Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually…they may not have it. We stay at Marriott properties primarily and rarely checkout at the desk. We just call the front desk and leave the keys in the room or use the app for check out and just leave—often not even through the lobby. Ugh.

I thought someone saw her when they checked out, but I have no idea if that’s been properly documented.

Gabby Petito: Police are looking for missing 22-year-old ask for her boyfriend's cooperation - CNN

Authorities searching for missing Florida woman Gabby Petito are hoping to talk with her boyfriend, who they believe was the last person to be around her before her family reported her missing, a police spokesperson said Wednesday.

"He needs to talk to us," Josh Taylor, a spokesperson for the North Port, Florida, police department, said in a news briefing. "We need to know exactly where he was, where she was, their last locations and that the fact that he was back here for 10 days. ... The family reported her missing 10 days later."

There is currently no search warrant for that home,
Taylor said.

You can fly with a gun as long as it is locked in check bag and declared. There are a few more rules, but you can absolutely take a gun on a flight.
Right, but if he was wanting to dispose of it after a crime, he wouldn't want to declare it and leave legal proof that he went from the crime scene with that weapon back to his home. JMO

I think it is also the dates that are interesting. The women were last seen in Moab on the 13th of August. On the night of the 12th, Gabby and her bf had some kind of scuffle and commotion. Tensions were high and they might have separated for a day or two. So he might have been alone in the campgrounds, while the 2 of them cooled down. IDK but it is interesting that LE hasn't ruled it out. JMO

I believe I read in one of the articles (but please correct me if I’m wrong) that the night of the scuffle, Gabby took the van and Brian stayed in a hotel (paid for by a DV program that works with local PD) so they were probably separated for at least one night.

ETA: I found the link. From The Daily Beast:
The officer was able to get Laundrie a hotel room for the night, and Gabby kept the van. They agreed not to contact one another until the next morning, which would allow them to “reset their mental states.”

Well there's proof of life on 8/24, her mom has stated they were facetiming. That's AFTER the unusual trip to FL regarding the storage move situation. So, now I'm thinking there may have been premeditation? Maybe. His recent behavior is not that of a loving partner. Not at all. If he didn't love her, why was he with her?

Do we know if Gabby had life insurance? Is there a financial motive?

‘It’s a town of 5,000. When is the last time Moab had two independent murders within 24 hours that were not related. They may or may not be … not sure

Well, it’s not quite like that. The two murders were definitely part of the same crime, and whatever happened to Gabby happened almost two weeks later. But it’s a strange coincidence that the domestic incident happened right where one of the murdered women worked.

But he wouldn't be able to fly with a gun. He'd have to dispose of it before he boarded a plane.
Why would he not be able to fly with a firearm? I've flown scores of times with a firearm in my checked luggage. Millions of people do. If your possession is legal where your flight starts, and where it ends and you the basic job of securing it in your checked luggage as specified in simple instructions by TSA, you are fine. if your flight gets diverted to JFK in NYC or some place like that -- do not take possession of your luggage. Explain to the airline that you cannot because there is a firearm properly secured in it and they will secure the luggage until your flight out. The end of year reports from TSA on sized firearms are a tiny proportion of people making a mistake in putting it in carry on and detected at gate scanners. This is almost never jail time.

In any case if he had used a firearm in the double murder, it would make a lot more sense for him to dispose of it out in the wilderness areas where he was out west, or toss it in river soon after heading to Florida

Sure, but they can always plead silence on advice of counsel. They cannot be forced to speak ever. They can be threatened with jail, or even be put in jail, they still don't have to speak. I think at some point they'll have to get another attorney and if/when that happens their collective lack of voice could change. At some point, one of three could say something.

Nobody has to answer any questions or give statements to LE, ever. Anyone can be compelled to testify in court, under subpoena, as long as nothing asked would criminally implicate the person testifying, in which case they would invoke their 5th amendment right.

Would someone really risk driving across country with a body in the van?

It is not super common, but it does happen. Letecia Stauch is in the news having just done that to her poor stepson.

According to this article, Brian and Gabby had a fight outside the Moonflower Co-op where Kylen Schulte worked?? And there is a man missing from Teton Village, last seen August 19, phone last ping 8/23. Gabby last known place is Grand Teton 8/25. SO WEIRD....

Van-Life Couple Got Into Physical Fight Days Before 22-Year-Old Vanished, Police Docs Reveal

Texas Man Disappears In Jackson, May Have Been Camping | Cowboy State Daily

I thought they were seen arguing at the Kicks 66 convenience store? I'm confused by some of the details in this case, to be honest. IF they were fighting outside Moonflower Co-Op, to me, that is a BIG red flag that BL may have had something to do with Kylen and Crystal's murders.

Well there's proof of life on 8/24, her mom has stated they were facetiming. That's AFTER the unusual trip to FL regarding the storage move situation. So, now I'm thinking there may have been premeditation? Maybe. His recent behavior is not that of a loving partner. Not at all. If he didn't love her, why was he with her?

Do we know if Gabby had life insurance? Is there a financial motive?
Not many people (22 year olds for that matter) without jobs or assets have life insurance, I could be wrong though, her parents might have one for her, doubt Brian is the beneficiary if that's the case.

Have some pages to catch up on so maybe this is obsolete.

Whilst LB and family may keep silent: I would asume that both GP and LB still probably have grandparents, given their age. I'm kicking off from a post from K9enzo
My guess, and this is only a guess, is that LE will be trailing every move BL makes and they'll make sure he's aware of that. BL won't be able to leave his driveway without a LE vehicle riding his bumper every place he goes. They'll do this till he starts talking.

Ditto the same for parents. Even if not LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!