Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#BREAKING: @NorthPortPolice just told @NBC2’s @MeganMyersNews that #BrianLaundrie’s family picked up his Mustang from the Carlton Preserve on Tuesday, the same day his family says they last saw him.

ALSO, there’s a possibility Brian hurt himself in the preserve.
https://twitter.com/gagegoulding/status/1439663578949226498?s=21
Oh, this answers my question I just posted! Thank you for posting this!

ETA: Interesting... it has been deleted

Could Gabby have made it back to Florida with Brian?

This is what I've been wondering. Although I dont know why they would continue to be secretive if she did. This would all go away for them if they could produce her, or could say she's in Florida somewhere. The other thing I wondered: from the police stop, it sounds like her big fear was him driving off and leaving her and he may have even threatened that a lot to keep her in line. Maybe he finally did it. She was being emotional or maybe just refusing to get in the truck and he drove away to teach her a lesson. What if he came back and she was gone and he couldnt find her. I can see him possibly driving around more and more frantic and he can't reach her by phone, or maybe her phone is still in the truck. Eventually he panics (after a day or so?) and heads for Florida because he doesnt know what else to do. But now, no one can find her and this has been going on too long, and he really is responsible because he drove off and left her, but who's going to believe that he did it to teach her a lesson--especially since they had already had a fight publically.

I’ve really been wondering if maybe he’d grabbed GP by the chin, arm, anything, and then pushed her. Not off a cliff, but something where a fall could seriously injure her. He could’ve pushed her just trying to push her away or on purpose, I have no idea. I was just thinking back to a newlywed case where I believe the wife pushed her new husband off a cliff (of some elevated space) and I think I heard a story about someone being pushed off a cruise..

I can’t even begin to guess about anything else. I have to wonder how important BL’s trip to Florida in august is. The L family are not acting normal if they have nothing to worry about
The way she gestured, it seems as though that day of the altercation when he was carjacking her vehicle he pushed up on her chin, rotating her whole head backwards. Maybe he did it even harder the next time he tried to leave with her vehicle, and broke her neck, or brain damaged her.

I can't figure out how to quote on a closed thread but wanted to comment about the post below. Specifically "telling the people who picked him up MORE than they needed to know about "fiancé" being back at the campsite busily working on her vlog....."

Reading that made me recall something I took a note on from a book called Gift of Fear and other Survival Signals. Basically, they are telling people who are in a bad situation what to look for so as not to become a victim. One was:

TOO MANY DETAILS – When people are telling the truth they don’t feel they need to elaborate on their story with ‘too many details’.

So, to me, the fact he was using too many details, when it wasn't necessary to do so, likely means he's guilty of something. As the book said.... people don't feel the need to elaborate their story when they are telling the truth.

ACTIVE SEARCH - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

I don't know what LE thinks

I think she never left GTNP and didn't make it to Yellowstone, either

I noticed that the supposed stop they made in Idaho has been removed from the timeline. Does LE no longer think they were in Victor, ID on August 25 or 26? Does no one think they actually made it to Yellowstone, that instead she actually stayed in a dispersed campsite all by herself for days while he wandered around with a tarp?

I'm just wondering why this store visit is off the timeline.

An Idaho store owner says missing Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie appeared 'happy' during a stop they made on their road trip

"In an interview with the outlet, the owner of Rustic Row in Victor, Idaho said that the couple made a stop at their store on August 25 or 26.
"They told me they were traveling from Florida. They had just been to Teton Park and they said they were interested in going to Yellowstone and I told them they could go to the west entrance," the owner told EastIdahoNews.com."

I missed this-thank you, this is something I was thinking about today. They’d have to know he was there to go back, right? But how long does the scent stay? Could he have been there before Tuesday to set this up?

I posted the link last night that shared that BL’s scent was picked up.
Please note, this is the only link I’ve found so far that stated such.

Gabby Petito case: Search continues in thousands of rural acres for Brian Laundrie

“At this point, we’re going by the family’s word of where they think he is,” he said. They said he was familiar with the parks and often went there. Taylor also said Brian’s scent was at the park, although the car he may have driven there, or ridden in, was not there.

Attachments

• 6A197700-68E6-4C5B-B465-93E7B9EC70CE.jpeg
    6A197700-68E6-4C5B-B465-93E7B9EC70CE.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 51
I've been watching the video of the van sighting on August 27th and I've got a pretty strong feeling that Brian is inside the van as the couple drives by. I mean his leather flip flops are sitting outside on the ground below the back doors and it looks an awful lot like that back door is closing in a couple of those frames. Again, it's very difficult to see because of the blurriness and the latter but it does indeed appear the back right door with the latter on it is closing as they approach. Hmm...

It bothers me that the video of the couple driving past the van is edited. Could you watch it again and opine whether or not the doors were open as the couple were coming up the road, then edited, then the doors are closed as they drive by?

If I was alone in the van I would close the doors if I saw people approaching.

From my van camping experience...long ago

Id leaving the doors open...if its hot... this van didnt appear to have a lot of air circulation ..

Someone asked about air conditioning... yes from the first dash and engine had to be on... not sure how much air got to the back of the van.

I dont think it had a generator for power.

My fan overhead was used more for venting and I had to raise the cover to turn it on and was worried always about running my batteries down.

I might close my doors if I didn't want others to see my mess and my stuff...or afraid of the looks of the approaching car but mostly open with lots of stuff outside too.

NO WAY would anyone go hiking and leave me at the dispersed camping ALONE... for Days....

Does anyone think beside the sandals there was a book with something on the top... binoculars or sunglasses.

Does anyone know if the regular scent dogs (as opposed to cadaver dogs) would still pick up BL’s scent if he were to become deceased during the search?

I believe they will still hit on it because it still has the scent of the person they're sniffing for. And the person's clothing will still be the same scent.

I also believe the hard case w/ foam the officer opens is a gun case. It makes even more sense if it was pulled from a glove box or trunk of the vehicle. ("lapse of time and pause for thought“). Not sure of FL gun laws, but I don’t think that part really matters here.

The parents must have given LE permission to open the car and specifically look for IMO the known firearm. Kind of interesting they didn’t want to do it. Maybe because of the crowds. Who knows. They are beyond frustrating and in way over their heads. IMO

I've been watching the video of the van sighting on August 27th and I've got a pretty strong feeling that Brian is inside the van as the couple drives by. I mean his leather flip flops are sitting outside on the ground below the back doors and it looks an awful lot like that back door is closing in a couple of those frames. Again, it's very difficult to see because of the blurriness and the latter but it indeed does appear the back right door with the latter on it is closing as they approach. Hmm...

I also think those flip-flops are Brian's--they seem too big to be something that would have fit Gabby. But, just my opinion.

It bothers me that the video of the couple driving past the van is edited. Could you watch it again and opine whether or not the doors were open as the couple were coming up the road, then edited, then the doors are closed as they drive by?

If I was alone in the van I would close the doors if I saw people approaching.

Does anyone else notice on this video at 1:33 the doors open a little bit, then closes by 1:39 or is it just my eyes I used the Ipad and that’s what I thought my eyes saw.

Yes I noticed this took some screenshots. It looked to me like someone closed them. MOO.

ETA It looks like someone is stood to the right of the van IMO. could make sense if there are sandals, book etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-193829_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-193829_Chrome.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Screenshot_20210919-193850_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-193850_Chrome.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Screenshot_20210919-193856_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-193856_Chrome.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot_20210919-193857_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-193857_Chrome.jpg