Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone go to 4:35 of the nirvgorilla YT video and compare the bag (backpack?) to the one the BL look-alike is wearing in the Trail Cam footage please?!

They look identical to me, especially the black/dark straps. I'm one of the newbies, so forgive me for not knowing how to link.

Sorry if this breaks any rules. I'm colorblind too, so a few strikes against me.
I don't have a comparison, but here is the bag on the driver's seat from the nirvgorilla YT video at the 5:04 time stamp. He describes it as looking like a pillow with straps.

Attachments

• 2021-09-21.png
    2021-09-21.png
    583.4 KB · Views: 93
Since BL is comfortable going on other people's phones, he could have blocked Gabby's parents numbers on his parents' phones, thus explaining their initial lack of response.

I'm not saying it is applicable or relevant here, but there are crimes for obstructing or interfering with a criminal investigation that don't really depend on the status of the underlying case.
Interfering generally requires an affirmative action. Just not cooperating or failing to answer questions is not interference. No one has to talk to law enforcement.

Two things I wanted to comment on after seeing it come up a lot:
1. Location of likely GP body being found: makes me think she was not brought there. Like everyone said, even though she wasn't happened upon quickly, no one wanting to hide a body would carry her away just to leave her in a clearing. They would likely just use the more wooded areas or take time to cover her, IMOO. I think whatever happened all happened right there.
I thought she was in a wooded area? There's a twitter vid that went around yesterday saying that the news helicopter saw her body under a tree a few dozen yards from the tent.

We all remarked on the picture- perfect tidiness of the early van pictures. Then the one(s) taken at the time of the cop stop showed a really messy van in disarray. I wonder if the van was deliberately trashed in anger, or in looking for something, perhaps while Gabby was in the store, blogging?
I think it is just the difference between social media/YT staging and real life.

You do need a passport to enter Canada. These days, you also need a Covid test completed within 72 hours. If he went to CVS or Walgreens for that test, I'm sure there would be a record of it. You also need to be double vaccinated so he would have to show his vaccination record.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a database or a record placed on some kind of electronic register when someone passes from the US to Canada?

Yes, they show their passport and their vaccination card etc, but is this recorded anywhere or scanned, or would it just be a case of LE having to trawl through CCTV of the border?

I'm on an 'island' (Great Britain!) which is why I'm unsure on this since we have no land borders!

I live in California & we get shut offs all the time in the Fall to stop fires (don't get me started on that) But there are solar chargers. And they aren't very big. PG&E gave them out a couple of years ago.

What does he think he can do, hide forever? There's less than a handful of ordinary people who've committed crimes, who've *maybe* been able to accomplish that (e.g. List). All of whom I can think of planned their strategy well in advance. I wonder if he has any sense of how massive this has become (assuming he's off grid).

Yes, and remember he has always lived at home. Probably not self sufficient ever.

There are also solar chargers, which are pretty common among vanlifers.

True, but slow, he would have to be out in the sunlight for a long time. Doable, but risky. Of course, he could be walking at night and holed up in teh day with the panel set in a small patch of sunlight. But yes, lots of ways to keep a phone charged if you are used to being away from readily available electricity.

I live near military bases and a regional airport and their social medial always publishes when they will be doing exercises (they do a lot of something called "touch and go" with helicopters are the airport) and they do them in daylight, twilight, bad weather and the middle of the night (NORAD specifically does their exercises at like 2 am).

So if these are just training exercises, there should be some info on their website newfeed or social media pages.
Could be. I've spent my life around airfields. And, right now, live minutes from a refueling wing that was previously a fighter wing... and under a northeast refueling track - 206. Also, the Coast Guard regularly conducts training over the Great Lakes - Lakes Erie and Ontario, in my case. And Air Force 2 regularly enters this airspace for training (usually, T&Gs). Unless it is something very very out-of-the-ordinary, there is never any type of announcement. Clearly, other bases may, in fact, announce stuff like that.

If Brian’s still alive, possibilities exist he is listening to broadcasts somewhere with a transistor radio. We keep all of our old ones in our Tornado Alley Crisis bag along with fresh batteries and football helmets.
And most everyone I know have hurricane kits - radios batteries easy food water flashlights candles etc - if he’s on the run it wouldn’t take much to grab from the hurricane kit if they have one
BTW
thank you for all of your MSM updates

and how would he recharge it?
Its possible he has a solar recharger for his phone. It's another common device for people who hike and camp remotely. He certainly had time to prepare before he ran.

I dont disagree that perhaps they didnt know at first, but when GPs family started calling and then she was missing, they had to get a clue.

I personally think BL was already gone by that point. [MOO etc.] They didn’t know what to do when LE started asking questions, called the first lawyer friend they knew of and he [rightly?] gave them the advice not to talk to anyone. But then it all got super serious and now they’re up to their eyeballs in it.

Also, if they are under the assumption that GP + BL parted ways somewhere, maybe BL told them something must have happened to her after they parted ways? From what I can understand, GP’s friend said that she stayed at hers sometimes + BL’s sister said that their fights were common/usual (I think).

If they were under the belief that GP was repeatedly violent to their son to the point they had to pay for his flights home, who knows?

I’m just playing devil’s advocate for the parents here. Trying to find a way to understand it, I guess? BL’s behaviour has been ludicrous, but it appears his parents have been another level of cruel to GP’s loved ones. I’m struggling to understand how one parent could be so cruel to another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV