Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laundrie's lawyer and his parents seem to feel highly confident and justified in not releasing any information about Gabby's whereabouts...did she check herself into a mental health hospital?? Hipaa privacy laws might protect them all from having to say where she is if this is what happened..imo
If she were in a hospital, with a missing person's report, the hospital would have informed the police. They're required to.

With the automated checkout systems most bigger places have, there's no reason to "check out." Either they slip the itemized bill under the door, or you access it on your phone or room TV, and if it's correct, they charge it to the credit card on file.

But the early reports did say they were seen checking out, so maybe they did it the old-fashioned way?
I would have to check, but I believe the reports just said they were seen "leaving," so it could just be eyewitnesses that remembered GP having been there for days and then seeing her leave for good with BL now that he was back.

This may mean nothing but why would BL's dad have him fly back during his trip to move stuff out of storage to save $ at that time? Why not just wait until he got back to handle all of that? Seems odd the dad didn't think to do this before they left and someone is paying for air fair to bring him back to save $. I don't get it. IMO
Who knows maybe BL was having his psychotic break after hurting her told his parents he was too upset to drive. This guy is something else.

Sure, but they can always plead silence on advice of counsel. They cannot be forced to speak ever. They can be threatened with jail, or even be put in jail, they still don't have to speak. I think at some point they'll have to get another attorney and if/when that happens their collective lack of voice could change. At some point, one of three could say something.
My guess, and this is only a guess, is that LE will be trailing every move BL makes and they'll make sure he's aware of that. BL won't be able to leave his driveway without a LE vehicle riding his bumper every place he goes. They'll do this till he starts talking.

why would they go to the expense of hiring an attorney instead of just telling her parents what hospital she is at?? This case is all over the news. The hospital social workers would have informed the police by now.
It's possible that the hospital workers don't know who she is and she checked herself in anonymously--I tried to make sense of the mental health privacy laws re: an adult voluntarily entering a mental health facility and not wanting their family or law enforcement notified...it appears to be a grey area depending on the hospital's rules and regulations--perhaps someone here knows more about how that works and can contribute some insight...

North Port Police say at this moment technically they don’t have a crime – they just have a missing person. BUT I was told today “we are looking at every avenue necessary to see if this meets any type of criteria for hindering an investigation of a missing person.

video clip
https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438315158414270467

That's not how HIPAA works. HIPAA applies to medical professionals & healthcare entities/businesses revealing sensitive information, not private citizens.
I do believe the police would be able to find out if a person/patient/missing person is in a hospital, they can't say anything but they most certainly wouldn't be on MSM talking about her missing if they knew that. IMO

With the automated checkout systems most bigger places have, there's no reason to "check out." Either they slip the itemized bill under the door, or you access it on your phone or room TV, and if it's correct, they charge it to the credit card on file.

But the early reports did say they were seen checking out, so maybe they did it the old-fashioned way?
That’s my understanding as well - but I also thought the last verbal communication was august 25 (hence missing date) but now I’m just not sure - Hoping we get some details from Northport PD soon
JMO

It's possible that the hospital workers don't know who she is and she checked herself in anonymously--I tried to make sense of the mental health privacy laws re: an adult voluntarily entering a mental health facility and not wanting their family or law enforcement notified...it appears to be a grey area depending on the hospital's rules and regulations--perhaps someone here knows more about how that works and can contribute some insight...

her face is on every newscast. Surely someone would recognize her. It isn’t a gray area. If someone recognized her as a patient, or thought they did, they would inform police so they could check it out. They just can’t go informing the media or anything.

Except that only one came back and I think they have proof - we Floridians love our ring doorbell and video cameras on our garage doors - of course that’s speculation on my part but I’m going to guess LE canvassed their street and has pulled sunpass records potentially - it’s a bold statement for the chief to make IMO
Mr. Steven Bertolino, esq. the @NorthPortPolice needs your help in finding Gabby Petito. Please call us to arrange a conversation with Brian Laundrie. Two people left on a trip and one person returned! #wheresgabby #FindGabby #fbitampa #gabbypetito

https://twitter.com/nppdpolicechief/status/1438242034775732236?s=21

Police in North Port Florida have taken over the case and are working with the FBI. I agree with you but perhaps they have uncovered some evidence that she was brought back to Florida.
Fiancé of missing woman shared chilling post before she vanished on trip

I just started reading about this story an hour or so ago and there are way too many comments to grasp very much solid info, and other stuff I’ve read is same-ish. Can someone just confirm that there has been no communication between BL and GP’s family or LE or anyone since GP was known to be alive? BL drove all the way back to FL in van that is titled under GP’s name and that’s all we know?

I do believe the police would be able to find out if a person/patient/missing person is in a hospital, they can't say anything but they most certainly wouldn't be on MSM talking about her missing if they knew that. IMO
Yes, LE would definitely be able to find out in some capacity, but the OP was saying that perhaps no one could say where GP was is because she checked in to a hospital for mental health issues and BL/family/anyone could talk about it because of HIPAA.

What happened to Gabby Petito? Private investigators say police are 'on the right track' focusing on the missing road tripper's boyfriend

Private investigators told Insider that since the boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, is likely the last person who saw Petito, talking to him is key to figuring out what happened. Police will want to get Laundrie's phone records and look into his internet search history and most recent GPS tracking locations, the PIs said.

I’ve been a member here for years but don’t post very often…but I had to say…these “PIs” sound like they are explaining this case to 5 year olds.

like, no kidding! The police will want to look at BL’s phone records? Tell me more…

SMH

It’s like some people will do anything to get exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members