Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby's father clearly states in one of his interviews that Gabby was never diagnosed with OCD!

Thank you for this information!
So she has no official mental health issues that we know of. She was using slang/vernacular when she said "OCD" and BL was trying to (falsely) portray her to LE as mentally unstable.

I am a scientist and not superstitious but.... damn, that makes you think something supernatural intervened here.

I mentioned a recent article in The Economist (in the Morphew thread) that talked about how social media posts are increasingly being used for intelligence gathering. Apparently this type of thing is more common, than we realize, and will be more so in the future. Something useful may come out of people digitally documenting every second of their lives. (There was a great George Carlin bit about this, concerning Dad's with video cameras.)

The first fake text was on Aug 27

The van sighting by the Bethunes was Aug 27 approx 6pm Mountain Standard Time.

Can we find out when that text was generated?

The Bethunes may have come across the van just AFTER GP was murdered and while BL either had her in the van or had just taken her out to thr grave ! :eek::eek::eek:
I am beginning to think they passed by very, very shortly after she was murdered. While he was sitting there in the van still thinking about what he's going to do. Before it occurred to him to move her shoes.

As the hunt for BL goes on, I'm reminded of the 2017 TV show Hunted. Folks essentially went on the lam within a 100K sq mi region and try to evade capture from "investigators". Only 2 couples succeeded because it a a very difficult thing to do vs trained personnel.

Here's what stands out to me. 1. in the show, no actual LE resources are used. They mimic the techniques, but not actual resources. With this, plus little time to prepare, the average time "on the run" was 16 days or so.

With BL, he had almost 2 weeks to prepare and get a head start, but bring in the actual LE resources, and that time means little. If he is in the US, the net will continue to tighten, until he has absolutely no where to go. Absent of resources and help from others, he really get to the point he has no where to go.

Regarding the traffic stop...

Maybe its time that we collectively stop automatically labelling anyone showing emotion as out of control or manic and start being concerned with people who are able to show little or no emotion in a heated situation. It seems to me that the "emotional" ones are usually the ones that know exactly what's going on.
Thank you.

What is he supposed to use for money during this escape to Canada or Mexico? Surely he knew he'd be recognized quickly (especially in Mexico). This is not a street smart young man. He has never lived outside his parents' house (IMO) except to travel with Gabby, who supervises the plans. I believe he values his own life (and comfort) a great deal. He needed his parents more than anything, considering what he had just done (left Gabby near Spread Creek, WY). I wonder what he told his parents about why he was coming home without her. Did they ever try to call her? I bet not. They knew he had her phone. IMO.

I wonder if he even knows how to use a map. Whether he could find a border crossing (you should see my students - all of them young adults in a state university. - struggle to locate the borders in between states and transfer those to a paper map). Half of them have been to Mexico within the past 2 years but cannot say which freeways go there, and some take SO long to figure it out in the lab - they rely on their groups to help them out. They're not even clear on what kinds of symbols and lines/shading that Google maps uses to show them boundaries. Some cannot draw a rough outline of California without a map in front of them.

Nearly everyone knows that you head to Tijuana - but they can't name the other crossing. They also know there's a wait and a check point at Tijuana (most of them). They also know it's "south" of where they live - but they do not have a strong concept of how long the drive is. This semester, only ⅓ knew which state lies directly north of CA.

Anyway, Brian wouldn't want to get caught by digital evidence later googling "what's the fastest way to Mexico?" Would he? Even if he can't use a map, he seems aware of general rules of law and order.
Agree 100%. I live in SW NM and know the easiest and quickest way into Mexico. Nope, not gonna share.

It really is absolutely amazing that these specific folks from Florida (so they noticed the plate) drove by this location at this time with a dash cam recording which worked and they were diligent enough to review the footage and that they called the fbi. It all had to come together exactly right and it did. It's miraculous really. MOO
It truly was key IMO. Not sure she would have been found for ages, if ever, otherwise.

I'm not defending him but what proof do you have that he blamed her for everything?
I think having been in a DV relationship and recovered, you can spot it in a heartbeart. Don't even have to know the person. Just see a video of a traffic stop is all you need to see that paints a thousand pictures.
Edited: Grammar punctuation.

I think they should have had a woman police officer at the stop to interview Gabby. I am intimidated by male police officers as a petite blonde woman myself and I know for certain I would clam up and tremble just as she did.

As sad as I am to see this outcome, I can predict that any woman (or person) who has ever been abused could have predicted it. That 911 call was hard to listen to. The police failed Gabby.

Plus, because there were marks of physical violence on both Gabby and him, they should have brought them to the nearest hospital for a full body examination for additional signs of violence that might be covered by clothing.

Last edited:
MSM reporting about Alabama now:

Brian Laundrie possibly spotted in Alabama

MOBILE, Ala. (WAFF) - WAFF 48 has confirmed that police officers were searching for Brian Laundrie in Mobile after reports he was possibly spotted there.

Ooooh, crossing my fingers...please let it be so...
If he is found there, or anywhere else in the US, that could be one more offense with which he could be charged. What's he driving? How does he get money? If he uses a credit card, that could be traced. (That's one way Ted Bundy was implicated for some murders in several states -- he never paid in cash.)
If he is really on the road, he's spending some bucks, imo. "Hey, Mom, I need another advance on my allowance."
Not thinkin' anyone in his family would be candidates for Mensa...

Gabby Petito’s van door closes three days after she was last seen on video.

Enhanced camera footage of Gabby Petito’s van has surfaced online, supposedly shot after her last confirmed sighting. It appears to show the vehicle’s back door being closed as another automobile approaches.

Brent Shavnore, a former U.S. Marine turned cinematographer, discovered the movement on a video first posted to YouTube by Jenn and Kyle Bethune.
Gabby Petito's van door closes three days after she was last seen on video. | The Washington Newsday

It seems so incredible to me that people would tolerate violence in a relationship. I'm almost 70 years old and I've been in close to 20 romantic relationships over the course of my life. If any woman I loved had ever physically struck me, or called the cops on me, for anything, the relationship would have been over. But it's never happened. I've never raised my hand to a woman, ever, and no woman has ever raised their hand to me. I can't understand how anyone like Gabby, or Brian, would accept violence in a romantic relationship and not immediately say "Relationship's over".

Not everyone has that level of self esteem and self confidence. If someone feels like they are dating "out of their league," it's not easy to just leave.

One thing that just sticks out to me - Gabby was missing for 10 days and the Laundries said nothing. Brian was missing three days and they report it. Hm.

IMHO WHAT the Laundrie’s reported and WHEN they reported this “information” seem highly orchestrated.

Based on timelines and information relayed from LE regarding the Laundrie’s statements there appears to be some inconsistencies.

I don’t believe BL is missing at all. I think HE knows where he is as do his parents. I also believe that most, if not all, of what has been imparted to LE is untrue and meant to distract and mislead the investigation.

There could be multiple arrests in the future if my intuition is correct.

These people need a better lawyer.

MOO JMO IMHO.

Do we know that they knew as of 9/1? I mean the trip was supposed to go until Halloween. For all we know her parents were trying to get ahold of her then trying BL (thinking he was with her) & Family ( thinking they hadn’t heard from either of them)and by 9/10 they had given up and decided to go to the police. Question is when did they find out he was home and how?

The parents KNEW Gabby was with him, so they didn't think it was odd that she didn't return with him? Sure, he could have said that she left him or whatnot, but at that point...call her parents to make sure she's okay, or call her yourselves since she LIVED with you.

Honestly if BL was smart he would have driven that van to an out-of-the-way airport and left the country. Driving back to his parents house just involves his parents in his crime. That's why I can't imagine he's this sophisticated criminal that will be able to evade LE all that long.

I understand that traffic stop of the two of them is completely related, but gosh darn do I wish there was a separate thread for that whole discussion.
Exactly! I could go on about the traffic stop for days because I'm just so bothered and angered by it. More specifically the bearded cop and the park ranger, but I realize it's moot at this point and doesn't offer anything to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict