Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that's so hinky for me is that the Mustang was gone all day Tuesday and then back as of Wednesday. As I've posted in the prior thread, Brian Entin (on scene reporter) said he thought it may have arrived back late Tuesday night.

Why would the parents get the car at the Reserve so late and and drive it home? Because they didn't want to be seen. There is no plausible explanation in my mind that has his parents driving the car back to their place that isn't part of a plan, especially with a three day wait to report him missing. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but...

Here we are.

MOO.
I'm beginning to think they're in pretty deep, and likely getting deeper.

It's not storming here right now. NPPD said they stopped searching bc it was dark. Not sure why they wouldn't do thermal in the dark.
IMO
its still storming where i am and probably because if he is in those woods and is hiding then he will still be there hiding tomorrow as well.....i dont believe he is even there myself.

Gabby was reading about the Zodiac Killer does that mean she has murderistic (not a word, I know) tendencies? Chuck Palahniuk is a popular novelist. Just because Brian read his stuff doesn’t make him a killer.
No, not that alone. The combination of all these things paint the picture of someone who seems troubled. Gabby’s friend also said he heard voices in his head. So I’m going off all of that.

I still am not sure if he ever went back to Florida. He easily could have bribed someone to drive the van back. He may have hightailed it and hitchhiked to anywhere by now.
That's what I think too. There's an accessory here who drove the van back with him never returning to Fla but rather leaving straight from Wyoming. But, this isn't even MOO. It's an out-loud hunch and it hinges on the Idaho merchant and TikTok witnesses accounts being verified.

A few random thoughts:

If the BL parents did not talk to police until yesterday, the 9/1 arrival date could not be from them, correct?

Regarding the parents' story of him talking the car to the nature park and them picking it up afterwards: Maybe they did this with the van also? BL was hitchhiking when he without both Gabby and the van.

Is it possibly the family lawyer never actually spoke to BL?

The sad part of all this is that any and all information being acted upon by LE is coming from people who refuse to relieve a moments suffering from the hearts and minds of the family of a missing adult child.
Its downright cruel.
That they would demand from law enforcement consideration they have denied those suffering parents is unfathomable temerity.

No. Not necessarily. I’m a bioarchaeoligist. I’ve worked forensic cases and excavated graves 3000+ years old and everywhere in between. Depends, heavily, on many factors. Temperature, soils, if the body was/is buried, scavengers, how the body was “handled” pre-and peri-mortem.

I find this so very fascinating. Thank you for sharing your expertise and knowledge!
This is just one more reason I am hooked on this site, admiring the experiences and wisdom of so many here. I may soon need help...sleuthers anonymous?!

The thing that's so hinky for me is that the Mustang was gone all day Tuesday and then back as of Wednesday. As I've posted in the prior thread, Brian Entin (on scene reporter) said he thought it may have arrived back late Tuesday night.

Why would the parents get the car at the Reserve so late and and drive it home? Because they didn't want to be seen. There is no plausible explanation in my mind that has his parents driving the car back to their place that isn't part of a plan, especially with a three day wait to report him missing. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but...

Here we are.

MOO.
As I recall from when I lived nearby, they would close the gate to Myakkahatchee Creek park at dusk. They may not have wanted the car to get stuck in there.

I bet his lawyer is behind to have him a safehouse. How much can a lawyer lie in a client-lawyer relationship? The whole thing looks planned if he was on the phone with his parents the whole time the cops were in BL's home.

I think if this were the case, they would not have let the police into the house to report him missing.
ETA: IMO

Gabby was reading about the Zodiac Killer does that mean she has murderistic (not a word, I know) tendencies? Chuck Palahniuk is a popular novelist. Just because Brian read his stuff doesn’t make him a killer.

And for that matter, here we all are on a true crime website. Not because we have murderous tendencies, but because we care about these victims.

<modsnip>

Time to drive the van there and get another car and scram. What if he was in Florida 17-23, abandoned the van and drove/rode/flew/hitchhiked back? Or something?
I know I’m what if-ing, but this case and Gabby deserve some out of the box thinking. I want to know the last times they were physically seen. No more relying on what they told parents.
Yeah, I've wondered about that.

I mean, six days is just about enough time for him to have driven to Florida and back to Utah.

Hmm. GP was staying in a hotel, we don't know where the van was--maybe he did drive? It's 35-ish hours driving time from Salt Lake City to North Port. If the 17th-23rd dates are correct, he'd have had two days on the road, a day or two to do the moving, two days to drive back, depending on when he left. Tough but doable.

Do we know if there will be another search for Gabby tomorrow in the areas scoped out today?
Hope I do this right...

FBI announces search for Gabby Petito in Grand Teton National Park

In a series of tweets, the FBI Denver office said the investigation into Gabby's disappearance was active and ongoing and asked the public to "maintain distance from any law enforcement personnel, equipment, vehicles, and their related activity," as they conduct their search.

This. Exactly this.
It speaks to his character and state of mind.
He denies her control of her own personal space/possessions and removes her autonomy over her own life. It's an abusive powerplay and disrespectful.
He then further degrades her by telling her she is incapable of handling her SM business.

We don’t know what exactly was said between the two before they were stopped by LE. What they told LE (during a very stressful situation) wasn’t necessarily what was said in private. Did he tell her that she wasn’t competent enough to follow her social media dreams? Or did he tell her that the chances of her monetizing her dreams were slim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenJenny