Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other poster asked about getting into Canada and if there would be records if they got in. They live on an island and wanted some perspective.

No, sorry, I wasn’t meaning that you were off-topic, I was pre-emptively apologising that I was posting something off-topic. Apologies for the confusion :/

I lean hard toward suicide when it comes to him. And I hope I’m wrong. Because I want Gabby’s family to be able to witness justice.
I agree. I don’t think it will be by firearm either. Too big of a chance it will be heard and he’ll somehow survive. Nope, a rope is the one sure shame-avoidance tangible item he brought along. imo

My questions:
Has the claim that BL flew back to FLA for the storage unit during those 6 days ever been publicly proven or confirmed, by the police or anyone? How do we know this actually happened?
In a similar vein, why would the L's claim to have gone out to the preserve, seen the car with the tow warning on it, waited until morning and then returned to the preserve and moved the car?
Without accusing anyone, purely speculating, these two claims smack of alibi-planting to me. As if the covering for BL began much earlier, and was more clever and deliberate, than we all assume?? If you planted a vehicle, saw the sticker, thus knowing it had been seen in that place, and then claim that BL must be in that place...to me, that sounds like it could very well have been a plan (by someone) to keep authorities occupied in a certain area, perhaps to buy time for the missing person to become secure in a completely different location. I would like to know others' thoughts on this.
Meanwhile, I am just so frustrated that I couldn't save GP myself. From the moment I heard of this case, I wanted to help her. I just hate that she is gone.

Sorry if this is a well-known rule or something, I'm fairly new, but is it within the boundaries of what we do here to try and identify Gabby's remains from the helicopter footage? This is really rubbing me the wrong way that people are doing this on this thread and feels distasteful and disrespectful for both Gabby and her family. MOO obviously.
Many of us always try to be respectful of the victims and their families.

There’s an old saying here…”scroll and roll”. Personally, I do this often.

@FBIDenver

Level 2:
Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the remains are those of Gabrielle Venora Petito, date of birth March 19, 1999. Coroner Blue’s initial determination for the manner of death is homicide. The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.
E_1opHBUYAUxR_X

Sorry if this is a well-known rule or something, I'm fairly new, but is it within the boundaries of what we do here to try and identify Gabby's remains from the helicopter footage? This is really rubbing me the wrong way that people are doing this on this thread and feels distasteful and disrespectful for both Gabby and her family. MOO obviously.
I still can’t believe there was an article in the media discussing it and showing photos and video. :(

Pretty sure that black item on the ground is an FBI agent or LE. The helicoptor was flying around and from another angle there was a man in a black jacket crouched over something on the ground for a long period of time, seemingly examining it. Here is another angle of that black object (I think) which in this photo is more clearly a kneeling man looking at something.
IMO not a person. If you zoom in you can see the strap handle at the top of the bag

My humble opinion is that when a young male (or female) breaks up or gets dumped, they want to comiserate with their friends. No one in Florida has said "My friend Brian came home and we went for beers and he complained about her etc.". I understand that he recently moved there and maybe had not made any friends there. But no one from New York where he recently moved from said the same. Nor did any friend come forward and say he called them. So why didn't he go see a friend in any state nor call a friend to talk it out?

He didn't have any friends or his friends were imaginary. He would hear voices and not be able to sleep. He was obsessed with the movie/book Fight Club, and featured the book in many of his instagram photos. The movie is about having Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Totally off-topic really but you’ve reminded me of a headscratcher of a USA/Canada border quirk! Take a peek on a map at Angle Inlet, and imagine what it’s like living there, Fort St Charles, Penasse, Flag Island or Oak Island…

A few million watch Mystery of Oak Island every week. If he is there the Lagina brothers would spot him.

The other poster asked about getting into Canada and if there would be records if they got in. They live on an island and wanted some perspective.

I think @penguinface was meaning that their comment about Angle Inlet is totally off topic. I don't think they were calling your response to my question off topic.

Phew, these threads move so fast it's easy to get confused haha

Thanks for the clarification on land borders though, and good to know that there's a database that can be easily checked had he crossed the border legally. I think the chances of that are slim to none, though.

@FBIDenver

Level 2:
Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the remains are those of Gabrielle Venora Petito, date of birth March 19, 1999. Coroner Blue’s initial determination for the manner of death is homicide. The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.

Hopefully someone will get upgraded to suspect officially soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member