Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. I am guessing that there are no restrictions on BLs travel since they are not charged with any crimes at this point? So if they wanted to, they could stop by MCO airport and jump on an international flight out of the US with no problems?

A good question... I always thought that the FBI could tell you to stay put ( in the country) without charging you ( they seem to do this in the movies:)

Haven't seen it stated, but would have to guess it was the day their attorney said he spoke to Brian on the phone (which I *think* was 9/13). I would imagine if an attorney is going to represent someone, they at least have to talk to them since the attny is in another state and a physical meeting wasn't possible at that time.
The search warrant states the Laundries directed LE to speak to their attorney on the 11th. So on or before that date, assuming they spoke with them when the van was retrieved

Which would be the nearest large airport location.

I am guessing North Port Police nor the FBI will make the mistake of *not* putting surveillance on the parents.

But can they surveil them legally? I asked earlier but I didn't see any replies.. Legally, can they put surveillance on BL's parents or does a person/people have to be considered a suspect or guilty of a crime to have surveillance on them?

MOO

True. But the other park employee or officer, the woman, had a completely different take on the situation, and was vocal about it, repeatedly. She had a long talk with Gabby about her relationship seeming "toxic", and she turned out to be right. If she could be that insightful, others could learn to be, too. She also pointed out to the other officers, that BL wasn't the only one with marks on his face.

But you're right; it's easy to critique from the peanut gallery. When you're in the middle of a highly emotional scene, and are receiving some mixed signals from the parties involved (minimizing the situation (when not crying hysterically), claiming they're engaged (which they no longer were) & in love, etc.), it's a lot of messy stuff to wade through and make sense of.

Still, I'll be interested to hear how the PD's review of the handling of the situation goes.
All of this goes back to social media. Gabby and BL living the "Van Life" was an Instagram thing, a way to be famous and project an image of a happy couple on the road, doing hipster stuff like hiking barefooted, eating granola, posing for cute pictures. But it's not reality. Most of what we see on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube is staged for effect.

So being stopped by police while having a fight in scenic Moab was a nightmare, not just because of the emotional upset, but because it directly conflicted with the image Gabby wanted to present on Instagram. She was never going to give up her dream over what she thought was a temporary mood of BL. She was in denial about his true nature.

A more mature woman would have just given up and started driving home alone to Long Island, even if she was nervous about driving. But she clearly wasn't to that point, even if other people could see she was in a toxic relationship. Plus he kept taking away the keys.

Which would be the nearest large airport location.

I am guessing North Port Police nor the FBI will make the mistake of *not* putting surveillance on the parents.
For all we know, the parents' movements are a tactical maneuver. I'm sure they are assuming they will be under surveillance, but maybe they are planning to make contact with BL. Maybe they want to try to talk him into turning himself in. Maybe this is all planned through the FBI. Or not. Maybe they are just being so badly harassed at their home that they need to leave.

Thank you for posting that. I saw the Torres Tweet yesterday (?), but lost sight of where it was & couldn't remember his name as I was about to post sbout it then. Just remembered an Hispanic name.

RSBM

1. There is a transcript of the 911 call in which the caller states GP is being slapped. BL got marks on him because GP was clawing into her own vehicle which BL locked her out of and was trying to get her phone back.

2. Narcs don't care about you and will leave you anywhere no matter how dangerous.

3. Killers make mistakes all the time.

4. POI vs Suspect is a LE tactic even when they are confident of the evidence.

5. Yes, this stuff with Rose is going down a rabbit hole.

1. The problem with that, just from the statements at face value, was the 911 call said he was driving by, where the Christopher witness said he was stationary. People can easily get things wrong when driving by, although I tend to lean toward the fact that BL probably put his hands on GP. The problem is that BL stated multiple times he was trying to create space between him and GP. That is corroborated by all three accounts, as well as the physical evidence at the scene of the stop. Christopher reported that she didn't just "claw her way in", she was punching him through the window. That's a little different than just trying to climb over someone. Either way this was definitely a toxic relationship.

2. Leaving someone someplace, although reckless and absolutely horrible morally, isn't murder.. I don't even think it would be prosecutable, tbh. That wasn't so much my point though. He appeared as if he was acting like he knew where she was and everything was fine. Could he have been acting? Sure. I guess we'll find out.

3. I get that killers make mistakes, but it just seemed odd he would even bother to text the mother about the grandfather, when he literally could have just not sent the text to begin with. I heard that that Stan text was sent at the end of an ongoing conversation with her mother. It just feels out of place with everything else he did.

4. The opposite can be said as well though - LE might not have the evidence to have probable cause to charge him. If this is the case, especially following the autopsy, then that could either mean someone else's DNA was found (because I'm sure they have Brian's DNA by now), or that she was killed from a distance and shown no sign of struggle (struggle leaves DNA usually). There's 100 different ways that could play out. I mean LE could deem him a suspect tomorrow and change all that, but the fact that they still haven't I wouldn't say is a sign of strength in their case against him.

5. Yeah I said that lol Out there, admittedly.

For all of these I guess the phrase "time will tell" pretty much sums it up.

In regards to the parents being spotted in Orlando (which I verified).... I dont see any business or places that would make sense for them to stop by near where they parked (120 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801)

I’m sure this question has been asked several times before, so excuse me, but has anyone ever witnessed such a manhunt for someone that is only a POI? I mean, really? MOO

I cannot recall such an effort for a POI......this search brings to mind the manhunt for Eric Rudolph, the Olympic Park bomber back in 1998.

Personally, I'm surprised there are as many involved as there are. That's an awful lot of man- and machine-power for one person who (at this point in time) has every legal right to go and do as he pleases since there is not a warrant out for his arrest.

We're talking about a person of interest in a domestic violence death. I'm starting to wonder if LE isn't feeling the heat from being accused of dropping the ball earlier, so they're pulling out all the stops. Brian is probably only a danger to the female companions in his life, but not to society at large.

I can see that level of investigating if we were talking about a serial killer or a mass shooter who was likely to keep killing. But Brian? Am I the only one who thinks it's overkill?

Plus, a big part of me doesn't even think he's there, given his parents' activities and behavior over the past couple of weeks.

I agree with everything. It's crazy the amount of attention this case has gotten. I'm also skeptical he's there but I'm sure the FBI knows far more than I do

thank you, that’s what I’m saying! More to the story? This is a TON of resources. More on a “very dangerous individual” level. My opinion.

POI is also a known euphemism for “suspect”. POI is used when they have not yet been questioned or have enough evidence to charge the person(s) involved in a crime.

BL is being called a POI most likely for these reasons and to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme