functionality of SocMed platforms offer more options etc.

Yes, you can save a draft on Instagram although in my experience/with my phone, it's often glitchy and the draft I've saved will disappear at some point. That's just my experience, at least - I wouldn't rely on IG to save a post at all and would instead schedule through a third party platform

An old BF and I decided we wanted to go on a month long cross-country road trip about 10 years ago. I worked in a clothing store at the time and he was a bartender and we were so excited to do that sort of road trip, we really dedicated ourselves to saving up a bunch of money to make it happen. I don’t think it’s totally out of the realm of possibilities to save up for something like that, especially if you might be living rent free!

I also just wanted to add that even though this was before Instagram/ influencing was a thing, my bf was super into documenting the whole trip for a blog. And I admit that I sometimes got annoyed with him because it seemed like he was spending more time telling other people what we were doing than actually just enjoying the moments we were having. I dunno. Just food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper