Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say hypothetically they had a fight and the boyfriend drives off without Gabby. Gabby then succumbs to the wilderness of where she was left, either dehydration or eaten by an animal. What sort of charges would the boyfriend be looking at? Would there even be charges?
This is a good question.

#UPDATE

@GCSheriffUtah has DENIED our request for the 911 call that a man placed outside of the Co-Op where Petito and Laundrie were seen arguing.

What investigation? Moab PD say they decided their was no evidence to move forward with charges.

#KSLTV
https://twitter.com/morganwolfeksl/status/1438240219568820225?s=21

I don't understand. "What investigation?" is right. I assume this is just typical LE B.S. Why release the whole police report but not the 911 call?

Evaluation for what? She wasn't a danger to herself or others. It was an argument. She and B agreed to separate for the night so she was certainly coherent.
Offering to help someone that talks about their mental health problems, a young woman that appears to be in distress, is not the same as forcing (danger to herself/others) her to be evaluated.

Lets say hypothetically they had a fight and the boyfriend drives off without Gabby. Gabby then succumbs to the wilderness of where she was left, either dehydration or eaten by an animal. What sort of charges would the boyfriend be looking at? Would there even be charges?

If you change your hypo and say he left her in a town in Utah, there would be no charges. BL is not her guardian, he doesn't have a responsibility to her. The most would be theft over the van possibly.

If he intentionally put her in a dangerous situation that the reasonable person could not get out of - say 100 miles into a desert with no food or water - you'd have some type of negligent homicide or manslaughter charge depending on the state law. Similar to child hot car deaths.

IMO I think this will end up being more intentional because if he just left her in Utah he could say he left her in Utah and that's the end of the story (as long as it's my situation A not B)

This mental health issue.....
Anxiety was mentioned in that report, two other words were redacted.
If those also refer to anxiety....don't we all for the most part have anxiety attacks in stressful situations at one point or another?
Gabby was far from home, very uncomfortable in that particular situation, fearful etc...so unless we know more I don't really think we can assume she has a serious mental health issue.

Agree, and the younger generation has all but removed the stigma of mental health issues, for the most part they are not afraid to seek help from professionals or talk very openly about such issues. Anxiety and depression are really not unusual diagnosis. I wouldn’t view this alone as some kind of smoking gun in the case. If GP harmed or was threatening to harm herself, I can’t imagine her partner being afraid to call for help. Not drive home, hire a lawyer and refuse to speak to her family. That’s what is abnormal here.

I don't understand. "What investigation?" is right. I assume this is just typical LE B.S. Why release the whole police report but not the 911 call?
I think they also left out the witness statement from Christopher, unless that was released separately. I haven't seen it though, just the 4 pages including Gabby and Brian's statements.

Van-Life Couple Got Into Physical Fight Days Before She Vanished, Police Docs Reveal

Gabby’s dad’s latest interview…wow! I can’t imagine what he’s going through.

Petito said he was reluctant to speak negatively of Laundrie in the media because Laundrie is key to finding Gabby.

My biggest fear is that people overpressure this guy and he hurts himself and then he can’t speak anymore—and then I’ll never find my daughter,” said Petito. “Focus on her, and keep it up until we get her home. I’m begging you of that. No one gives two *advertiser censored* about Brian until we get Gabby home.”

Petito hasn’t heard from Laundrie or his parents, and said he isn’t “anticipating anything” from them.

The bolded part. Are these the mom's words or are they your words? I haven't read where her mom has said this but I haven't read all the articles.

The bold part is actually what I surmised from the police report. BL and GP said things, and the police wrote things, that suggested that. Also it's from in part her mother's words in an article I read last night (MSM I swear) where she said she had talked to Gabby, their last conversation, and there was something wrong with the relationship, or she didn't know where it was going, and in another interview, the mother said that they were no longer engaged.

I think they became un-engaged after the fight on 8/13 where they told the police they were still in love and engaged. Sometime after that, the engagement apparently ended and the mother suggested she found that out in the last phone call. This is all according to various newspaper and TV reports.

I despise the mental health narrative being directly or indirectly aimed at Gabby.

PLEASE- keep her ''possible'' mental health diagnosis/self diagnosis out of the public domain unless her family want it out there, it has nothing to do with both of them setting off on an adventure and only one coming home. Be victim friendly please. Her family and friends could be reading these message boards.

BL needs to start talking. SOON. NOW. Her family are distraught, please have some consideration for them. Her mom's and dad's face at that PR is filled with sadness and despair that hopefully we will never have to endure.

Please Gabby come home safe and sound and soon.

I think a lot of us here are surprised with the outcome of that interaction with police? By obtaining a hotel room for Brian, the officer was leaving her alone in a van at the entrance of the park? Did he ascertain that she had a campsite she was going to? Considering what he said about the state she was in, I'm surprised he took Brian away and left her there alone.

Maybe the police officer assessed that Brian was the stressor, and that once he was gone Gabby would calm down.

Either that, or because she had title in her name, the officer had no choice.

If Brian has no legal right to the van, ceding him the van instead of Gabby would in turn be senseless.

Yes, it is popular on SM to self diagnose, I am not downplaying mental illness in any
way.
My 23 yr old daughter and I are very open about mental health issues ( family member suffered ) she told me recently she was appalled at the number of people who were saying they had mental health issues and using all the hashtags with posts on social media . She did say it was as if it was almost trendy and fashionable to have mental health issues .
I'm not downplaying MH issues in anyway , having lost my own brother to suicide . I just thought I'd share these observations

#UPDATE

@GCSheriffUtah has DENIED our request for the 911 call that a man placed outside of the Co-Op where Petito and Laundrie were seen arguing.

What investigation? Moab PD say they decided their was no evidence to move forward with charges.

#KSLTV

Something in that call is more revealing?

According to this article, Brian and Gabby had a fight outside the Moonflower Co-op where Kylen Schulte worked?? And there is a man missing from Teton Village, last seen August 19, phone last ping 8/23. Gabby last known place is Grand Teton 8/25. SO WEIRD....

Van-Life Couple Got Into Physical Fight Days Before 22-Year-Old Vanished, Police Docs Reveal

Texas Man Disappears In Jackson, May Have Been Camping | Cowboy State Daily

Could someone in that area be a serial killer? Hmmm. That's a lot of disappeared people in a short period of time.

If you change your hypo and say he left her in a town in Utah, there would be no charges. BL is not her guardian, he doesn't have a responsibility to her. The most would be theft over the van possibly.

If he intentionally put her in a dangerous situation that the reasonable person could not get out of - say 100 miles into a desert with no food or water - you'd have some type of negligent homicide or manslaughter charge depending on the state law. Similar to child hot car deaths.

IMO I think this will end up being more intentional because if he just left her in Utah he could say he left her in Utah and that's the end of the story (as long as it's my situation A not B)
This is what worries me. If they had a big fight, broke up and he left here there, then she would have been able to reach her parents. She knows they would come get her or wire her some cash.

But the fact that she hasn't called anyone, in 3 weeks or more....very frightening. And boyfriend and his family not communicating is inexcusable and makes him look guilty, imo.

The report does not say she assaulted him. It attempts to provide a narration to explain why they were both so upset and the arguing had escalated to physical. He grabbed her face, so he was also physical with her, it was not a one-way physical fight. They had done this before, IMO. The way the cops wrote it up portrays her as irrational and more upset than the man in this situation, the POI who probably is responsible for her being missing. The cops wrote: "The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down. she didn't want to be separated from the mate and began slapping him."

That's the hysterical woman part of the story and I doubt very much it actually happened that way. That sounds like the boyfriend's POV, to establish how "nuts" his girlfriend is. And police reports are not infallible.

Just IMO

BBM

I can attest personally to the flaws and "cherry-picking" of police reports in an investigation. I do not want to derail this thread but will say this...First and foremost, I have the utmost respect for LE, there are many more good than bad apples. However, with that said, some LE/detectives will pick and choose what they want to put in a police report to "close a case." Whether it be laziness, not fully and properly investigating an unnatural death scene or especially when they feel pressure from victim's family (hiring private PI's and attorneys) questioning why they did not do their "due diligence" in the investigation..

JMOO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members