Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laundrie's lawyer and his parents seem to feel highly confident and justified in not releasing any information about Gabby's whereabouts...did she check herself into a mental health hospital?? Hippa privacy laws might protect them all from having to say where she is if this is what happened..imo

One has to assume that if there is a missing persons case, the hospital has at least a duty to notify law enforcement that the person is not missing. That information doesn't have to be made public. LE can simply say she has been found. End of case.

Edited to add that HIPAA applies to health organizations and businesses, not individuals.

I hate this "mental illness" narrative too. She was probably emotional and upset for good reasons. Speculation based on things her mother has said - she's in a bad relationship. Her boyfriend is doing things that scare her, annoy her, bother her, and she's had it. they get de-engaged, according to her mother. They fight a lot, big fights that terrify her, with police being called. Anyone in that situation would be emotional. She's far from home with this guy, no one else to help her, maybe they don't have much money, and she's got anxiety that is being made worse by the bad situation. I feel terrible for her, but at the time, the cops kind of do the "hysterical female" thing with her and even bring up "battered boyfriend syndrome"! Unbelievable. (It's mentioned in their report).

And... This is all the more reason to be in touch with her family, not drop the communications. Even if the worst has happened, I fully expect the POI boyfriend to blame everything on GP, and now he's got a police report that details how out of control she was.

Just all speculation of course.

ITA: You expressed exactly what my thoughts are thus far..women are portrayed as the "crazy, unstable ones with mental illness while the catalyst for their outbursts are for very legitimate reasons...very unfortunate.. IMO

Regarding the murder of Turner and Schulte ( itself so sad and tragic, they had just married :() :

First we need to know if BL brought a gun with him on the road trip.

Second, they were found I assume near to or where they were camping. Iirc apparently it was a pretty secluded, out of the way, and not a normal listed camping area.

Would BL have happened on such a place if he was basically a tourist? (or he may have followed Schulte from the place she worked...?)
However, they did say a creeper was hanging around so was this creeper there BEFORE the incident with Gabby at the place Schulte worked? The women texted (or called) a friend about the weirdo, so the timing can be established.

Personally I don't think their murder is related to Gabby's disappearance.
But investigators are "not ruling it out"....I guess maybe.

I’m not convinced the two are related either (barring any new developments/information) but I don’t think whether or not Brian left with a gun really matters. Firearms can be very easily obtained most places in the US, and at least in Utah, you don’t need a background check if you buy from an unlicensed seller (I.e., at Craigslist or a flea market).

ETA: What I’m most interested in is what data (if any) LE has been able to recover from third-party apps like Instagram—without Brian talking to police, unfortunately there’s no real way of knowing the precise timeline of where they were and when aside from phone/GPS data.

Last edited:
I hate this "mental illness" narrative too. She was probably emotional and upset for good reasons. Speculation based on things her mother has said - she's in a bad relationship. Her boyfriend is doing things that scare her, annoy her, bother her, and she's had it. they get de-engaged, according to her mother. They fight a lot, big fights that terrify her, with police being called. Anyone in that situation would be emotional. She's far from home with this guy, no one else to help her, maybe they don't have much money, and she's got anxiety that is being made worse by the bad situation. I feel terrible for her, but at the time, the cops kind of do the "hysterical female" thing with her and even bring up "battered boyfriend syndrome"! Unbelievable. (It's mentioned in their report).

And... This is all the more reason to be in touch with her family, not drop the communications. Even if the worst has happened, I fully expect the POI boyfriend to blame everything on GP, and now he's got a police report that details how out of control she was.

ITA: You expressed exactly what my thoughts are thus far..women are portrayed as the "crazy, unstable ones with mental illness while the catalyst
Just a thought but what if the scratches on his face were defensive?

BINGO!! This ^ JMOO

for their outbursts are for very legitimate reasons...very unfortunate.. IMO

ITA: You expressed exactly what my thoughts are thus far..women are portrayed as the "crazy, unstable ones with mental illness while the catalyst for their outbursts are for very legitimate reasons...very unfortunate.. IMO

Just a thought but what if the scratches on his face were defensive?

BINGO!! This ^ JMOO

She could be any place in between. But I don't, personally, think he would have taken that action without some advice from someone. The phone log will help tell that story. If his parents take the 5th or lawyer up, that will be very telling.

I hope they realize that. So far, I'm not impressed with the quality of his legal representation.
Was is stated where they went after they checked out of the hotel? He was back in FL on the 1st, they could've headed in a different direction and she could be anywhere within a day or so drive from the Fairfield.

Laundrie's lawyer and his parents seem to feel highly confident and justified in not releasing any information about Gabby's whereabouts...did she check herself into a mental health hospital?? Hipaa privacy laws might protect them all from having to say where she is if this is what happened..imo

why would they go to the expense of hiring an attorney instead of just telling her parents what hospital she is at?? This case is all over the news. The hospital social workers would have informed the police by now.

Laundrie's lawyer and his parents seem to feel highly confident and justified in not releasing any information about Gabby's whereabouts...did she check herself into a mental health hospital?? Hipaa privacy laws might protect them all from having to say where she is if this is what happened..imo
That's not how HIPAA works. HIPAA applies to medical professionals & healthcare entities/businesses revealing sensitive information, not private citizens.

I'm the worst and don't even check out most of the time? I just kind of... leave?

With the automated checkout systems most bigger places have, there's no reason to "check out." Either they slip the itemized bill under the door, or you access it on your phone or room TV, and if it's correct, they charge it to the credit card on file.

But the early reports did say they were seen checking out, so maybe they did it the old-fashioned way?

I’m pretty sure the father said FaceTime specifically.

Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC

Petito's father, who lives in Florida, said the couple was in Salt Lake City on Aug. 21. He knows because he placed an Uber Eats order for them.

"There was a power outage. She said she didn't have WiFi, so I ordered her some food," Joseph Petito said. "I know it was in Salt Lake City. It was the last time I spoke to her."

Gabby Petito's parents said the couple left Salt Lake City for Grand Teton National Park around Aug. 24, where they believe the couple spent no more than two days.

This was also around the last time Petito spoke with her mother over FaceTime.

(It appears she last spoke with her mother via FaceTime.)

If she did that and he knows about it, then him saying where she is isn't a violation of HIPPA, but the medical personnel treating her would be in violation if they told anyone. I think if she did that and he knows about it, then there is zero reason he can't say that to her parents. It wouldn't have to be released nationally, but at this point there is a nationwide hunt for this woman and her bf has said zero. There is a point where you just tell her parents. (I don't believe this is the case because based on her constant communication with her family, I believe she wouldn't hide that from them)

Good point. It's possible that he and a very alive Gabby drove back to Florida, together.
Except that only one came back and I think they have proof - we Floridians love our ring doorbell and video cameras on our garage doors - of course that’s speculation on my part but I’m going to guess LE canvassed their street and has pulled sunpass records potentially - it’s a bold statement for the chief to make IMO
Mr. Steven Bertolino, esq. the @NorthPortPolice needs your help in finding Gabby Petito. Please call us to arrange a conversation with Brian Laundrie. Two people left on a trip and one person returned! #wheresgabby #FindGabby #fbitampa #gabbypetito

https://twitter.com/nppdpolicechief/status/1438242034775732236?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member