Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was raised less than half a thread ago, lol, and I'm not sure if people keep ignoring it because they still find it weird but... Gabby's grandfather's *name* is Stan, and this has been said time out of mind.

Who is Stan? Why Gabby Petito’s final text message was so ‘odd’ to her mother
  • “The text message read, ‘Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls,’” the warrant states. “The reference to ‘Stan,’ was regarding her grandfather, but per the mother, she never calls him ‘Stan.’ The mother was concerned that something was wrong with her daughter.”
... and now I'm probably officially just gonna scroll and roll past any future posts on the topic because explaining more and more variations of it and reading others' explanations, is even confusing me, lol; but it seems like a terrible code word for anyone to use to me, considering it actually stands for a live person. Isn't a "code word/phrase" generally something that cannot accidentally be said or stumbled across?

This! Times like these make me miss the old forum when we could post the little gifs to respond without words. Specifically, the one that reflected "don't beat a dead horse". That one would come in handy about now.

The first reporter who found and tweeted about it prematurely said it was made by investigators but later deleted the tweet. By then media already caught wind of it so IMO there’s still a chance it wasn’t made by them. Wouldn’t it technically be a disturbing of the crime scene for investigators to have done it? I personally believe the cross was already there and IMO, made by Brian.
Moo....
Once LE cleared the crime scene, removed any evident the scene would be open to the public.

I can see LE creating the cross. They knew her dad would be one of the first to view the area. I think this was an act of kindness and compassion.

When a body is removed, the ground is cleared, sometimes digging down several feet to insure all evident, human remains are removed. Given the area, I don't think LE would be able to hide the crime scene. Out of respect for Gabby and her family they created a marker for all to grieve.

When the Hedrick plane crashed in my area, local rescue teams created a makeshift cross within days. Family members were in regular attendance at the recovery site and openly expressed gratitude for the cross. The rescue team dug several feet into the mountain to insure the most minut piece of human remain, plane debris was removed. The area is secured by a 20ft foot fence and a very large cross made my the Hedricks team members with all the names inscribed.

This is sacred ground, as should be Gabbys site.

I am thankful for the kindness of all involved with Gabbys recovery.

All my opinion....

I'm a bit confused by the parents actions this morning. Is it fact that they were followed by a caravan of LE when leaving the second time? That would make it appear that they were in SOME sort of trouble, but that wouldn't make sense as to why they were able to drive their car back to their home themselves, or why they left again in their own car, followed or not. I just can't make sense of it.

The sighting and argument at Merry Piglets (and subsequently on the sidewalk) at 2ish PM significantly changes my best guess about when she was murdered. I previously thought that it was probably on the 28th or 29th, based on his frazzled/frenzied encounter with the people who picked him up hitch-hiking. I assumed she was OK through the whole 27th. But given that the van had such a closed-up look when the video of it was taken at 6-6:30 PM that night, I am now wondering if they had a violent confrontation shortly after being asked to leave the restaurant, and he had her in the back van that evening, and was trying to figure out what to do with her. He could have subsequently taken advantage of the cover of darkness to move her as far as he could away from there as he could carry her. Another alternative is that they had a violent altercation that night and she was running from him in the darkness. I would have thought someone would have heard something like that, but then I'm reminded of Faith Hedgepeth's death in her apartment with a nosy neighbor just under the room where she was beaten to death.

I wish we knew for sure whether he was parked in the same place on the 28th. If there on the 28th, that would once again change my thinking, because I can't see him sticking around the crime scene for two or more days.

Is it possible that they had another incident like the one in Moab, but someplace more private, where he was hurting her, chasing her, and threatening to leave her behind? Except this time, instead of her successfully crawling into the window, he hit her with the van? And then put her in the back and took off?

for people wondering about the live streams

before midday FL time which is about 1 hour 40 mins from now, WFLA only tends to use their website or app WFLA now

around midday they use their social media channels with JB

its not perfect as something they go live later or a bit earlier but it might help some people

Maybe they are confident - or maybe they're just being thorough and checking it off the list. Imagine if he WAS there and they DIDN'T search the preserve. That's the kind of thing that could get someone fired.

IMO, he wouldn't park his car in plain site if he was hiding there. When you factor in all the other details, it seems obvious to me that his parents helped him escape.
-BL returns on Sep 1
-He and his family immediately lawyer up and do not respond to any of GP's parents calls & texts (big red flag)
-The mustang is found in plain site at the preserve
-His family buys a brand new camper and takes a 3-day road trip...mind you this is after they clearly know that something bad happened to GP and BL is in trouble. Who goes camping under these circumstances?

Here's my problem with the parents are still hiding him theory... I am absolultey certain the FBI already knows the details of the camping trip. IMO they have already questioned the parents about that trip. So maybe the parents lied? Or said nothing. Sounds plausible, but have you sat across from an FBI agent who is trained to get information out of people who don't want to give it and are the best in the business at reading body language? These parents don't strike me as people who would stand up well to this type of interrogation. JMO

I just wanted to point out an important distinction (IMO) regarding the van:

Gabby literally got into a huge physical altercation with BL, to such a degree that the authorities got involved, partly because she was fighting for possession of her van keys (and phone), and obviously revoking permission for Brian to use the van without her continued occupancy. To the point that she had to "claw" her way back inside the van.

It was as plain as day to the eyewitnesses who reported the incident. She told the officers as much, too. That she had not wanted to be separated from the van. She'd been scared of being locked out. Of Brian driving way without her.

Why? Think about it. Because not only was the van legally hers, the van was also *her home*, and the van was her *dream/livelihood*.

Why are people forgetting to acknowledge this? Sure she was fine with him driving her van most of the time. Being the main driver on their road trip. But she was most definitely not fine with him taking the van away from her, and leaving her behind somewhere to fend for herself.

We've seen concrete, visceral proof of that in her actions in Moab.

There is no way that I could ever believe she would be okay with him taking possession of the van away from her for an extended period of time. How would she be able to continue her Van Life vlog that she had been working so hard on without it?

And that's not even getting into the inherent dangers/survival aspect of being stranded so far from home in a wilderness setting.

I'm sorry but that goes beyond reasonable doubt, in my opinion.

Agreed. Can’t help but wonder if BL had actually succeeded in driving off without her that maybe things would have turned out differently.

Seemingly good samaritans were standing by witnessing the altercation. They likely would have consoled her. Maybe she would have been more open and transparent with them about what was really happening without the fear of being arrested. Maybe she would have called LE on him... “he stole MY vehicle and left me stranded without a phone”. Maybe the narrative would have shifted towards him as the aggressor and just maybe they would have arrested him.

Or maybe none of it would have mattered. We’ll never know.

Just can’t help think about the what if’s.

RIP Gabby :(:(

I believe Brian came home Sept 1. and told his parents that Gabby and he had broken up. He had a three day drive to come up with a story. Probably that Gabby took a bus to a friends house or something of that nature. His parents may have thought he seemed off but blamed it on sadness from the break up. They then tried to “cheer him up” with a bike ride and a camping trip. Around the 10th, or a couple of days before, Gabby’s parents start texting Brian. He tells his parents not to answer if they try texting them. His parents start to put pressure on him about where she is. Maybe then he gives another made up story like “I don’t know. She just took off.” They then contact a lawyer for advice. Meanwhile maybe Brian is threatening to hurt himself. He then takes off and the parents are scared he will do something if the police catch ip with him so they wait a couple of days.
Now the police can’t stop looking until they find him or his body. Because they have to be sure he isn’t out there on the run.

Having said all of that….
The second Gabby’s parents started calling I believe the right thing to do would be respond.
I, also as a parent, would be on tv telling my son to turn himself in.

Can you summarize? I think it's been taken down.

RSBM
IME, and this is not universal, I was married for a very short time at a very young age to a mama's boy. His father was an abusive bully to his kids and his mother. The ex was very angry underneath. I often wonder if it was because he was angry at his mother for not protecting him. And yet, he was enmeshed with her. His anger and unwarranted jealousy escalated to where he began to follow me in his car and broke things when angry. The next woman ended up with a black eye.

There are so many permutations of cause and effect. I could write a book about all of them. I've seen coddled men who are very emotionally abusive and are also mama's boys. To an extreme.

Mama's boys can most definitely be very aggressive towards women. Perhaps it's because they perceive that they are truly failures and need to take it out on someone.

The MommaBoy's I knew lashed out at women, all women. They demanded women to caretake them or lash out! They also sought out nurturing, sugar momma types to enable them.
I'm curious what a psychologist would think about this?
My amateur guess is learned behavior from the Mother. Either the Mother was too controlling, smothering, and coddled them. No consequences for being violent to little girls, and eventually women. An absent, submissive, and/or overcontrolling abusive Father.
Jealous mothers who think bad girls deserve to be punished for not worshiping, caretaking their son, and defying or rejecting him. An independent ten/ young woman would push the mother and son's buttons for complete control.

WOW....thank you both.

BTW not only does the thread move like lightning, so do the alerts, it is really hard to keep up with the replies when there are likes and reply notifications amongst your quoted as well. Good grief!

Great job @oviedo Add this to timeline:

8/26:
Jessica Schultz told the San Francisco Chronicle that she saw Laundrie in the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area near the park on August 26. She said she was driving behind Laundrie while he was in the couple's white van alone, before he parked it on the side of the road.
done - about that Aug 13 timeline info - I can't seem to find if BL has his own Instagram? I found Gabby's - anyone know ? I checked page 1 but still couldn't find it. Is his that unusual name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member