Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone source the info about the parents believing that may be where BL is and telling LE that?
NORTH PORT, Fla. – The FBI is now searching for Brian Laundrie after his family admitted they haven’t seen him since Tuesday.

As of Saturday morning, the North Port Police Department and the FBI are searching the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park and Carlton Reserve on foot.
Officers said Laundrie was known to frequent this park.
The reserve is around 25,000 Acres.
According to his family, Laundrie entered the park earlier this week.

https://nbc-2.com/news/2021/09/18/fb...nal-attention/

Thank you, first of all! :)

Second: Not answering questions or invoking the 5th article wouldn't automatically turn you into a suspect? And could you be held in contempt or something similar if you refused to answer any questions (e.g. obstruction of justice).

I don't mean to derail the thread, but I find this course of events terribly fascinating!
we don't have a crime declared to declare a suspect.

And BL didn't own a cell phone ...he said it in the Moab body cam video...only she had a cell phone...he wouldn't even accept water bc it came in a plastic water bottle...she did btw
Lol so driving across country in a van spewing emissions is fine but he draws the line at police offering a plastic water bottle? IMO those beliefs are awesome but his actions came across more as virtue signaling than authentic. I’m not sure I have any idea of who he actually is or what he believes… seems like he’ll perform if people are watching him. JMO.

Thank you, first of all! :)

Second: Not answering questions or invoking the 5th article wouldn't automatically turn you into a suspect? And could you be held in contempt or something similar if you refused to answer any questions (e.g. obstruction of justice).

I don't mean to derail the thread, but I find this course of events terribly fascinating!
Suspicious, but not a suspect.

I think I may have found the answers to my post earlier.

ABC action news reports - the provided link below to support what I’m stating.

“the parents last saw him here, and then the parents say they come out here saw the Mustang and drove it back to the house”.

That clears up my observation.

hope this helps people in the group too.

wait whaaat! They removed his vehicle from where he went essentially stranding him there…. Oh, the irony..

Welcome (to posting)! Good point, nothing BL parents have done support the premise they wouldn’t deliberately mislead

Your double negative means that you also think the parents could purposely mislead LE to help their son, yes? So now there are LE and dogs fanning out across CR and helicopters overhead. In the meantime, BL could actually be traveling by foot, or with the help of friends/Uber/etc in a different direction.

Late to the party here..after reading 4 hours of these threads.

I still haven’t seen anyone give any “real” evidence besides speculation that BL did something to GP?

For me, for now, I don’t know if I have enough information to even believe he didn’t anything but leave her somewhere. She admitted in the body cam video “she doesn’t usually drive the van.” Leaving her somewhere still (yes) not nice, but I am still a bit perplexed with all of this, and definitely feel the LEO/FBI know a lot more than saying. If they had any evidence they would have arrested him prior to him “missing” but now they have to act “coy” and state they want to find him because they are “worried.” Merely for the sake of him telling them when was the last time they saw GP.

Lots to digest..

It made it's way back to his home. lol.

So "it", the car, didn't want the poor kid to have to walk for 2 hours?

The <modsnip> made sure his precious vehicle was returned home. Too bad he couldn’t make sure Gabby made it home.

He has more regard for his car than for his fiancée.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting the live feed. Here’s a still that names the specific area:
View attachment 313103

The reporter said police told her if they were to find BL, that they’d return him home to his parents.

IMO, I don’t think that will be the case if he’s found alive. I believe he’d be involuntarily sent for a medical/psychiatric evaluation. It’s my guess that he’s having a mental health crisis.
JMO…he’s not having a mental health crisis. He’s having a “I’m going to be charged with murder” crisis.
I’m really trying to be nice but now they care that he’s missing?? Hmm
JMO..I believe they “care” because he’s literally the only person who knows what happened. If he’s gone…answers are gone.

New member here doing my first post, although I've peeked into this site's postings for many years... Pardon me if someone asked this before, but every time that I blink, another 8-10 pages of posts fly by...

The latest North Port PD spokesman update (Josh Taylor, guy with the beard) said that they had 50+ LE out in the 25,000+ acres of the Carlton Reserve wilderness. Someone asked why they thought BL was there and Josh said BL family told them the CR was one place that BL often visited and they believed he may be hiding there ("hiding", not "missing" there). BL's family had asked LE to come to them yesterday because they had some things to discuss. Yesterday's LE visit with BL's family was not a search warrant, but a request by the family to speak to LE. So...

What if BL's parents PURPOSELY told LE yesterday to look in CR as a diversionary tactic to divert resources away from other places that BL may be traveling? Yes, the parents could be telling the truth and really wanting to help LE. But like Qinxuan Pan's parents giving him $19,000 cash and his father's passport, many parents will still help their children even if they knowingly are assisting a suspect in a crime. And you cannot prove that the parents purposely diverted LE to CR because the parents could just say that they were just guessing but trying to help with a tip. Diversionary/distracting tactics happen everyday both in real life and in movies (the "Die Hard with a Vengeance" movie involving a fake threat of a bomb placed somewhere in the city's schools comes to mind).

VERY good points, especially about how the parents couldn't be charged with misleading police if they said they were simply stating that the Reserve is somewhere he liked to go and he might be there.

I wonder, now that their son is missing and there is understandable speculation that he may go on to take his own life, how the Laundrie family's lawyer is now advising them..

Can you have a “saved draft” of a post on any versions? I just tried iOS and you can’t, but know sometimes desktop/browser functionality of SocMed platforms offer more options etc.

You can and a lot of people do, I have an Instagram I use for work reasons and use the drafts to make posts and keep them until optimum posting times. Also Facebook corp has a publisher suite that you can preload, and post to Instagram with. I use hootsuite and it has a free version that anyone can use as well. Some of my influencer friends build their posts in a separate app that looks like an insta feed so they can see how their feed is going to look, create and save filters to keep image constituency before they post the posts. It’s boringly complicated!

Brian’s parents knew he’s left the home on Tuesday but failed to notify LE. Precious time has been lost in finding Gabby. Laundrie’s parents should be charged with hindering this investigation. I imagine the parents have been coddling him his whole life.

Last edited:
Your double negative means that you also think the parents could purposely mislead LE to help their son, yes? So now there are LE and dogs fanning out across CR and helicopters overhead. In the meantime, BL could actually be traveling by foot, or with the help of friends/Uber/etc in a different direction.

yes! Completely agree they’d do that from appearances thus far

Lol so driving across country in a van spewing emissions is fine but he draws the line at police offering a plastic water bottle? IMO those beliefs are awesome but his actions came across more as virtue signaling than authentic. I’m not sure I have any idea of who he actually is or what he believes… seems like he’ll perform if people are watching him. JMO.

Virtue signaling.

I think I may have found the answers to my post earlier.

ABC action news reports - the provided link below to support what I’m stating.

“the parents last saw him here, and then the parents say they come out here saw the Mustang and drove it back to the house”.

That clears up my observation.

hope this helps people in the group too.
Was their "seeing the mustang" and driving it back to the house just a mere coinkidink? After last "seeing him here". Sounds like, translated, they took him there in his car, and drove the car back home. They "saw" him there, they "saw" the mustang, and drove it back. too funny.

I haven't read through all of these threads, but on TikTok I did see a woman post about how she and her boyfriend were offered $200 by Brian on Aug 29(?) to give him a ride to Jackson(?) before he freaked out over something and dipped. She has indicated she spoke with law enforcement about the encounter. <modsnip>

Sorry if this has all been shared, but I am not going to skim through 40+ pages to find out, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez