Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some hours after the restaurant argument the van was still in the North of Jackson according to the restaurant visitors. They spotted it. See my post above. That must have been around 5-6 pm.
I don't remember when the other woman drove past the van on the Spread Creek Road. Probably one or two hours later? Only Brian could be seen in it then.
I am confused about the times. Allegedly an incident occurred at a restaurant on August 27th at 1 pm, and the van was seen approximately 4 hours north of Jackson. I also saw that a witness saw the van at the Spread creek campsite parking on August 26th. She remembers it because she noticed he had trouble parking. She noticed only BL in the van. No GP. She said it was in the same spot the next day and possibly the day after. I don't see him having an incident on August 27th in a restaurant. Seems confusing. I tend to believe he was at that parking spot for awhile as he figured out what to do. It seems interesting that the van was turned in a direction as if it came from the creek area. I noticed a little opening between the bushes as if he may have been driving back and forth out there. Just speculating.

It makes no sense that BLs parents would suddenly be so forthcoming with information... and as John Walsh mentioned, how did they know the exact location of the mustang in such a huge area to leave a note and then go retrieve. I am 100% he is probably far far far from there and well stocked. I thought maybe he would kill himself, but its become clear that after getting a lawyer and the response of the parents, the goal was to slip him out while GPs parents were calling and before the POI heated up
The mustang was in a designated parking area which is likely patrolled nightly/daily for the sole purpose of noting those using the area after hours or attempting to stay there.

There is no doubt in my mind that LE believes he is in that preserve. I also think they have evidence that he is there. I think they may be waiting him out. The longer he stays in there, getting hungrier, more tired, weaker, the more compliant he will be when he comes out, and the more likely he may be to confess to what he has done. LE is stalking him. I think it's possible they have detected him with thermal imaging at night and they just don't share that with us. MOO but this is a big cat and mouse game.
They certainly believe there is something in that reserve that is related to the homicide of GP. Something that may not wander out after they conclude their day search.

I agree. In his work Walsh has always been very motivated to find missing kids and to catch the criminals responsible, but he's usually been fairly professional. I don't know why but in the case he's seemed to really go off the rails. He seems quite unbalanced.
JMO

I don't know if this explains his behavior, but in a article on the DM this morning I believe it invoked feelings he is experiencing about the disappearance of Adam Walsh.

He believes mistakes were made initially and see's the same mistakes have been made with BL and how he was able to disappear under the noses of authorities.

It could presently be his state of mind of his own son's murder. JMO

This is what I had wanted to know... for the benefit of those of us who aren't local, is the entire preserve passable, for want of perhaps a better word? or can you go off-piste into the swamp if you want?
Well the thing that I have been wondering, being local... If you watch the helicopter images you will see these White straight paths through the reserve. Those are power lines. They have a raised dirt road under them so the power crews can access for repairs. I wonder why they don't believe he just walked up one of these paths to State Rd 72 and hitchhiked his way out of the area. They MUST have some reason to believe he is still there to still be focusing SO many resources there.
Google Maps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.43.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.43.10 AM.png
    443.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.46.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.46.19 AM.png
    948.2 KB · Views: 41
I guess LE/FBI did what they needed to do with the Mustang. Just interesting that they left again, though.
Maybe to go back to get more of their stuff taken as evidence? JMO but if they haven't left their house for their jobs or anything else in the past few days I'm guessing their talking to LE and not going shopping or something

This is what I had wanted to know... for the benefit of those of us who aren't local, is the entire preserve passable, for want of perhaps a better word? or can you go off-piste into the swamp if you want?

that preserve is enormous compared to our little local one and finding anyone in there is very difficult. LE has outright said it’s like finding a needle in haystack.
LE couldn’t find the little Anthony girl when she was dumped close to home.
Given, he has wilderness living skills and know the preserve, it would be a good place to off self. Of course , he could be gone elsewhere. With other friends sbd family, or on the lam. FBI likely going through contacts; I certainly would. Not like just anyone would shelter him.

Wow, interesting. While it's hard to know if the outcome could have been changed for poor Gabby if a different action had been taken, I do hope they see it as a learning opportunity and do more rigorous training on how to assess and respond to domestic violence situations.

I know this has been referenced a few times now… IMO LE could have done any number of things BUT, it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the final situation. I say this because..

-GP and BL fought and left more than one location. No one, not even witnesses stepped in to talk to Gabby or offer her a way out.

-LE could have arrested one or both of them at the DV stop but THEY chose to return to each other after every fight/incident.

-GP’s family/friends would have been the first and only contacts that could have talked her into coming home OR gone out there to meet up with her to intervene and help before things escalated to murder. IMO

I am going to ask what may amount to be two dumb questions right now, and one is a 'what if' scenario:

If the autopsy is complete and the Coroner has determined very close to approximately what date Gabby passed, then couldn't LE issue an Arrest Warrant for BL based on the fact that he, at the very minimum, misdirected the investigation by sending text messages from her phone to people after she died?

Although they cannot yet prove he is the one who sent the messages, what if their cell phones pinged together at the same time in the same place multiple times after the date she was determined to be deceased, it would, at the very least, indicate that he was likely in possession of her cell phone and that he tried to impersonate her by using her phone.

I realize that this scenario involves him not having the presence of mind to shut off his own phone during his drive back to Florida. (I don't believe he could resist not checking his own phone for several days.)

In Christina Morris's murder trial, some of the evidence presented was cell phone records that showed the pinging of Christina and her abductor's (EA) cell phones were close together for a few hours after she was last seen with him on surveillance tape. (He was the last person who had been seen with her and claimed he left her close to her car in a parking garage.)

Also, second question is could LE currently have an Arrest Warrant for him and just not be making it public ?

JMO
Great post. I have no answers yet, need more coffee lol.

This may have already been pointed out, but it is a 36-hour drive from Jackson WY to North Port FL -- roughly the route BL would have had to take to drive the van back to his parents'. That would be a very long two days, or more likely 2.5-3 days of driving.

MOO: So, if he arrived in North Port on Sept 1, and the text about being in Yosemite was sent on Aug 30, it is likely he was driving home on the 30th, 31st, and 1st -- or possibly just the 31st and 1st. But that would have been a very long drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme