Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a relationship once with a woman who would get angry enough to hit me repeatedly. I never retaliated of course, but I did grab her wrists once to stop her, and that frustrated her even more. You're right, it's a hard spot to be in since you don't want to hurt the other person, but you also don't want to put up with them hitting you repeatedly either.

Similar situation here, I dated a girl who physically attacked on a handful of occasions during a 10 year relationship, it was by no means common and the relationship was pretty good overall but during some times of extreme stress she would do it, She was only 5ft2 and its surprising how strong even a small girl can be when they are in such a rage, I had to physically restrain her and it was not easy while she was punching kicking and screaming, I've never hit a female in my life but those situations made me realise how some men could easily retaliate and do just that.

People are assuming they are stickers, but they're probably magnets, so they get moved around, maybe when they are accessing the ladder etc.

…or cleaning it to remove evidence.

Unless I've missed something, law enforcement has not stated what specifically led to the discovery of her body. So this appears to be an open question.

I think it was likely a combination of things, and that video may have played a big role. We'll likely have to wait until there's an arrest affidavit.

I can find the report, if needed. It was a KSL live report where the journalist on scene said that GP’s last communication with her mother was in that general location (last communication that her mother found credible).
Police also looked into an app that GP was actively using: pinning and leaving reviews of rest/camp areas. The last pins were in the area close to where her body was found. I think the Youtuber video of the van also helped.

“A popular campsite planning app is providing new clues about the travels of a missing woman, Gabby Petito, before she disappeared.

KSL’s COLD podcast team has learned Petito, 22, used an app called The Dyrt to plan her cross-country road trip with boyfriend Brian Laundrie. Her public account on The Dyrt provides insight into the likely route the couple intended to take prior to Petito’s unsolved disappearance.”
Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito

ETA: how do I embed a FB video, anyone? :/ I’m not a FB user.

However, if the area between the exit and BL's parent's home has intersection cameras, they may be able to find footage since they know the exact time he passed the exit. I think the intersection cameras take a wider view of the intersection, so they may be able to get shots of the driver.

I can imagine that the footage from the intersection cameras is being scrubbed to see if they spot anything.

I was curious and did streetview on Google maps to look around that area of the Laundrie home for intersections close by. The intersection of Salford and W. Price is right where a SCAT stop is, I can't see any cameras but then again, streetview can be a little fuzzy. That's just the one intersection I found so far and that's only going around the corner from the Laundrie home.

It's not this simple sadly and I really wish people would stop boiling DV down to this black and white thing where it's apparently incredibly obvious from the traffic stop she was a victim of DV, it's incredibly easy to say now with hindsight.

My mother was abusive verbally and physically to both myself and my dad for a period of years. I saw my dad covering for her when asked questions by the Police and he acted far more like BL when asked questions than Gabby. Slightly awkward, wanting to play it down, minimise it and almost make light of the situation. My mother was infact the one more likely to turn on the water works and say she'd got a bit worked up because of her mental illness as a way to down play she'd gone bat <modsnip> with her fists.

Just because someone is upset and emotional when stopped by the Police doesn't mean they are necessarily the victim. Just because someone comes across as awkward and odd doesn't make them the perpetrator.

DV perpetrators and victims come in many different flavours. If it was as fundementally simple as some seem to make it out on here, it wouldn't be a problem anymore.
But let's get real - it's usually the man as the aggressor, and far more men end up killing their abused spouse than women abusers do. And behavior of each role usually not always aligns along similar behaviors - unlikely to see a male victim crying and wringing his hands while the female abuser stands cold and jokes with LE.

So if course it's not possible to know everything, but it never is, and yet inferences are drawn all the time - because they're correct often enough to be comfortable with that as at least a starting point possibility.

That was kind of my point, though. Did they say, oh, he's not here, but you can't talk to him anyway? The way it's worded sounds like they said he wasn't there, but he really was. I'm sure it's just the wording, but it just seemed strange to me.
I had to read it a couple of times. It says the subject (Gabby) was not there and they didn’t know her whereabouts.

I wonder why the computer was still in the van after sitting in the driveway for almost 2 weeks? Especially since the LE think that computer belongs to her. It seems a little vulnerable out there.

I believe the van was stored in his parents’ garage.

Yes, I've stated that numerous times. However, that 911 call was just released TODAY. That 911 call does not gel with the police reports NOR the uncut bodycam footage of the stop. In all of the reports and in the video, they clearly stated numerous times that Gabby was the aggressor and she could be charged with DV

How did a 911 call which CLEARLY stated the male was abusing the female turn into what we saw on the video and the reports?

It didn't. But it does give another perspective. Across country from home, with the only person she knows, do you think she wants either of them arrested? Police reports aren't always 100% accurate, unfortunately. We hope they are. But they (the police) have to use their discretion with the info they are given. If she denied he hit her, that's what they put in the report. But eyewitness obviously disagrees.

Oh, he probably convinced her she was because she was orderly and he was messy. Victims of DV, especially emotional abuse, lose their identity at some point. All young kids today refer to themselves as having anxiety without a diagnosis by a professional.
Not to be rude, but OCD is many other things than just being orderly. I had severe OCD at her age that also impacted my relationships. Gabby sounded like she knew what she was talking about when she said it. JMO.

This helps, thank you.
I wonder why he left that HD in the van. Seems odd, I was thinking he would have cleared everything out of there. Maybe there was more in there than I'm thinking.

It seems reasonable to assume that there is simply nothing interesting on it (or he believes there is nothing incriminating on it). People often use external drives to carry around music, TV, movies, since they take up a lot of disc space - so it's possible that there's nothing personal on it for him to be concerned about.

Apparently there are 2 911 calls. This is the transcription of the one that was released earlier.

Caller: Hi, I'm calling, I'm right on the corner of Main Street by Moonflower and we're driving by and I'd like to report a domestic dispute. Florida white van. Florida License plate. White van, gentleman about 5'6.

Dispatcher: Where's it at?

Caller: They just drove off. They're going down Main Street. They made er a right onto Main Street from Moonflower.

Dispatcher: And what were they doing?

Caller: Er we drove by and the gentleman was slapping the girl.

Dispatcher: He was slapping her?.

Caller: Yes and then we stopped. They ran up and down the sidewalk. He proceeded to hit her. Hopped in the car and they drove off.

Not to be rude, but OCD is many other things than just being orderly. I had severe OCD at her age that also impacted my relationships. Gabby sounded like she knew what she was talking about when she said it. JMO.
My point was we don't know if she's been diagnosed. He very well could have diagnosed her. It's what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234