Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find the post anymore that I wanted to quote.

The drive through Grand Teton National Park on the way to Yellowstone (let's say Old Faithful as destination) from Victor makes perfectly sense to me. It is the most scenic and also quickest.

They left Salt Lake City on the 24th, passed through Victor and Ogden (the Halloween post) and then went into the Tetons area. I think they did sleep in that area on the 25th as well (text to mom that they are in the Tetons, sighting in Jenny Lake on the 25(?)th), but I have the feeling it was on another campground, location. Maybe around Jenny Lake. Or a quick hotel night in Jackson after the longer drive from Salt Lake City.

Edit: I thought Jenny Lake was a day later but it seems to have been on the 25th as well. I am wondering if they already arrived on the 24th in the Tetons then.

Last edited:
it’s not enough to get him officially accused of murder. Much less convicted. In a court of law , he is innocent until proven guilty. A plausible alternate scenario is all that is needed to be found not guilty unless there is some direct admissible evidence showing he did the deed.

Wow. That's so far off from the legal realities of all 50 states and Federal Court (especially Federal Court) that I can't even begin to count the cases where there was no direct evidence (basically either an eyewitness or camera footage - moving pictures, not still).

Judgmentally you are correct...the parents should be forthright....
But ya know, many a classic play, or movie or book grapple with the struggle between unconditional love and ethics... a common theme that we are probably seeing play out right before our eyes!!

Brilliant post and so true. We coincidentally happen to be listening to an audible book (The Brothers Karamazov, 1870 or so) and it's so much the same theme (complete with courtroom drama - which is my favorite part).

Although...I think Dostoevsky thought in the end, that "unconditional love" often backfires...on the ones who love.

Fox News @FoxNews via Twitter — 9:51PM 9/22
Gabby Petito's stepfather lays stone cross and flowers at the exact spot where her remains were found in Wyoming's Bridger-Teton National Forrest Gabby Petito: Dive teams arrive at Carlton Reserve in search for Brian Laundrie: LIVE UPDATES
This conflicts with the earlier report posted here that said her family confirmed investigators made the cross of stones.

ETA: this cross looks different…
so which of the two spots is the spot?

Fox News @FoxNews via Twitter — 9:51PM 9/22
Gabby Petito's stepfather lays stone cross and flowers at the exact spot where her remains were found in Wyoming's Bridger-Teton National Forrest Gabby Petito: Dive teams arrive at Carlton Reserve in search for Brian Laundrie: LIVE UPDATES
Okay, I’m really confused. First, the searchers were across the creek in the flats and put up a tent. Then a cross was placed near the creek by searchers. Now her stepdad put a cross where her body was actually found and that spot is very close to where BL parked the van by the road. Somebody help me out here, please.

i wish we could go away from this narrative: they were in a long-term relationship. They BOTH worked on the van. They BOTH put money and sweat into it because they lived together and (IM ASSUMING) pooled resources like almost every other couple does, especially when you’re young and broke. They BOTH drove it. They BOTH lived in it. This isn’t a casual friendship where he stole the keys and took off. My husband and I have cars in each of our names but they’re OUR cars. We’d never say “don’t drive my car, it’s mine.” We are so hyper focused on him stealing her car when it’s clear it was theirs; regardless of the title.
It was not theirs. It was hers. With the title in her name, if there are property taxes to be paid, she was responsible. If she wanted to sell the van and had to transfer a title, it's hers. If she filed bankruptcy and she had to list assets, with her name on the title, it’s an asset of hers. This van was hers.

I don't find the post anymore that I wanted to quote.

The drive through Grand Teton National Park on the way to Yellowstone (let's say Old Faithful as destination) from Victor makes perfectly sense to me. It is the most scenic and also quickest.

They left Salt Lake City in the 24th, passed through Victor and Ogden (the Halloween post) and then went into the Tetons area. I think they did sleep in that area on the 25th as well (text to mom that they are in the Tetons, sighting in Jenny Lake on the 26th), but I have the feeling it was on another campground, location. Maybe around Jenny Lake. Or a quick hotel night in Jackson after the longer drive from Salt Lake City.

Might have been my post. I had said they might have stayed at that campsite the night before the Lady with the dog (lord we need something else beside dog lady) saw him alone and driving weird near the spot. If so, then maybe the reason GP wasn't in sight was she had already see the campsite so was in teh back doing something else.

Me too. I was on the fence about him being in the swamp but at this point I strongly believe he isn’t there and is instead hunkered down in a safe(r) location. MOO.
LE just needs the truck's GPS records and little Bri Bri will be found eating his moon pies & drinking his RC colas.

Sorry. I know that is not a pleasant image, him being so health conscious and all....

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member