Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The three day camping trip really raises suspicion. That is long enough for them to drive to New York and back if they took turns driving. It’s about 20 hours non-stop.

then the NJ turnpike cameras would have caught this and there’d be an ace in the hole for law enforcement. I truly do not believe he’s up this way. Also I don’t feel they’re capable of doing a round trip non stop drive out to Long Island and back.

I wonder if LE is watching the purchases of the Laundrie's right now? For instance, was it just a gallon of milk at the store or was it considerably more and only the milk went back home?

Can they do this now or does he have to be named a suspect before they investigate on that level?

This is a very good question. I’ve wondered this too. My other question to sort of add to this is, if they were to even find Brian right now, would he even be arrested? If he’s still just a person of interest, wouldn’t they only be able to take him in for questioning and not able to formally arrest him? Just my curiosity. I would hope they have some good evidence unknown to us stored away that would give them probable cause to arrest him if he is found. JMO
I also hope that these neighbors reported this camper situation to the authorities and that LE checked this story out? Anyone know if LE has confirmed this camping trip?

I recall her remains were found just short of 700 feet from where the van was parked. That is pretty close. Is this where her Dad placed his cross? You did not give an exact distance. If not, perhaps he was mistaken as to where she was found?

When did her dad go to WY? I just saw (tonight) a news broadcast where the stepdad is there, in WY (and he helped identify her body) but her bio dad is in FL.

Let's not confuse the two. Stepdad has handled some really hard stuff. Having to travel and then be present for something like this is a terrible burden.

Might be because he's still a "person of interest" (right?) as they don't have any concrete evidence to suggest it was actually him - I hate that i'm saying that....
It's possible that's the case, and they aren't at the point where they have enough to actually arrest him.

It may also be because they don't want to escalate things further, and cause him to do something (else) stupid.

There have been some questions about the timeline of witnesses who saw GP and BL in late August. Here are some notes I made for myself, but I don’t know how to share actual links, so this just a summary….

On TikTok, “Jessica Over Yonder” said she and friends were camping in the Spread Creek area Aug. 22-29 … she said “I BELIEVE” it was the 26th, when she first saw Gabby’s white van with BL by himself

The Bethune family (with great videos on YouTube) noticed the white van parked there on Friday Aug. 27th

Nina Angelo posted on TikTok that she and her boyfriend were visiting Jackson Hole for a wedding and said they saw BL arguing with the server or hostess at the restaurant on Friday Aug. 27th at lunchtime, and GP crying

Another TikTok person and her boyfriend gave a ride to a hitchhiker, who they believe was BL, on Aug. 29th, which also was the date that TikTok Jessica above saw the white van for the last time

It seems to me that unless Jessica is positive she saw the van as early as the 26th, the other dates might line up to make sense, in my opinion.
The most important bit of this is when Gabby was last scene alive , and that appears to be at that restaurant on Friday, Aug 27.
Might be because he's still a "person of interest" (right?) as they don't have any concrete evidence to suggest it was actually him - I hate that i'm saying that....
No ones offered one. Usually it’s friends and family and organizations wanting to help the family.

I wonder if LE is watching the purchases of the Laundrie's right now? For instance, was it just a gallon of milk at the store or was it considerably more and only the milk went back home?

Can they do this now or does he have to be named a suspect before they investigate on that level?
Would guess and hope they are monitoring everything, including finances, phones, live audio/video from within home, and exterior.

Just a note- Sarasota and Manatee County Sheriff's office are out making rounds at the moment and earlier today, a little further north, Marion County was circling an area hard for about 45 minutes. They may or may not be related, but I'd like to believe they are and it means they are really ramping up the search activity.

Sarasota Cty Sherrif chopper is in the sky again over the reserve. They did a quick fly over last night too. Why are they going out once a night really quickly? Can they really get much in the way of results from just that? It's just over that area, so clearly it's got to do with BL

I think it's more complex, but that you are onto something. Brian had 'issues' and was not 'launched.' Having a loyal girlfriend was a step - but obviously way above Brian's maturity level. They knew that, but the only way to intervene was to encourage him to split from her. Having that relationship was way too much for him - and his parents knew it.

Why was it so? Well, I think Brian gives us lots of clues and the parents, if they had a chance, could tell us a lot about preventing this kind of tragedy.

I think the mom in particular knew he was lying about Gabby and hippy gypsies. She knew her son. But...she was used to taking his word above the word of family outsiders - really common.

I don't know if it was "dislike" for Gabby or whether the parents just knew that Brian couldn't cope. Trying to warn her might come across as "discouraging the relationship" or "disliking" Gabby. At any rate, the parents probably had a bad feeling even before they started out - I agree. Brian was very sheltered, introverted and literally living in his own private Idaho...

yeppers... I see this to be a lot of the basis of the family dynamic.... And, before the craziness, Brian and his folks could work these things through......In the beginning, I really believe the parents just wanted their son to be "safe"...... I really think that the parents truly had no idea what a media frenzy and circus this would be........

People disappear in the wilderness all the time (Just think about all the indigenous women who have been killed there, and LE, basically yawns.) and rarely is there a circus like this one.
We can all have our opinions of why this one took off like a rocket...........

I really didn’t think Brian was a bad guy, watching the stop in Utah, I thought things were a simple misunderstanding, immature slapping between both parties. I kept seeing so many say it was DV, I didn’t see that. So many said google reactive violence. I finally did, and now I see why I saw things the way I did. God bless Gabby!

Couldn’t GP and BL have set up the tent where the investigators put the across?

I don't know why people think they were tent campers. The few times I saw them with the tent up it looked more like a stage setting than something they used very much. They had a van that was designed for sleeping in. And she was acting very surprised that rain was coming in. Not like an experienced tent camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay