Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always believed they set him up someplace where they don’t think he will be found, or at the very least that he took off on his own before Gabby was reported missing. I do wonder if dad is followed by either LE or a member of the press, making it risky to get supplies.

They could have traveled a long distance with the camper and set him up many miles from home, making supplies from dad more difficult. It seems like there would need to be another person involved to keep him hidden but at this point who knows.

jmo

Sorry if this is a duplicate. My Internet is wonky.
I agree. I think they've got him set up somewhere about an hour from where they live. Eventually he'll be seen, but it will take some time. I believe the Laundries have had the advantage of being ahead of the game because it was a week before Gabby's family realized she was missing and two weeks before she was reported missing. That gave the Laundrie family ample time to get things ready for when Gabby was found. As LE closed in on where Gabby was, Brian conveniently disappeared into the gator swamps. I believe the Laundrie family had Brian drive over to the reserve on Tues, had him walk around to spread his scent, then picked him up in the truck and took him to another location to hide him. They left a note "don't kill yourself" on the car for LE to see, left the car overnight and then returned on Wed to pick it up and bring it home. We know they lied about leaving the car there until Thurs. Now they wait until LE gets tired of following them around and the media finds a new story to follow. When that happens, they'll find a more permanent location for Brian and he'll move on with his life. My guess is, this is going to be a long haul before he's brought in.

I know this has probably been said on here a million times, but if my kid were missing - no matter if he was a person of interest in a case or not - I would be yelling from the top of my lungs to find my child.

These parents don't seem concerned about finding their child. To me, that means they know what happened to him. It would be impossible to shut me up, but for them, its impossible to get them to talk! They reported him missing - so shouldn't they have been out on the media asking/pleading for help to find their son?

JMO
Ummmm I’m pretty sure they see everyone is looking for him. I can’t see any parent setting their child up for a manhunt like this. Personally I would be out trying to find him myself and going public asking him to turn himself in.

I believe Brian came home Sept 1. and told his parents that Gabby and he had broken up. He had a three day drive to come up with a story. Probably that Gabby took a bus to a friends house or something of that nature. His parents may have thought he seemed off but blamed it on sadness from the break up. They then tried to “cheer him up” with a bike ride and a camping trip. Around the 10th, or a couple of days before, Gabby’s parents start texting Brian. He tells his parents not to answer if they try texting them. His parents start to put pressure on him about where she is. Maybe then he gives another made up story like “I don’t know. She just took off.” They then contact a lawyer for advice. Meanwhile maybe Brian is threatening to hurt himself. He then takes off and the parents are scared he will do something if the police catch ip with him so they wait a couple of days.
Now the police can’t stop looking until they find him or his body. Because they have to be sure he isn’t out there on the run.

Having said all of that….
The second Gabby’s parents started calling I believe the right thing to do would be respond.
I, also as a parent, would be on tv telling my son to turn himself in.
Yeah I don't think its a coincidence he was missing when her body was found. He planned it that way so that he would have to face his demons in the flesh...his parents, gabby's parents, LE, etc. He knew she would be found because he made little to no effort to hide the body. He's not dead, at least not yet. I think this guy is hiding very well or gone relatively far...quite the little manipulator he seems to be and so far it's working in his favor because he's not been found.

IMO...of course

If so them
I don't know how John Walsh can forgive the cops who botched his missing deceased son's case. That was horrific. Le botched it horribly!!!

Anyone think STAN was code to her mother?
If so then mom seriously botched her end

The camping trip was new information for us yesterday. I truly believe and hope that it was not new information for LE and FBI here's why. I would bet that as soon as Gabby's remains were found in Wyoming, FBI sat down BL's parents and in a very convincing way suggested that they tell them all of BL"s movements since returning home on Sept 1, including the camping trip. FBI has probably already has evidence about every detail of that camping trip, and yet they continue searching the reserve. MOO but he's definitely in there..we just don't know if he's alive or dead.
Good thinking. o_O But what then do you think was the purpose of stocking the camper and going camping for 3 days?

Anyone think STAN was code to her mother?

That's a great thought. Although the Can You Help Stan message is just a shortened thing for "Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls" which is the full text message.

Also apologies if formatting is silly. On phone.

I think Brian left the home so his parents are.not involved any further!
He's smarter.than most believe!
Hes.remained silent!
He's free!
No one has seen him!
I'm not so sure he will be caught!

"They started to fight when the money got tight and they just didn't count on the tears. " Billy Joel - a reference to the Laundries and NOTHING ELSE.

Brian L is a Munchkin who can't survive without family money and support. Sooner or later there will be an IT slip and a repeated WIFI port will be revealed whether it be in Toronto or Mexico city or Brit Honduras. Plus the family will have to get money to him in some manner.

Long term it is likely he 'll get nailed to the cross. He ain't that smart and he has no usable basic skills like an electrical ticket or a joinery apprenticeship to allow him to work under the radar.

Kidon G

That's a very, very good idea because then we can see which spots they are focusing on or if they are covering the entire area. I'd love to see a map with the flight paths in different colors layered but I have no idea how you'd do that.
Right - this is why I posed the question - I have NO CLUE where to start that! haha, but it made me wonder what we would find, especially with some of the immense talent in this group.

I believe Brian came home Sept 1. and told his parents that Gabby and he had broken up. He had a three day drive to come up with a story. Probably that Gabby took a bus to a friends house or something of that nature. His parents may have thought he seemed off but blamed it on sadness from the break up. They then tried to “cheer him up” with a bike ride and a camping trip. Around the 10th, or a couple of days before, Gabby’s parents start texting Brian. He tells his parents not to answer if they try texting them. His parents start to put pressure on him about where she is. Maybe then he gives another made up story like “I don’t know. She just took off.” They then contact a lawyer for advice. Meanwhile maybe Brian is threatening to hurt himself. He then takes off and the parents are scared he will do something if the police catch ip with him so they wait a couple of days.
Now the police can’t stop looking until they find him or his body. Because they have to be sure he isn’t out there on the run.

Having said all of that….
The second Gabby’s parents started calling I believe the right thing to do would be respond.
I, also as a parent, would be on tv telling my son to turn himself in.

I agree, everyone has been vilifying the parents as harboring a fugitive and knowing about the murder and helping to clean up the murder scene and all kinds of wild accusations. I think it’s much more likely that he spun a story to them just like he did to the police in Moab.

She’s crazy and she went bonkers with the Instagram star idea and she was almost arrested for assaulting me and I had to be put up in a shelter for victims of domestic violence and she broke off the engagement and never wants to see us again and she hates our family and living with us and she arranged to takeoff with friends and demanded i take her van home all by myself.

I am thinking that with the new area being searched, the TFR, and BL’s parents leaving, we may be getting news soon.
Were they really followed by a "caravan" of LE? If so, , I'm hoping that they are being taken in (wherever that is) for questioning. OR, that they are being taken to identify something.??? I hope the LE are not all following them to the grocery store, lol. JMO

Folks - anyone have a police scanner link that I can listen to in the meantime before JB hits the air?

I use the 5-0 app on my phone and select the Top 100. Sarasota is at the top of the list.

She has more to say @oviedo, I just found this in the SF Chronicle. Sorry, just saw it now! Please add what each she saw day. Thanks!

Schultz said she saw the van on Aug. 26 along with the young man — and saw the van again on the 27th and possibly the 28th without the man or anyone else around it.
done in this thread - thanks

I wonder if the key word to understand here is "caravan". Not sure how a news report would use such a word. Is it two vehicles? Is it one hundred vehicles? Caravan surely gets peoples attention more than saying, the Laundrie's were followed to retrieve their vehicle by two law enforcement vehicles to ensure safety.

It sure wouldn't be two.

IMO, a "caravan" is at minimum 5-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads