Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the witness said that they had just sat down so I don't think they had ordered food so no receipt but the witness has a receipt for her and boyfriend's meal so they have a time stamp. jmo
The restaurant publicly confirmed that the two were present that day, and Laundrie's argument was reportedly over the bill. I think that means that he probably paid with a credit or debit card.

Brian Laundrie acted 'aggressive' before Gabby Petito's death: witness

I believe the only time he was ever there was when he was picked up by another person his parents arranged to give him a ride out of town sometime before 9/10. MOO

This is what I believe as well.... but think it was a third party (maybe from their old home in NY, who can not be identifed renting a car)
who might have met up with them on that weird camping trip....

I do believe they concocted some decoy to keep them searching in the Reserve... you know, something like a suicide note???????????????

Has there been any confirmation from LE that any of the following occurred:

- BL traveled back to Florida by plane during the road trip.
- BL and his parents went on a camping trip between when he came back to FL in the van and when Gabby was reported missing.
- The sighting at the restaurant or the other lady who is now claiming to have seen him alone.

I’m mainly curious about the plane trip to see if LE ever confirmed that happened. But I feel like the last two on the list, the camping trip and the newest sightings are muddying the waters a bit. I just want to make sure we aren’t trying to make random rumors fit the timeline.
I don't accept they're random rumors, not even slightly.
We have corroboration from restaurant that they were there.
The rest is witness reports and the first is her father's testimony.
That's more than a rumor, a lot more.
It's piecing it together that's the problem.

The COULD have parked there on 26 and left to go to town for food on 27 and returned, it was not an official park site so nobody else took their space.. then he could have stayed on or went walkabout and ended up hitching back to retrieve it and bring it home on his clear road with nobody but him knowing what had happened and probably a good story for anybody that might have stopped him or asked questions en-route.
Is this flawed thinking on my part?

IMO, the crime of which Christopher and Roberta Laundrie might be charged with is Accessory After the Fact. It is seldom successfully prosecuted because the burden of proof cannot be met. You can't prove what the parents knew and when they knew it. They won't take the stand, and everyone pleads the 5th. <modsnip> And to what end? He can't escape. He's got a distinctive appearance. His life won't be great. My wish is they'd face the camera and appeal for Brian to turn himself in. Here's a good link that discusses Accessory After the Fact from a FL perspective. Note that penalties go up in relation to the felony. Accessory After the Fact in Florida. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if possible to claim their negligence in not reporting a crime and cooperating with police caused extreme and harmful emotional duress and trauma …
I guess if it was proven they knew about it. It would definitely be interesting to know if that’s really possible about the not cooperating, since they have every right not to.

"Gary Rider, a friend of Gabby’s stepfather Jim Schmidt, said the couple had visited the site on Wednesday and that they had left some flowers next to the other cross.

“We went. Jim and I made the little cross with flowers,” Rider said. The News Logics.

“That larger cross was not made by anyone related to Gabby’s search or recovery.”

Gabby Petito: stepfather puts flowers on site where YouTuber's body was found - News Logics

No disrespect to you, Interlude, but who cares who made the larger cross? It was probably just someone visiting the scene. A tourist.

I recall her remains were found just short of 700 feet from where the van was parked. That is pretty close. Is this where her Dad placed his cross? You did not give an exact distance. If not, perhaps he was mistaken as to where she was found?
700 yards not feet. It’s been stated between 700-900 yards which is quite the distance

I recall her remains were found just short of 700 feet from where the van was parked. That is pretty close. Is this where her Dad placed his cross? You did not give an exact distance. If not, perhaps he was mistaken as to where she was found?
I doubt he’s confused because surely LE took him to the exact spot. I know I’d want to see where my loved one left this world, too.

I can't quote because it was on the last thread but I believe it was @Born2BWild and @Figuring that posted about Gabby's instagram being delayed for some reason. I just wanted to note that a lot of travel vloggers will do this and don't post real time info of their location for safety reasons. They don't want their viewers to know exactly where they are in real time. I don't know if that was the case here, but just wanted to mention that it might be the reason for the delay on some posts.

Ashley Banfield just pointed out something I hadn't noticed:

GO & BL are seen at camp site in 26th, then they're seen together at the restaurant on the 27th, then BL is spotted at the camp site ALONE on the 27th. That could potentially narrow down the time and DOD tremendously.

No disrespect to you, Interlude, but who cares who made the larger cross? It was probably just someone visiting the scene. A tourist.

If it wasn't LE as we initially believed, could it have been BL? An early reporter on the scene, that visited within an hour of LE clearing out the area, said that the cross was already there.

IMO, the crime of which Christopher and Roberta Laundrie might be charged with is Accessory After the Fact. It is seldom successfully prosecuted because the burden of proof cannot be met. You can't prove what the parents knew and when they knew it. They won't take the stand, and everyone pleads the 5th. <modsnip> And to what end? He can't escape. He's got a distinctive appearance. His life won't be great. My wish is they'd face the camera and appeal for Brian to turn himself in. Here's a good link that discusses Accessory After the Fact from a FL perspective. Note that penalties go up in relation to the felony. Accessory After the Fact in Florida. <modsnip>.

They do it because they've done this all their lives, or at least since they realized he was not your average kid (I believe he's neuro-atypical). Right now, they just want him to remain alive and fear he'll somehow die if someone tries to bring him to justice (he's a good Suicide By Cop candidate, IMO). I don't think they'll ever urge him to turn himself in. In the meantime, they'll come to terms with what has happened. They may wish him to be "free-living" on some trail somewhere, with whatever life he's going to have - lots of people's kids don't have great lives, btw. But they are alive.

And they will cope with whatever happens next. Whole situation is a tragedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been some questions about the timeline of witnesses who saw GP and BL in late August. Here are some notes I made for myself, but I don’t know how to share actual links, so this just a summary….

On TikTok, “Jessica Over Yonder” said she and friends were camping in the Spread Creek area Aug. 22-29 … she said “I BELIEVE” it was the 26th, when she first saw Gabby’s white van with BL by himself

The Bethune family (with great videos on YouTube) noticed the white van parked there on Friday Aug. 27th

Nina Angelo posted on TikTok that she and her boyfriend were visiting Jackson Hole for a wedding and said they saw BL arguing with the server or hostess at the restaurant on Friday Aug. 27th at lunchtime, and GP crying

Another TikTok person and her boyfriend gave a ride to a hitchhiker, who they believe was BL, on Aug. 29th, which also was the date that TikTok Jessica above saw the white van for the last time

It seems to me that unless Jessica is positive she saw the van as early as the 26th, the other dates might line up to make sense, in my opinion.
The most important bit of this is when Gabby was last scene alive , and that appears to be at that restaurant on Friday, Aug 27.

No. LE likely can get confirmation as to whether BL drove that car back to Florida. He would have had to have stopped at quite a few gas stations enroute and there would be some footage, I’m sure. It is highly unlikely MOO that anyone else drove that van back to his home. So doubtful he flew back. Of course, there is that issue that we here are not 100% sure when JL got home and when he was at the house. No definitive verification of that. Neighbors don’t seem all that certain as to when they saw him. But my guess is that he drove that van back and told his parents something that caused them to call an attorney , shut down any comments even to frantic parents of GP calling, and keep their son away from LE entirely.

You misunderstood. I’m not talking about his final return to Florida. I have no doubt he drove the van himself. I’m talking specifically about his trip to Florida during which Gabby was in a hotel in SLC. I assume by JL you mean BL, and in that case he got home 9/1. There is proof the van arrived that day, and we shouldn’t assume someone else drove it.

No. LE likely can get confirmation as to whether BL drove that car back to Florida. He would have had to have stopped at quite a few gas stations enroute and there would be some footage, I’m sure. It is highly unlikely MOO that anyone else drove that van back to his home. So doubtful he flew back. Of course, there is that issue that we here are not 100% sure when JL got home and when he was at the house. No definitive verification of that. Neighbors don’t seem all that certain as to when they saw him. But my guess is that he drove that van back and told his parents something that caused them to call an attorney , shut down any comments even to frantic parents of GP calling, and keep their son away from LE entirely.

I still think the planning started via some phone calls to his folks.... and to avoid those being tracked, they told him to "come home and we will have it worked out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214