Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What restrictions, if any, are placed on a person who is named as a POI?
It's kind of a vague term. Many law enforcement agencies never even use that word in the first place. Some that do use it, refer to anyone who hasn't been eliminated as a "person of interest." I've seen cases where they've actually said "everyone is a person of interest."

What matters is obtaining the probable cause that allows you to obtain search warrants, and perform certain types of surveillance (phone taps, gps monitors, etc).

You don't have to publicly name someone as a suspect or POI in the first place. The FBI for example almost never does that. They just go about their business and make an arrest when the time is right.

Well, there goes the theory that some have mentioned: that she was killed inside the van.
I think that distance would have been too far for Brian to carry her body.

It’s not 700 yards *face palm*
Why can’t we establish any facts in this thread?
it’s 300 yards
900 feet

Attachments

• F7E1CA02-1FE8-4BC9-A3FD-6F3A3FEFEDE7.jpeg
    F7E1CA02-1FE8-4BC9-A3FD-6F3A3FEFEDE7.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Maybe that's why no one on staff at the restaurant noticed the incident.
MSM reports that the witness said it appeared to be a dispute over the bill. Since the restaurant has been able to confirm that it was them, I think we will learn that GP or BL paid with a credit or debit card and that there is a time stamp. JMO.

Ashley Banfield just pointed out something I hadn't noticed:

GO & BL are seen at camp site in 26th, then they're seen together at the restaurant on the 27th, then BL is spotted at the camp site ALONE on the 27th. That could potentially narrow down the time and DOD tremendously.
If the restaurant incident did happen, I would say this is what led to her death. He was still angry.

This is a very good question. I’ve wondered this too. My other question to sort of add to this is, if they were to even find Brian right now, would he even be arrested? If he’s still just a person of interest, wouldn’t they only be able to take him in for questioning and not able to formally arrest him? Just my curiosity. I would hope they have some good evidence unknown to us stored away that would give them probable cause to arrest him if he is found. JMO
I also hope that these neighbors reported this camper situation to the authorities and that LE checked this story out? Anyone know if LE has confirmed this camping trip?

He would surely be detained. I expect an arrest warrant to be in progress as we speak.

I think the warrant will be made public before the weekend - not that the timing matters all that much. But yes, if they find him, they'll have many questions, tons of things they can detain him on (esp with FBI involvement) and the jig is up for him. Drag his detention out, collect charges (he probably has charges that are both federal and state).

The term "person of interest" is IMO meaningless. It might as well say "suspect."

They. have PLENTY of probable cause. Oh, so much probable cause. And it's not up to Florida, it's up to other forces. But I think any judge in FL would also find probable cause.

I figure LE actually monitor the news - so the neighbors' story is known to them. It's not the top thing on their list though - finding Brian is the top thing on their list.

Because those charges are about to be laid and are inevitable.

Just a note- Sarasota and Manatee County Sheriff's office are out making rounds at the moment and earlier today, a little further north, Marion County was circling an area hard for about 45 minutes. They may or may not be related, but I'd like to believe they are and it means they are really ramping up the search activity.
could they be detecting cell tower pings from the area? They seem so adamant that he is in there....

I wonder if LE is watching the purchases of the Laundrie's right now? For instance, was it just a gallon of milk at the store or was it considerably more and only the milk went back home?

Can they do this now or does he have to be named a suspect before they investigate on that level?
Good question.
I think as Brian is an official poi they may be able to do a deep dive -- with search warrants ?
Imo.

At 1pm in Aug 27th, a dining couple witnesses BL "aggressively" arguing with restaurant staff in Jackson Hole. He storms in and out four times, then GP comes in and apologies for his behavior.

Approximately 4 1/2 hours later that same couple passes BL and GP 2012 Ford Transit van just north of Jackson Hole. U'm thinking approximately between 5-5:30.

Vloggers drive by GP's van at around 6pm, parked very near Spread Creek, the spot where GP is later found dead.

GP's Mom also gets that strange text supposedly from G about her grandpa, "Stan" on the 27th.

According to witnesses then (I'm sure LE has talked to that restaurant's staff) BL was in a very agitated mood causing a "full bliwn incident" and GP was on clean-up apologizing.

I'm just surmising now but I'm thinking her going back in to apologize probably didn't sit well and could have lead to more arguing.

No wonder when TikTok gal and her boyfriend gave BL a ride on Aug 29th he "freaked out" when they said they were going to Jackson Hole. Last time he was there he'd made a big agressive scene and probably killed GP that night. AJMO

Brian Laundrie acted 'aggressive' before Gabby Petito's death: witness

I remember at the beginning of this people were posting pics of his dad's truck. Before and after. One day it was perfectly clean, the next day covered in mud. I'm wondering if the timing of the photos corresponds to the timing of the camping trip - and where around north port can you actually go get mud up the side of your truck in a campground?

I've mixed them up. I invariably do.
I'm thinking of the girl with all the dogs and children and the nice husband who was driving who reported seeing it parked there on 27th.. I forget her name. The Original witness is who she is in my brain.
(I could be mixed up)

Thats red white and bhue something or other. They spotted the van on the evening of the 27th.

Edited to correct the date the van was spotted

Last edited:
This isn't going to help solve this homicide, but -

I used to think the pictures and videos of the little henpecks were cute.

Now I have the urge to yell at him to get away from her. I don't like seeing them together any more.

If it wasn't LE as we initially believed, could it have been BL? An early reporter on the scene, that visited within an hour of LE clearing out the area, said that the cross was already there.

Unlikely, he hasn’t shown a shred of remorse only fear of being caught and that fear brought him to FL so back to WY would be the last place on earth he’d go IMO

I don’t know if this has been discussed but I have a question for the attorneys, how come the FBI has yet to issue a warrant for BL’s arrest? Do they possibly not have any direct evidence tying him to GP’s murder?
I’ve seen different explanations for this. It is possible that there is not enough evidence to do so. It is also possible that LE sees no need to do so, since they have all the access to finding BL as Missing Person, and that getting a warrant might reduce chances of his and parental support in surfacing. Right now, both his parents and he know that he has not been accused officially with the murder. His parents were the ones that filed the missing persons report and they may be very worried that their son will kill himself. Likely why they filed the report. There may be no material reason to change his status. We’ll see if they do so when and if they find him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7